1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Shasvastii color schemes

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Cannon Fodder, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I just got my Wildfire box and had a color scheme picked out but am not too sure about it. I wasn't in the mood for painting a black and red army, and thought the Comic book bad guy theme of yellow green would fit them. But I'm having second thoughts. It look decent on the old seed soldiers test models, but looks off on the newer NOX models.

Suggestion and feedback are appreciated. I tend to do a lot of dark colors and earth tones. And wanted something more colorful, but this looks off to me. It may just be me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jherazob, Golem2God and Koin-Koin like this.
  2. maru

maru Well-Known Member

i would go for greens and blues or other funny coours mixes - official is black and Read aka "Edge Lords "
    but i got photos of 2 shawasti from old time and i would gow with new same
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    or just go nuts with OSL and crzy thinggs and get a Hellowen themed CA :P
    [​IMG]

Section9, Oni, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

First off, I like how you made a comparison pic of the old and new Shas. It helps showcase the differences in their design changes plus help those of us on the fence get a good look at the newer sculpts.

As for the color scheme, how about look at poison frogs? They are colorful and deadly which could be exactly what you are looking for. If you'd like I'll post a few different species of colorful frogs so you can get an idea of what colors you might like.

Section9 and jherazob like this.
  4. Golem2God

[​IMG]
    Here is a small chart of some of the colors they come in. If you would like some actual pictures of them in the wild I foundt a couple that I could post here in a moments notice.

volgo, jherazob and Abydog like this.
  5. Redfaint

Redfaint Well-Known Member

I plan my Army something like this

Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt2.PNG

volgo, jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  6. Cannon Fodder

I put a bit more effort into the yellow/green theme and it's getting better. I was putting too much faith in the contract paints. I added some nuil oil on some of the green panels and the different shaded makes it work better.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  7. Golem2God

@Redfaint That does look similar to a blue+black poison frog. I think the first one would great but it is always best to see how the scheme looks in person first.
    @Cannon Fodder Can you post a pic showing the changes? I'm curious as to how well Nuil Oil enhanced the model.

8. Redfaint

i think that the shas are suprised "nacked". In my interpretationens the Arms and the Belly are all Skin, that's why it has to be the same color as the head (in my opinion)

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Golem2God

That does make sense. I can see it working out on a well painted model. @Cannon Fodder seems to have followed your logic judging by his two above pics.

10. Redfaint

I just hope in the end my shas look not to bright. For the other Models i use grey for the clothes. Nox only have bare skin and armor.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

I don't think you will have to worry about that. Your colors shouldn't come out too bright with the shade you presented.

12. Cannon Fodder

You can see I darkened some of the panels on the back to give it more depth. While the contracts paints offer shading its not enough in some places.
    [​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  13. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

[​IMG]

'Nox' Troopers, Main Black (Contrast), Purple, and Yellow. 1st Scheme.

[​IMG]

Mentor

[​IMG]

So far the most satisfying. Caliban. Backward spider legs? were tinted with red.

Gwailo got his customized base of Nanoscreen.

[​IMG]

Details now being added.. since its kinda tiring after work, I think it will need some time finishing Gwailo.

Awesome minis, though.

Jumara, unclesrouge, Section9 and 7 others like this.
  14. Cannon Fodder

@ObviousGray I love your Nanoscreens. I picked up some clear resin and molds, and was going to try and have a clear shield with and air brushed stencil on it. I'm having doubts if it will work. Where did you get yours?

In case anyones interested My remote is done using the Basilicanum Grey contrast paint, compared to @ObviousGray Black Templar.

Golem2God likes this.
  15. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

It's personally ordered from 3D printer-man from our country. Name's Artee.

16. Cannon Fodder

Mostly done with my Shasvasti. I really wasn't happy with the remotes and just reprimed them The green worked better but after taking a photo of them I see the shading needs work. I figured the Speculo killer would look terrible in green so just went with the CB colors. I still haven't decided on the bases yet.

71524229_2692290644148450_5095770176041779200_o.jpg

Section9, Oni, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation