1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Which is why Sun Tze's got Strategos and Advanced Command and YJ has a pair of really beastly NCOs for the Daoying to fuel when it's not using the orders on itself to provide supportive hacks. The command-focused abilities in this game do a good job of adding versatility to Lt. order expenditure.

East of Irem likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Lieutenant is pretty far down the food chain. Either rock bottom or close to rock bottom while still being an officer (depending on army structure in question)

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

At the scale we're talking about (like half a platoon), it seems unlikely there'd be higher-ranking people on the field.

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The “lieutenant” in an Infinity force isn’t necessarily someone of that rank; that’s simply the common term used, like calling the commander “Six” in many parts of the US military. An Infinity “lieutenant” could be an NCO, warrant, or commissioned officer.

-Ghost- and Dragonstriker like this.
  5. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

So, what ShangJi are supposed to be, but aren’t really anymore.

6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Yes, and this is dumb. It's dumb because it's confusing, it's dumb when Colonol Voronin is the lieutenant, it's dumb if all the armies of the sphere are doing it. Lieutenant should be changed to leader in N4 so we can keep the acronym.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  7. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

No problem. Dont have the fulff around the dragon avatar have anything to do with the emperor. It can have mysterious superstition around it. It can be seen as a manistestation of the peoples (yu jingenese) will to become #1 in the sphere. But know one really knows where it comes from.

Whatever works. I would like an competitive avatar. That way there is one more style of play for yu jing. We are the jack of all trades faction as it is.

8. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Another new profile I would like is a new Yu Ching only REM.

6-4 Multi Sniper with g:remote presense, mimitisem, climbing plus and MMLX with a .5 swc cost.

#68 Azuset, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Hmm, as far as what little of the fluff I know, sounds like what you're after is the Guijia Squadrons. They're literally sourced from the best of the best, headhunted for the project at a very early age.

Meaning, it mostly sounds like you're after a great set of tech on the Guijia :(

10. Ephrilune

Ephrilune Well-Known Member

I think the SWC are highly unlikely, as MSR costs always 1.5 even on line troopers, though I am not against the general idea, but maybe give it something other then MMLX, because it sounds to similar to Lunah.

What I also would like to see is a more iconic Spec-Ops for IA, Zhanshi are ok, but as Deva are a thing for Spec-Ops maybe give us a Haidao, as a Zuyong would probably be to much.
    Also maybe they could find somthing better as Garuda, Dakini and Sophotect for IS.

11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I dont know a lot about the lore. I have the two book paradisio and deadalus falls for the campaign rules. I have only ready through about half of the lore from paradisao.

I as just looking for another way to play yu jing that sounds fun.

Do the Guijas transform in this squadron? If so that would be bad ass. Our current one does not. A transforming avatar representing duality, yu chings theme, sounds brilliant to me.

#71 Azuset, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  12. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Lunah does not have climbing plus. Take a look at REMs, Say Ru shi or a dakini HMG. They are half the SWC on REM platforms. 1 swc for a spitfire and HMG.

I dont think its out of the question for the swc cost.

Plus if we start thinking that Yu Ching is going to be a engineering arch type stuff like this would fit the lore imo.

13. Ephrilune

Ephrilune Well-Known Member

I do and the Dakini pay 1.5 SWC for a MSR. A discount for HMG and Spitfire is normal depending on the troupe wielding it, but for MSR it does not seem to work that way.
    Yes and if climbing plus is the only difference, then it is not really worth making this unit.

14. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

You trying to make me cry?

15. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Of course. That’s what @Dragonstriker does. It’s his MO. :grinning:

Dragonstriker likes this.
  16. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

A friend who used to play in N1/N2 said that Shang Ji were the only HI who could move 4-4; everything else was 4-2. It'd be neat if in N4 Shang Ji could be 6-4. Even with no other changes I think those extra 2 inches of movement would make a huge difference in how I value them.

I think no smoke and few marker state models in IA is a deliberate choice so I don't think Hulang would get either in N4, but I would like to see them getting something like White Noise grenades or a form of Albedo. That would really carve out a niche for them in YJ that isn't really filled by anything.

Someone earlier mentioned Kanren. I think they're in pretty good shape but suffer for lack of any other FD2 models other than Hulang or other Kanren to holoproject. I think they'll gain more power as more non-marker forward deploying units get introduced to Yu Jing.

Azuset likes this.
  17. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

As a player since the early days of the game I can tell you that's not exactly true.
    Shang Ji was the only HI in the game that was ARM 4 BTS -6 with movement 4-4. The only one.

During N1
    There were Suryats who were MOV 4-4 but with ARM 4 BTS -3
    The normal HIs ( Mobile Brigada, Jannisairs, Orcs, Invincibles, Wuming) were MOV 4-2 ARM 4 BTS -3
    And the elite ones (Hospitaliers, Hsien) were MOV 4-2 ARM 4 BTS -6

The Human Sphere expansion featured the Shang Ji and a good number of a new kind of HI that were MOV 4-4 but ARM 3. Players denominated them "light HIs"

So amongst those light HIs:
    Domaru, Haramaki, Magisters, Guarda de Assalto were all MOV 4-4 ARM 3 BTS -3
    Teutons, Joan 2.0, Karakuri and Crane agents were MOV 4-4 ARM 3 BTS -6

Therefore, as you can see, the Shang Ji were unique because they were normal HI with attributes of elite (ARM 4 BTS -6) but MOV 4-4 .

Then came N3 which made all HIs MOV 4-4, which was a bummer for the Shang Ji but YuJing players were hoping HSN3 would make something to give Shang Ji back their uniqueness and you know the rest…

ObviousGray, Berjiz, Solodice and 5 others like this.
  18. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

That's a really cool history lesson, thank you!

Are there any rules from N1/2 you hope might return in N4?

19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I think a lot of us would love to see the Cascuda make a return.

WiT? likes this.
  20. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Argh - no! But you all already guess, that it should read "worth". Edit this error already ... :innocent:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation