1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to make some interior / asteroid theming for the next campaign

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by EccentricOwl, Aug 6, 2019.

1. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey all.

I have a lot of buildings, but I haven't really spent the time and energy to make a single consistent board.

Right now my stuff is split between Middle Eastern buildings for Haqqislam and a lot of generic sci-fi stuff in various colors (blues for PanO, yellows and reds for Yu Jing, whites and grays for universal and ALEPH.)

Trying to think about what I can do to properly make some terrain for the upcoming OTT campaign - best to get it started sooner rather than later!

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions for depicting Human Edge. We can't just do a Star Wars planet and call it a day with all the focus on asteroids and space stations.

2. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Can you do a split map that goes from desert into a city?

Like 25% to 50% of the board being desert outskirts. Then the rest a city scape?

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Depending on the size of the asteroid, you can simply use your existing Haqq terrain as representing the inside of a Caravansary. Some great big open area hollowed out of a 5km long asteroid.

EccentricOwl, jherazob and chromedog like this.
  4. Section9

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  5. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Draw some lines on a big rock! You could also write in big letters "Tac Rock" on it!

EccentricOwl and jherazob like this.
  6. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That's a pretty good idea. Do you have any recommendations for a game mat to represent the indoors?

7. Section9

Really depends on how you see the inside of the rock. The anime Outlaw Star had pretty huge open areas inside various stations, but also had some asteroids that were very hallway-maze. I don't think any of them had open rock, so any of the starter set game mats would work well.

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The Expanse (TV show) has some major scenes set inside hollowed out asteroids.

Ceres, looks just like any other town - complete with artificial video "sky". It even has tunnels, and rock tunnels (so did Eros) - which are the original mining tunnels left over.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation