1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So will this be an even grimmer year for tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Sora9785, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I understand that, it is difficult to design NEW models.
    But why the fuck they just cannot fill gaps in the lineup using the already 3D sculpted models they have?

Give us an Ectros Vulkan now that you have Neema.
    Give us a FO Kotail.
    Give us the SMG Kerail.
    Give us the HMG Sukeul.
    Give us the Boarding Shotgun Clipsos.

CB could keep the faction alive releasing those models, and those doesn't need new designs, just reposing of already designed 3D sculpted models.

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

So much this, I would happily gobble these low hanging artichokes.

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  3. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Ectros Vulkan.... mmmm, mmmm ,mmmmm, i like it!

Cothel, Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I still have hopes that Tohaa's, erm, "popularity per sculpt" (not entirely pants on head notion if you consider it's one of the possible manufacturer's effort-to-output criteria) is roughly the same as for most of other factions. Currently it has a decent sectorial's worth of minis and it is played as much if not more than other sectorials. That's not bad.

Granted, this data comes from competitive events and not real sales (on which we have no info), and Tohaa faction feels attractive to competitive players for its reliability. Still, I can't say whether competitive folks are even remotely a bulk of CB's customer base.

Though being honest (and very, very subjective), I wouldn't be surprised if some people in CB's creative staff has issues with Tohaa. I mean, you managed to get a job in a company known for its futuristic and occasionally gritty military-style designs, its setting full of fantasy counterparts of different colourful cultures assailed by dark and menacingly looking aliens... And end up sculpting humanoid artichokes adorned in enough belt straps to make Tetsuya Nomura uncomfortable and accompanied by James P. Sullivan expies... Yeah.

Abrilete, borings and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  5. Romulas

Romulas Active Member

:)
    a few guys locally have picked up the Tohaa, but after a year of playing nothing but i'm go back to what won me the Tohaa starter, Nomads...gonna miss the k1 tag shredding (for a little while, i'll drop 'em on the table to keep my hand in). also have my eye on MAF (love the Morat don't care rule...)

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there are this many people in the thread who's first faction was Tohaa, arriving late on the INFINITY scene and being pretty far from the basic premise of cyberpunk anime in spaaaace. Whilst it is painful to have them as your primary faction, the current state they are in is extremely convenient for a sideshow. Maybe a just little too slow seeing as I too am about to pick up MAF. From CB's perspective that's probably working as intended.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Tohaa was first released at the end of 2nd Edition, alongside the Campaign: Paradiso expansion book. According to @Pierzasty's amazing releases spreadsheet, the starter box came out September 2012. Most of those models were hand-sculpted, with the exception of the Gorgos and the various Chaksas. They started consistently getting digital sculpts in early 2014, with the Clipsos and Nikoul. (Original Neema was hand-sculpted, and I'm too lazy to dig out my Aelis Keesan and verify which style she is.)

Other than a little scale creep, the Tohaa didn't terribly significantly change style between the hand and digital sculpting, unlike some of the older factions. For example, the old and new Morat Vanguard Infantry look almost nothing alike. I'm not sure what you mean by "well-finished", however. They seem to be of pretty high quality to me, although they are a rather distinct aesthetic from much of the rest of the game. If you're comparing a slightly older hand-sculpted model against a newer digital model, you will certainly find more minor inconsistencies and imperfections in the former.

sarf, DeadlyOcean, chaos11 and 3 others like this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Good clarifications, and the spreadsheet link is great, thanks Toad'!

9. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

I can't believe you didn't mention the sakiel's box... :scream:

10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Because the Sakiel are not 3D sculpted.

11. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

Ok guys i have to tell you the truth now.
    Enough. You always have seen nice things coming for yujing.
    Now sakiel box coming
    2 new units coming too.
    Sakiel combi with 2 symbiobugs
    Sakiel viral pistol with eraser!

I am really excited..

12. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

That's a blatant lie based on misperception.
    Actually PanO and Nomads have been far more regular in the rate and quality of releases than YuJing. But yeah, this year we can expect to see a ton of YJ again.

13. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

A blatant lie can't be based on misperception.

Either Perseus is deceptive, or he is mistaken and/or read things wrong (English is not his first language) and came to an errant conclusion. But not both.

If you are going to insult a stranger on the public space, make sure you don't make a fool of yourself in the process.

borings, Alkasyn and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  14. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

I am just teasing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It's probably worth noting that English isn't @Janzerker's first language either, so maybe we should all just go a little easy on the calling each other out, eh?

chaos11, ijw and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  16. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

We are all friends united under the three, lets enjoy the game and destroy ca without mercy

Abrilete, Cothel and toadchild like this.
  17. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

... wait a minute, I was enquiring about Tohaa because I ... have a friend who may be a Morats player; what's all this about destroying CA without mercy?

18. Magonus

Magonus Well-Known Member

Combined Army is the one army the Tohaa doesn't think they can beat, and Tohaa is the race that has given the Combined Army the most trouble, so they are in for a haul.

Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  19. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Well, if we kill all humans before CA sepsitorizes every single one, EI will have less expansion options.

DeadlyOcean and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You might want to check in with the Tohaa who are now on the other side of things - you don't get sepsitorized and the quality of life's not actually any worse. The EI has no interest in harming the general populace, so long as they're willing to be a productive part of something larger than themselves.

borings and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation