1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faction Teams

Discussion in 'General' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 5, 2019.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

So, one of the main reasons I wanted a "General" Forum was so I could talk about teams made up of mixed groups of characters.

For example, I quite like the idea of a Yu Jing faction based team:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here we have a team which is going to make great use of Smoke, while ignoring that Smoke themselves almost entirely. They also have some strong synergistic plays, with Mizu-Do from Mushashi helping Bixie and Gravitational Slingshot being very effective on Mushashi. There is also the strong positive impact which Taowu gets the instant he has a Team mate putting Smoke down before he acts, and the added protection which Smoke offers Bixie for her Celestial Wind.

All in all a strong team with a lot of flexibility and a good mix of capabilities, weakest in State management and missing healing, but otherwise very effective for a wide range of Scenarios.

2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then either Mendoza
    [​IMG]
    or Parvati
    [​IMG]
    Dependent on whether I need state removal or healing more.

Makes a fairly solid (IMO) all-support comp (yes, I class Hippolyta as Support/DPS, not DPS/Support, sue me), which can handle a decent variety of missions and opposing lineups (though is unlikely to excel at any).

Obviously it has issues with durability, range (when not taking Parvati) and damage output, and i'd really like to try and squeeze some immobilization (or even Silence) in there, but I certainly could see a good enough player getting a lot of use out of it.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

Interesting build.

It actually occurred to me just before making this thread that we can do a great all-ALEPH team now:

ALEPH ALL-STARS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This team is obviously Support-heavy, but with Parvati and Hippolyta being two of the toughest Support Aristos with the best damage output for their type I think it'll still play well. It's got amazing initiative manipulation, and it'll be rare for an opponent to be making the choice of action order (barring Gata and/or Axl, both of whom can be managed well by Dart). Initiative buffing Dart is a particularly frightening prospect for any Aristo without top tier defense and health.

Between Hippolyta and Parvati it's got solid scoring potential, and Dart also serves well as a backup and skirmishing outfielder in that role too. Oberon allows you to ensure that your Draw comes when it's needed and will help to shut down opponents Displacement or Placement positioning shenanigans.

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Strictly speaking, Dart is not from ALEP at present time in Aristeia! She'll be an Optimate when she finishes her aristo career.

:speak_no_evil:

5. AdmiralJCJF

Well, yeah, and technically a Geist isn't an Aspect. Hell, even Parvati is really only equally as much a part of ALEPH as Mushashi.

But it's still a cool themed group, and you can justify the inclusion of Dart, even if you have to look to the future.

Speaking of cool themed groups:

THE NOMAD (K)NIGHTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a team which is going to close with two great close in fighters, both buffed, and then thrash three kinds of colours out of the debuffed opposition. It's state heavy, but should also be able to eliminate medium to light opposition without too much of a struggle. It may sometimes suffer from a lack of mobility, but hEXx3r should generally be able to mitigate that fairly well.

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It is, indeed.

About Nomad (K)nights:
    I would consider exchange Massacre for 8-Ball if you feel FBoss will do enough Damage.

:wink:

7. AdmiralJCJF

I think I'd lean towards swapping out 8-Ball for Final Boss. I would consider Massacre the real heavy hitter of that team.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation