1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 wishlisting

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Zewrath, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Civilized Barbarian

Civilized Barbarian Praxis' Lead R&D Janitor

As long as they get rid of nested skills they can do whatever they want.

CC mods also doesn't need to be split as I-Kohl, Martial Arts, Guard, Berserk, and NBW. Either make it all different levels of one skill or make it two skills, one for buffs and one for debuffs.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  2. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

One thing I would like to see is fury link teams/mates stop being a win-win. They already get a great discount and on top of that slapping them into a link team nullifies why they are cheap in the first place (not being able to gain partial cover mods). Either there needs to be a point readjustment or some limitation still needs to carry over into the link team like not being able to claim partial cover mods. So those teams are still cheap but at the same they have a downside to them.

Savnock, H1ghlander, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  3. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Simpler army building. It's not too difficult in Vanilla to try to balance SWC and point, but in some of the sectorials, once you add the 1-2 link team options, and optimized, and then try to balance SWC and points, you can end up very restricted in your ability to create lists.

SWC also doesn't seem to be uniformly applied in all cases, often resulting in a sort of "fudge" factor.

Luckily they've removed some of the sillier restrictions, like the confrere knights in MO.

Might be interesting to see an end to dual movement values. It does add something to the game, but I'm not sure what it adds balances the additional complexity it adds.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a self-reinforcing prophecy isn't it? Low sales numbers due to few players due to few releases due to low sales.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Can #nocritN4 be a hashtag campaign?

AngryPanda, Geodron, GHoooSTS and 2 others like this.
  6. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Tariq "The Man" Mansuri has vetoed this proposal.

ObviousGray likes this.
  7. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It *can*... I doubt it would get much traction with CB, though...

8. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Honestly I would drop FRENZY from the game. It is unfair advantage to linkable models and is also hard to keep track sometimes during the game. I literally always forget my frenzy model is impetuous after making the kill and I run frenzy models in every list I play.

Savnock, H1ghlander, Berjiz and 5 others like this.
  9. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Or maybe just make frenzy a straight can never take cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

10. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Since Infinity boils down to a resource (orders) game, how about a SWC cost for large unit counts. Maybe 4 units per 100 pt game with a 0.5 SWC cost for an additional 2 units.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Or make it so it triggers immediately on inflicting that first wound or structure, and still applies while in fireteams.

Elric of Grans and meikyoushisui like this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Didn’t Frenzy used to trigger instantly? For some reason I remember they did.

13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You know I don't remember.

14. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

This is a good point, the order spam is usually better than few order lists. To solve it you can limit the cheap orders OR getting some buffs to the LI lists or the heavy units. For example, a new ability that make that a unit contribute with as many orders to his combat group as the number of remaining woulds/str points (leave that new ability outside of the ultraoptimized HI or its better profiles, but give that to line HI and some bad TAGs), this would also give an advantage to real 2 W troops versus these NWI+Bioimmunity... There could be a ton of creative approach to solve this. I'm really curious about how they are going to handle it in the new edition.

I'm also against a taking away the +3 bonuses as they are important to enable LI, but it would be nice to restrict these to the most dangerous models... a new ability that make some units not being able to benefice from 5 team bonuses for example.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If you really think Fireteams needs to be nerfed to the ground, then have the bonuses be derived from the number of Fireteam models who would have been able to declare an order. You've only got that single Sniper looking up? Guess you're getting no fireteam bonuses because the rest of the fireteam aren't able to provide any support.

A slightly milder approach would be to force Fireteams to handle Fireteam Leader during AROs as well. Want to ARO with a Fireteam model? Assign Fireteam Leader to the model who declares the order and if it is BS Attack, no one else gets to shoot (and likewise, if you lose the ARO, your team breaks)

Not that I think Fireteam bonuses needs to be reduced, tbh, we see a pretty good representation of vanilla and there are solutions readily available to make Fireteams less useful - namely template weapons. Missiles and rockets mainly.
    If we had more Markers with missiles and rockets we'd see a dramatic decline in Fireteams, and I'm already of the low-key opinion that playing IA with paintrains to be generally the wrong approach - so... I do actually think Fireteams are in a fairly good spot in terms of balance.

Pen-dragon, Savnock, GHoooSTS and 3 others like this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I think fireteams are fine as they are and I don’t see them as the source of Infinity’s problems. Jammers being a BS attack, which then spawns a myriad of questions, like cover, MOD’s etc. Seems to be a much bigger issue plaguing the game, as well as nested skills like Morat.

Savnock and Berjiz like this.
  17. Marc C

Marc C Cardboard Hero

I stop playing INFINITY is 2.5 years ago after being a very active Warcor. N4 should be a single rule book with everything between two covers. Which implies a massive streamlining of the myriad of skills, hacking programs and equipment. It's possible to make this game more accessible without loosing its soul or dumb it down. When players run 3 apps at the same time to play a wargame something is wrong.

18. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Dont think FT bonuses are an issue. Vanilla nomad and CA everywhere in tournament show that they aren't OP.

No hard book is really what I wish. Please CB, make a PDF that you can modify if needed.

Savnock and Sedral like this.
  19. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

Here's a thought for fireteams - what about having the bonuses recieved be unit specific?

For example, Interventors currently don't care about three and five man bonuses, but you could instead change it to:

3 man bonus: Interventor treat fireteam members as repeaters

4 man bonus: SSL2 as usual

5 man bonus: Interventor gains +2 BTS and +1 WIP

This would also allow you to include big scary models in fireteams (like the Kamau sniper) without having to worry about them becoming too optimised, while still letting line troopers gain those big boosts that let them perform well.

I've know that people wouldn't be jazzed about having different rules for each profile, so instead you could come up with a couple of "fireteam specialties", and all profiles with fireteam options would be given one. For example, Aquila FTOs and Kamau could be given a "leader" specialty to reflect their fluff, the previous bonuses mentioned for interventors could be an "infowar" specialty, and 112s and daktari (and any other linkable doctors I've forgotten) could get a "healer" specialty.

20. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Many of this was mentioned already, but here's my wishlist:

• Rebalancing all armies: Duh. Each faction and sectorial should be brought to the same level regarding options, fireteams, new weapons and skills, etc. Obviously each should keep their flavour and identity - we don't want them to be carbon copies of each other - but be equally fun to play and balanced against others. When point formula changes all units should be equally affected.
    • Reworking problematic units: Each faction has its own problem children. Those should be brought up to par, or - in few cases - downgraded a bit. Teutons, Shang Ji, Ghazi, Posthumans, Singh...
    • Recalculating global costs: CC, ARM, SMGs, KHDs, Jammers, Mimetism - these are the most obvious offenders, but there are other things that are obviously under- or overpriced.
    • Changing crits mechanics: The most obvious solution would be to make them auto-win, but not auto-wound. This way that high ARM values on HIs and TAGs would be worth its cost.
    • No nested skills: It's a no-brainer, it should be obvious from the amount of people mentioning this. This will both make the game easier to learn and remember, and will give CB greater degree of fine control when balancing units. iFor example it'll be possible to create a unit with Martial Arts but without Stealth, and so on.
    • Streamlining CC: I'm actually fine with different skills having different tables, but I'd like each choice to be relevant under certain circumstances. Right now if trooper can use MA3 the lower levels are gathering dust. Each should be equally useful, but in different combat situations. It's possible to add more unique effects at each tier.
    • Reworking hacking: In similar way to CC, some hacking options are obviously better than others. Each of them should be equally useful, just against different targets. Same goes for hacking devices - each should have it's own signature traits, just like KHD, WHD, or EVO. Also, defensive hacking should be a thing. Also, more Supportware, including programs to buff HIs and TAGs
    • Fixing Fatality L2: Increasing number of crits isn't the way to go. Just make it increase weapon damage more, and split it between TAG types. Small, S6 TAGs (and maybe S5 HIs) - Fatality L1. S7 MBTAGs - Fatality L2.
    • Give HIs proper weapons: Less of this "elite troops in power armour armed with a standard infantry rifle" stuff. Most of the time such unit will never be taken.
    • Cleaning up fireteams: Mixed fireteams are great, but also a mess. In some sectorials number and complication level of various options is ridiculous.
    • Stop dealing out NWI+Immunity with a shovel: It makes actual HIs less appealing. Or at least give those HIs some advantages the other units don't have.
    • Fixing Total Immunity: Honestly, I think the current iteration is a bit much.

Deathwig, Ravrohan, roobot and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation