1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... N4 Hunh?

Discussion in 'News' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

So, that's a thing.

What do YOU want changed?

Me?

1: DIE NESTED SKILLS DIE!!!

2: Simplify CC Skills

3: Condense Weapons

4: No Auto-Wound On Crits

emperor26, Wolf, Yog.0 and 4 others like this.
  2. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Condense weapons and hacking programs. People only alternate between like 3 anyway. I've also never seen a DHD or WHD being used.
    Probably also some niche skills in there that could be removed at the cost of flavour and nothing else. But I'd like to see terrain rules being improved/mandated instead of those rules being cut.

Not sure I agree on removing auto-wound on crits though. Crits should kill but I undrestand why people hate their randomness, especially on the receiving end. The alternative is that we have a whole new section added to the weapon table where we get a seperate critical effect for every weapon which may be more bloat. Isn't that how the infinity RPG is doing it? Crits have a specific effect based on weapon and not autowound?

xagroth, Superfluid, Ogid and 3 others like this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

The RPG basically treats a "Crit" as a double value success.

And the combat dice special effects are triggered by d6s, so it's very different.

I don't think that comparison is useful.

Crits instantly killing loses me as many new players as the rest of the system pulls in.

Guardian likes this.
  4. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

How about a crit wins the ftf and ignores all arm/bts so arm 0 or 1 units arent affected as much cause they are already easy to dispatch, but HI and tags will get hit harder. But the model that was crit still gets a save, just a worse one.

5. AdmiralJCJF

So Armour becomes even worse as a waste of points?

There is a reason everyone loves Multi wound units with low Armour.

6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The scheme he suggested wouldn't devalue armor any.

NorthernNomad likes this.
  7. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

@AdmiralJCJF mostly covered it. N4 should b ae massive streamlining. The core rules are solid, but there's a lot of excessive rules bloat. Hacking trees, CC trees, etc...

My two unusual fantasies, however, are a bit out there.

1) Reduce mod effectiveness. - 2 and - 4 instead of - 3 and - 6, or (even better) only - 3. This hopefully encourages players to face less - 12 useless rolls.

2) Offer clear / firm table building guidelines and rules. So much of this game relies on terrain and it's really hard to handle balance when tables and local battles can change so much.

Pen-dragon, Superfluid, Ogid and 2 others like this.
  8. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

How do you want the weapons condensed? I rather like the spread we got. if anything i would prefer them to instead dole out alot of the new ones to older profiles that would use them but they weren't out yet.

I think that Hacking needs a complete overhaul, so that all the devices have a use. [Looking at you DHD and WHD]

9. Ravrohan

Ravrohan Well-Known Member

I'd like to see hacking less offensive and more utilitarian/supportive. Somewhat related, I'd like to see TAGS somewhat less prone to being hacked.

And this.

-Ghost- and Superfluid like this.
  10. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

I'd like the minelayer skill to be prohibited from placing a mine with any enemy in the trigger area, not just enemy markers.

If I recall this was how it was in N2, and it gave the person deploying first a little advantage in dictating how the mines went down. (Or we were playing it wrong in my area)

11. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I want tags to be better supported and for them to sort out this formula gaming they are doing, making heavy infantry a complete downside compared with 4-4 mi nwi+shock immune. Plus some specific profiles that could us a hand.

Superfluid and Hecaton like this.
  12. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

Guided ammunition
    Fatality lvl2
    Simbio armour (better for HI and TAG worse for LI)
    Proper rebalance
    Paratrooper LTs
    The anaconda

Superfluid likes this.
  13. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Infinity hasn't been a game about killing enemy, so heavy tags haven't had much of a use. I'd like them to get more utilitarian kit to give them a wider scope. Sensor/satlock and ECM to help against hacking attacks and forward observers rather than just against guided ammo (which also needs looking at)

14. AdmiralJCJF

A good example of condensing weapons is the Red Fury and Molotok.

These should BOTH be the same weapon, with different ammo loadouts.

Do that a few times and you can kull out quite a few things.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, Defensive hacking programmes should be able to be used as an ARO to defend units within your hacking radius in addition to their reset (so DHD and WHD should be an added layer of anti-hacking protection).

HellLois, Shoitaan, Plex and 6 others like this.
  15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Make indirect fire (FO + smart artillery) actually useful. Ariadna gun batteries demand their share of glory.

-Ghost- likes this.
  16. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I'd like to see less whining on the forums about the sky falling again.

But I also know that if I crap in one hand and wish in the other, which one will fill up first. And that the forums will still rival a pratt&whitney engine factory

17. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

- Streamline the rules, but don't completely change them.
    - Rework the points formula, so things like SMGs, 1W+NWI+Shock Immune are not needed anymore.
    - Think about the place of HI and TAGs. TAGs should have something you can't get anywhere else. Give every faction a TAG.
    - Reorder weapons charts (Ammunition as subsection of weapon)
    - Remove Fatality L2

I might add I'm quite happy to have N4 on the horizon. Things like rules bloat and powercreep now look more like a testbaloon and we only have to live with it until next year, which is totally ok for me.

18. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Fireteam redo- make them less about mods and more about order efficiency and special orders. At the very least only give modifiers when multiple members can see the target.
    Not just 3 based modifiers. We have a great flexible die why are we basically making it a a d6 when it comes to modifiers? Some minus 1 or plus 2 stuff going o .

19. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I just want the most important example (and principle) in the game--moving up to a corner to get line of sight and then moving back, and shooting and getting shot at the corner--to not be buried in the Move rules. :ghost:

20. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

On the topic of TAGs, why not turn the useless ECM skill into something that protects against hacking? Comparatively, TAGs will encounter hackers far more than guided ammunition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation