1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeta LI lists

Discussion in 'O-12' started by wildchevy, Aug 4, 2019.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In three weeks there's going to be a LI tournament and I'm thinking about taking O-12. Still trying to figure which units fit which roles and learn all the profiles. Missions are very TAG centric so I'm trying to build my list around the Zeta. Thinking I will need units for TAG support, anti TAG, objective grabbers, and tarpit units.

Missions-
    Show of Force
    Deadly Dance
    The Grid

2. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Are we bound to the box set? How limited is proxying?

This uses the majority of the box set. Cheers.

O-12
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    ZETA Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon + Heavy Riotstopper / AP CC Weapon. (2 | 93)
    [​IMG] ZETBOT Flash Pulse / Electric Pulse. (0 | 0)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    DELTA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    KAPPA Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    KAPPA Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 12)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    EPSILON MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    SIRIUS (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

3. wildchevy

Warcor

Proxy where I can. I'll be using the Szal for Zeta since I don't see that on the next list of releases.

4. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Well, if you aren't worried about using only the contents of the box and don't have an issue with proxying I would try something like this...

O-12

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    ALPHA (Chain of Command) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    KAPPA Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZETA Lieutenant Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon + Heavy Riotstopper / AP CC Weapon. (3 | 93)
    BETATROOPER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    PEELER HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    RAZOR (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    SIRIUS (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

ZlaKhon likes this.
  5. wildchevy

Warcor

Here's the first list that I was able to craft so far.

LDW9WW8Z

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    ALPHA Lieutenant (Strategos L2) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    MILLICENT Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    ZETA Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon + Heavy Riotstopper / AP CC Weapon. (2 | 93)
    SIRIUS Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Submachine Gun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    DEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    KAPPA (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (WIP:15, Doctor, Engineer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

6. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Why not upgrade the Varangian to its 13 point version for dual chain-colts? You got the points.

For that matter @-Ghost- can upgrade his lone Kappa into a 12 point Varangian.

wildchevy and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd call a Varangian Guard an "upgrade" to a Kappa unless you need redundant smoke and in an army list without Epsilon they're sidegrades at best.

8. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Do you know the full mission list?

9. wildchevy

Warcor

10. Death

Death Well-Known Member

The Varangian is more useful for perimeter defense which is what you want in a cheerleader. The Kappa is likely to just die on the opponents turn if targeted. And yes, why would you not want redundant smoke? Varangian are going to die so taking more than one seems a good idea.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

For ranges under 16" (which should be possible to engineer) or against MSV2 models a Kappa is better at delaying actions because they can actually use cover.
    12+ points isn't exactly good value to throw away, I'd value LT doubles against that as well.
    It is simply put not as easy a choise as you make it sound, and you should probably consider the situation and tool you need higher than any rule of thumb for upgrading a non-existant Epsilon.

12. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Was trying to put out a LT. decoy in case the O-12 player doesn't get first turn. Otherwise, would have been a VG.
    Ayyyy.

Mahtamori likes this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd try this.

O-12

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    ZETA Lieutenant Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon + Heavy Riotstopper / AP CC Weapon. (3 | 93)
    ALPHA (Chain of Command) 2 Light Shotguns, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 29)
    LAMBDA Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    LAMBDA Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    LYNX MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    BETATROOPER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I think putting the LT order on the Zeta is more useful than having a Strategos L2 LT that is more vulnerable. If your Alpha dies the LoL is crippling but if the Zeta dies with a CoC guy that still works. Also I think this list has a lot of firepower! HMC, HMG, Multi Sniper... it covers all the bases really. No FO but I don't think that's a big deal. I'd take this for some scenarios, not others.

-Ghost- likes this.
  14. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Any joy with the Zeta in LI or otherwise then team?

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

In LI it definitely wants to go first. I've struggled going second, because you just end up being order starved if you lose a few models, or if you deploy totally conservatively your opponent can take dominant table positions and bottle you up too easily. Going first though, you can really put the opponent on the back foot.

Have had rather more success going first and second with a 15 model list, in part because the Zeta was off to the side in the second combat group with all the 8pt REMs. Getting a dedicated 6 orders each turn to rampage, while the main combat group did the mission, worked super well.

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Going first is generally a strong advantage in most games, but I'll grant you the lack of disposable AROs is probably an issue. On the other hand, I'm not sure what I'd be doing to resolve that. EVO hacker and loads of flashbots?

17. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

sure, but not in limited insertion, there's not really any room.

18. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I think Cho makes Zeta LI lists way more viable, that cheap CoC means you can get really good use out of the Zeta LT profile

Mahtamori likes this.
  19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I was thinking that myself.

20. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Zeta List
    [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    BETATROOPER Spitfire, 2 Nanopulser + 1 TinBot A / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 42)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    CYBERGHOSTS Hacker(Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26)
    RAZOR (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Solar, Leviathan, xammy and 1 other person like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation