1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, CB, WTF is up with that Nahab and the copy-paste poses?!

Discussion in 'News' started by Nuada Airgetlam, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Not really. I grew up with 2 childhood friends who have high grade Aspergers and Infantile autism, I had to help them communicate in Ventrilo with our guild, when we did raids in WoW. Due to the nature of my hobby and my 2 childhood friends, the overwhelming majority of my close friends ether have something on the spectrum or just the usual quirks that befits nerdy people.
    When we told each other that “you’re sperging out”, it just translated into “you’re being a spastic, you’re clearly reading the situation wrong, disengage”.
    It sounds blunt but it’s usually preferable as subtle hints or sarcastic statements are DOA. You’re literally the first person “on the spectrum” I’ve ever come across who’s being a snowflake about it.

In case you didn’t get the memo, it’s fair you have a critical opinion but your ridiculous language makes it hard to take you seriously and you’re being absurd in your hostile language. It doesn’t help your case nor does it make your criticisms appear valid.

Also, I don’t respect people who feel the need to call people sad neckbeards and then proceeds to act like princess when someone use the term sperg, and then proceeds to act like a snowflake about it, presuming I hate people on the spectrum. Kek.

Belgrim, Yog.0, KaiAgni and 3 others like this.
  2. Confusion

Confusion Well-Known Member

As far as copy-paste poses go, if the difference between two poses isn't large enough, they're going to look the same. So effectively, there are only so many ways to arrange a human's limbs and body that don't look weird and unnatural.

That Nahab definitely looks weird and unnatural.

I think the Soldiers of Fortune are a bad example for what you're talking about, though. Laxmee has some pretty apparent sexypose going on. Valkyrie, not so much, but she's just the Gencon bundle mini with different weapons.

TLDR; Compared to the OP I have more of a problem with "waifu poses", less of a problem with re-used poses.

*note: I actually really like the Namurr, though.

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

My issue with Namurr is about being a mirror copy of Frontovik. It's just the limited catalogue of poses. The SOF models are insanely dynamic, interact with the "tactboxes" naturally. I interpret Laxmee as running past that block of concrete and avoiding it mid-stride rather than striking a sexy static pose?

4. Confusion

Okay, Nuada Airgetlam should probably have dialed it back a few notches in the OP, given.

But then saying "your ridiculous language makes it hard to take you seriously" in the same post where you use "princess", "snowflake", and sign off with "kek"?

If you're gonna troll, maybe be more subtle? (Or better yet, just don't waste your time and let the thread die.)

oldGregg, KaiAgni, chaos11 and 5 others like this.
  5. Confusion

Maybe. It's hard to tell without more angles to look at. But really, a plausible sexy pose is still a sexy pose. Which is okay occassionally, I just have a problem with all the poses that have been awkwardly altered to look more sexy.

#25 Confusion, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    bladerunner_35 likes this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Urgh, are you one of those boomers who don’t know the meaning of “troll”?
    Trolling is not being rude nor is it disagreeing with people.

Yes, his language is ridiculous. Saying people should “stfu” and just go ballistic because of metal miniatures, sprinkled with hyperbole is quite ridiculous and I don’t see how the usage of those words, in the context above derides my statement in any way shape or form (okay, maybe “kek” but what ever).

Anyways, Nuada is a big boi, he can handle himself and I’ve seem him do so several times on this forum just fine, no need to white knight for him.

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I'm gonna be the first guy to admit that exactly because of being an Aspie I've got a problem with dialing in the "tone" in written language of my own communication. Which is doubly hilarious as I'm a successful translator and editor - I've got no issue dialing in other people's tones. My own keeps coming across as way more intense than intended.

OTOH, there's been a tendency online for the longest time to read peoples' tone in the worst light possible and then attack them on that basis. Thus, anyone who cares is in hysterics, anyone who emotes is a drama queen, etc. - hence my "sperging" here, I guess.

@Zewrath
    I'm going to address you only this single time on this matter. If you really had actual Aspie FRIENDS you actually cared for, you'd recognize the same patterns in my tone and act to soothe, not to aggravate me. Your own language comes across as vitriolic, cynical, bitter and generally not a person that's any pleasant to be around. I do not believe in your story, it's the same as with all the "I can't be racist 'cause I have black friends!" or "I can't be a homophobe, my best friend is gay!" bullshit. I do not wish to communicate with you on the topic any more, as I do not believe you have anything close to good intentions.

oldGregg and bladerunner_35 like this.
  8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Nuada Airgetlam are you one of those self-diagnosed fellas? You sound like one of those obnoxious types, those who also loudly declare their diagnosis constantly. :joy:
    No, none of my assburgers prefers what ever the fuck it is you’re suggesting because they don’t like to be patronised like dumb infants, so it’s not about ‘I know black people’ analogy. Turn down on your virtue signaling.
    It’s strange to me, because in your ongoing quest to lecture to me about Aspergers, you seem to know little to nothing about it.

Also, I love the irony of how you’re really digging to make me sound cynical and bitter, while only succeeding in sounding cynical bitter yourself. Projection 101. :joy:
    Peace out.

Belgrim, silmaranth and KaiAgni like this.
  9. vorthain

vorthain Veteran Novice

Nahab design is also lacking. Forehead thing is weird, vests are weird. Will def be using some hassassin to rep them. RTF models have been pretty weak and definitely dampened my interest.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  10. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

Zewrath, you are really cringey

11. Confusion

Yeah, that tendency is pretty harmful, especially when you combine it with the people who'll disingenuously provoke others to make them more emotional.

I thought you came off very aggressive at the start of the thread, but I understood your points. I didn't intend any kind of personal indictment against you.

That statement was really more for Zewrath. I thought starting with a point of common ground would soften the admonishment at the end of the post. In hindsight, I didn't convey the tone I intended there, myself.

Geodron and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  12. mameluke

mameluke Active Member

Also, battleheels... cmon it's 2019!

oldGregg, bladerunner_35 and Teleute like this.
  13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

He's this mad already and he hasn't even realized that the foxtrot he hates is a pose clone of Scylla

chromedog, Zewrath, csjarrat and 2 others like this.
  14. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

And here I thought the reason for the guijia pilot pose was she was nervous having just gotten out of her mecha and is just running around unarmored in her plug suit to push a button. Probably because her friend who's job it was to press that button just got smoked. I liked the story it told, like the old zouave sniper checking over his shoulder.

BlackCadian, LoganGarnett and Hecaton like this.
  15. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

And she left her flamer in the tag like a klutz

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Belgrim, oldGregg, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  17. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

My first thought when I saw the headband lol
    [​IMG]

Abrilete and Confusion like this.
  18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am severely disappointed about the evolution of the thread and I stop it here.

Belgrim, Yog.0, Mroowkojad and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation