1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone should say what we all want to say about Yu Jing...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Anonymous, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and JSA.

For them to be a single faction once again.

From a gameplay perspective both armies suffered quite a lot in this separation, specially the flak and burn Vanilla Yu Jing players must have felt when the Uprising decided to cull 90% of Yu Jing's List Building and metagame for a whole year until Invincibles came out.

I know this is quite a huge can of worms to open and several things have actually made me consider this thread can have any relevance:

1. It's probably common practice in every faction's forum, but both the Yu Jing forum and the JSA forum are filled with Wishlist threads or rework/re-balance threads for their troops, I believe this to be the case in both forums and community of players due to the fact that at some point they were designed to be part of the same army from a gameplay standpoint.

2. In the Book Daedalus' Fall, Page 210, on the examples for Military Specialty "Intelligence" level 1, it reads roughly as follows*: A Yu Jing player must declare he has troops than can perfom hidden deployment on his list, but he does not have to reveal how many of said troops he has, and is in no way forced to disclose the private information of said troops example: He is not forced to say he has a Ninja, Ninja Hacker or ONIWABAN.
    Also he is not forced to declare where he intends to deploy these troops.
    *Roughly translated as I have the book in Spanish with me.

3. Last but not least, in the Infinity Army Builder when we go to the Spec-ops creation profile in Yu Jing we have the option to spend 2 experience points for a Cube, for our Zhanshi or Celestial Guard Spec-Ops, both troops already have cubes, and we used to have this option for Keisotsu Spec-Ops.

My Opinion on this matter is my own, I have merely assumed that most of the players would agree with me, and I extend the following discussion or rather opening post to the Corvus Belli Staff merely as a suggestion.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

With all the afford CB invest in the Uprising including the fluff around it, I do not think, that they will merge YJ & JSA again. People who love to play JSA before do not suffer much from the Uprising, their army get more flexible. IF they used to play vanilla with a lot of JSA troops, yes, then they may have something to complain. Though it will not help much.

The error appearing in the DF book is not a hint at all. It is only a copy paste error from the old text, sadly CB does this all the time. The Paradiso part contains some more errors and the redo has a look and feel of beeing done in a little haste. If there was a someone proof reading, then it was a person that is not much into the theme aka the fluff.

In narrative play mode the campaign should use the army options for YJ before the uprising ;-)

The cube for the YJ Spec Op look like another left over error.

Hopfully we´ll see some units for YJ that will compensate a little bit for the loss of JSA units. For example we have no bikes now.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What I'd like from JSA is for Hulang to be good and sufficient replacement for Onis. Otherwise that book is closed.

Dragonstriker and Weathercock like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I want my goddamn Oniwabans back but it's probably not happening.

Zewrath likes this.
  5. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

In the mine dispenser fluff text they mention Thai mafia bikers. Maybe we'll see them when White Banner comes out.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind them being good and sufficient replacements for Shikami, but replacing Oniwaban would be better.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

If its Thai Mafia, then it should be Tuc Tucs :laughing: - but good point, I think I read this over.

chromedog likes this.
  8. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

As much as my feelings on IA itself as a sectorial are mixed, for the most part, what it added ended up empowering vanilla YJ in most of the places that it felt lacking after the JSA split. On a whole, while we could really stand to lose the CC tax on some of our units and there are a few abandoned profiles (Guijia, Shang Shi, and Bao Troopers most notably), vanilla YJ is actually in a pretty good spot now.

This, however, needs to happen. The Hulang is a mess right now.

JSA has gotten the worse end of things, but that's more to do with being left behind by power creep as the edition developed, not within its core design. The biggest problem for JSA is that not only have the newer factions gotten notably more potent, but the ways in which they've done so also happen to be very good either countering JSA's schtick, or doing it better than them. That, and JSA's more primitive fireteam compositions are its biggest flaws that need adjustment. But rejoining Yu Jing isn't going to provide those fixes for them.

As a sectorial, JSA is still very tightly designed. It mostly just needs some retooling.

Knauf, Alphz and Ogid like this.
  9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Let the past die.

Also, this.

10. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Well-Known Member

Kill it if you have to.

By which I mean drown them in glorious HI, make 'em regret ever splitting off.

Section9, Maksimas, Kalendo and 2 others like this.
  11. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Maybe they were going to give one to Krit Kokram but swapped it for an Automedikit when they realised he might get used if they did.

Hecaton, Solodice and Dragonstriker like this.
  12. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

From a fluff point of view, I doubt YJ would want to take JSA back anyway, even if they came hat-in-hand. They've proven a constant thorn in YJ's side, and their far-right wing nutjob mentality and caste system just doesn't really gel with YJ's vision as a society. While YJ may have lost some important land and R&D for in the process of the uprising, they're likely now healthier as a state for it.

13. SpectralOwl

Yep. The Emperor's probably more likely to order Japan sunk with torpedoes than let them back into the empire, at least in the case of those whiny noble classes. From what I remember the working classes and scholars fitted into YJ quite well until the Tatenokai gave the whole race a bad name. Honestly at this point all the Party has to do is wait a few years for New Japan to bury itself in debt again to buy all that land back; they pay for the whole of NA2 during online campaigns, are in deep debt to everyone who helped during the Uprising (including several economic superpowers) and are still fighting a costly war on Shentang to try and conquer Kuraimori or whatever it's called. They're probably also toting a credit rating in the deep negatives, what with having everyone they owe money to openly murdered by rebel ninja.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The big problem is that the Uprising proved that the intention of Yu Jing, where each national identity could still exist and yet be part of something greater than the sum of the parts (for an idea, read pre-Civil War US thoughts, where individual states actually tried people for treason!), was a lie or a failure.

But yeah, if I were the Party, I'd just let the Japanese drown in debt this time, it probably won't take even a single generation to happen. The Kuge are utterly incompetent at actually running a nation, Yu Jing is better off with them the hell out of the country!

Hecaton likes this.
  15. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

N4 in 2020.

16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

YJ needs a new identity as a faction, though.

I'd suggest "Engineer Plus."

17. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Gongcheng engineer+ SMG and emauler 15pts

18. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I like "the HI faction", they could start by making the new invincibles actual HI instead of hackable MI. I'm hoping of whatever tweaks N4 bring to the formula, that the IA we wanted is one of them.

Hecaton, Knauf and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

N4. Called it!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation