1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Lurks In The Shadows - A Shasvastii Tactica (N3, Out-of-Date)

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by WarHound, Apr 7, 2019.

1. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

Obviously.

But in terms of risk when landing, having 3 markers go down instead of 1 miniature makes the odds of survival a little better, should the drop fail and the Cadmus needs to come on from a board edge situation.

2. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Am I missing something, or are Seed Soldiers still S0 in camo state? I can't find anything that says otherwise.

If so, it's too bad. You still have to make sure to tell your opponent which markers are S0 and which are S2.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

You can disguise them by deploying them prone. This makes them indistinguishable from any other prone camo marker on a 25mm base. It also has the mixed-upside of making them hatch prone, which you might like and might dislike.

deltakilo, Bohrdog, BLOODGOD and 2 others like this.
  4. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

Are you sure this is legit ?
    Seems weird to have a s0 going prone to become s0
    But if so it make seed soldiers playable.

It s really not understandable why cb accept mine to be s0 with a s2 camo and seed soldier s0 and not s2 when in camo state. There s no logic in it ....

Jumara and Reece like this.
  5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I believe the rationale is because mines can't "go prone". If they were S0 to start, every single mine would be called out for what it is. Troopers change their silhouette value when going prone, camo'd troopers can go prone, and the silhouette value of a camo'd trooper is open information. All of this means that if we want to be able to play min(e)d games, the rules as they are work. It, however, forces our troopers to not be prone (an interesting trade-off, IMO).

6. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

7. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

RobertShepherd likes this.
  8. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So I’ve been thought experimenting with the Cadmus profile, because I think they have a lot of potential.
    I think it was on the White Noise podcast episode “protect your embryos” where the guest said something along the lines of “how could you not love a mine that fires twice” while referring to seed soldiers. And I thought “what about a mine that fires twice and also has AD and has decoy so the opponent won’t know which is the mine?”
    Consider the following: Shas has turn 1. In the first time, you drop 2-4 Cadmus behind cover/around corners as shown below before doing whatever else you want to do turn 1. In the opponent’s next turn, he/she will have to consider everyone one of these as a possible mine and due to the placement, needs to spend orders clearing them out or risk a chest mine going of. And as they round a corner to shoot or dodge a decoy, the Noctifers with ML start appearing
    [​IMG]

ZlaKhon, bloodw4ke and Reece like this.
  9. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

Fun and maybe even effective! Let's call this strategy the "Cad-mess"

WarHound and smog like this.
  10. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

11. Redfaint

Redfaint Well-Known Member

What your opinion aboute this List. Shoud i swicht one Shrouded with a Cadmus? Or one taigha and the Nox hacker for the Cadmus?

I
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    CALIBAN (Multispectral Visor L1) Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    SPECULO KILLER (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    MALIGNOS Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, Dazer, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    SEED-SOLDIER (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    NOX Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, Zapper / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    MENTOR Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / AP + Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

vicen85 likes this.
  12. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

problem is :
    Combined Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    CALIBAN (Multispectral Visor L1) Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 40)
    SPECULO KILLER Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 34)
    MALIGNOS Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, Dazer, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    NOX Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Zapper / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    MENTOR Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You can do your liste in vanilla CA :) It means you don't exploit sectorial advantages : no fireteam and no use of different avabilities ..and maybe you can had some good cheap things from vanilla you don't have acces in SEF

BLOODGOD likes this.
  13. HeckMeiser

HeckMeiser Well-Known Member

I'm confused about the section on jayth cutthroats saying that BTS 6 and shock immunity make them especially resilient to shock weapons. Wouldn't they be taking saves on their ARM 0, or am I missing something?

14. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, good spot. Got confused there and thought they had Bioimmunity.

I'll update now.

15. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I just realized a good use for seed soldiers. Deploy them behind scatter terrain in the midfield. In your turn 2, in the order count phase, you can elect to “hatch” / cancel seed embryo state and apply the Developed Form troop profile.

If the seed wasn’t deployed in prone state, that means it now turns from a S0 model to a S2 model, and is now looking over whatever scatter terrain that was hiding it. You have spent zero orders creating a new ARO piece armed with a D.E.P. without risking any AROs yourself

Azuset likes this.
  16. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I'm totally shocked by the lack of love from the Nimbus Plus grenades on the Nox... forcing people to dodge at -6 from the various direct template weapons in the army (zappers, chain rifles, chain colts, pulzars...), is a HUGE deal. Let alone in vanilla where people will be dodging Sepsitors at -6.

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think maybe because doing the nimbus and then hitting something with a template is very situational. Most of the time you are going to want to use it like smoke and hit an area of the table. Also, it’s better in a link.

18. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Any time i take a Nox link, its got that LGL in it. The nimbus is too useful to ignore, especially combined with calibans or jayths to give them pseudo-smoke and better defense against AROs.

paraelix, TheDiceAbide and Azuset like this.
  19. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I mean, there are tons of DTW in Shasvastii, and all of Combined for that matter. You don't even need to really position it between the attacker and defender, as long as your model is touching it, you're affected by it. It's fantastic to use with Ikadrons as well, -6 to dodge against double flamethrower hits.

20. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

-1 burst on nimbus, don't forget.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation