1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why did you pick the Combined Army over the other factions?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Indominus Rex, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Saw a SEF army (Sheskin & Co.) at work (as opponent) and realized I want to be the bad guy.

2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Old Shas gave me strong Grey/Sectoid vibes, which I liked. Plus the meme camo shell game playstyle was pretty unique outside Ariadna.

Hecaton, WarHound and Stiopa like this.
  3. horridperson

horridperson New Member

I love the look of the MAF. They look vicious and hard as nails. Aesthetically they drew me in. I've always been more of a painter/modeller than a gamer and Infinity is pretty crunchy and intimidating so I found the very direct approach of the MAF better suited to my skill deficit. I was totally sold once I read the army lore. I'm a Star Trek fan as well, enjoy the Klingons and saw parallels. No angry fan boy alarms here. There are few original ideas in sci fi and seeing someone evolve an idea is awesome. The Morats strike me as part Klingon while their relationship with the EI is a bit Jem Hadar/Dominion. While the elements are there CB took the ideas, made them their own and seamlessly integrated them into their own universe. Awesome stuff.

Golem2God and Indominus Rex like this.
  4. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Best advice. Much truth. Very great.

Golem2God and Indominus Rex like this.
  5. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

For me, it's always aesthetics first. The Anathematic and all of the badass looking TAGs, the Umbra, Sygmaa and the Oznats really drew me in. On the table i love having access to all the toys along with our unique ones, like my beloved sepsitor.
    I really enjoy their fluff and the enlightened genocide they exercise. PanO was my go-to faction before, but i've converted heart and soul to the Combined Army...even though i'm taking an NA2 break with Druze...

Golem2God, WarHound and Indominus Rex like this.
  6. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I don't actually play the faction (or any faction), but I like the CA because of the Morat. Big angry space oni that basically follow the strongest. It's funny to think that if humanity gives them a big enough beating, they'd switch side against the rest of the CA!

7. DrGofer

DrGofer Member

At first I choose TOHAA, but my friend was first and he ordered his first minis.
    I did not wanted to play mirror matches, and in my area, there was no "The Bad Guys" player as far as I knew.
    So I joined dark force :D

#27 DrGofer, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation