1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its quiet here...

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by tschmitt, Jul 11, 2019.

1. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

I am hoping Wild Bill will be in Ariadna and that it is a sign USARF is getting a refresh.

2. Kraken1130

Kraken1130 Well-Known Member

While I'm not so into the over saturation of named characters (mercs especially), I'm not gonna lie - Wild Bill has me really excited. Amazing model, and I'm thinking he will be as close to John Wick we get.

asdepicas likes this.
  3. asdepicas

asdepicas Active Member

John wick? Arent you forgetting about someone?
    reignoffire1.jpg

Oni likes this.
  4. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

My reply came across snarkier than I intended, I guess. :disappointed: I just wanted to point out that I consider this board to be the least toxic and most helpful of the faction forum by far, especially because the posters here actually try to help and never descend into endless butthurt exchanges unlike on certain other forums (*cough* YuJing *cough*). But yes, the strong points of Ariadna are its "self-building" lists, easy backup plans, and generaly easy mechanics. You have basically everything covered once you understand how Warbands, Camo and Smoke work.

I will admit that USAriadna is in a rough spot now and my last comment was from the perspective of a Vanilla and CHA player who gave up on USAriadna, depsite owning the entire roster. Most profiles are barebones and focussed on one specific duty but it shows that they are far less optimized than most of the newer sectorials. For me they are the last of the old guard and I'd love to see a rework.

My wishlist to make them competitive would be something like this:

- Foxtrot FO with a BSG or SMG and a general Minelayer profile with a Rifle or a BSG
    - Shock Immunity, Wildcard and a better CoC loadout like a AP Rifle + X-Visor or MSV 1 for the Unknown Ranger
    - Shock Immunity for Van Zant
    - NWI for the Minutemen

Right now I only run a very limited selection of USAriadnan troops in Vanilla: HFT Grunts (with Infiltration if I have the SWC to spare), Foxtrot FOs and Hardcases. That is not enough for me, because I really like the look and feel of the sectorial.

#24 Commoner1, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    RasPuto, Bellyflop and tschmitt like this.
  5. tschmitt

tschmitt Active Member

Infiltrating Grunts! That is a profile I need to use in my Vanilla lists. Thank you for reminding me about it.

RasPuto and Commoner1 like this.
  6. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

It sucks because those are great units. I think Desperadoes and Blackjacks could make their way into a Vanilla list too. Problem is, you can pay a few more points and get the better Russian version or about the same and get a variant that does the same job (French/Scots).

RasPuto likes this.
  7. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Van zant is always a good shout in vanilla, plenty of AD options to camouflage him as and plenty of cheap orders to fuel him with

RasPuto likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation