1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaksa Longarms

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

The ONLY profile which is quite okay is the 19 pt one but we have auxiliars and makauls for quite less points. I hope CB will give them something like ODD, Hyper Dynamics or just ~ 7 points cheaper

2. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

These are good ideas or just fireteam triad. They are one wound profiles with bad bs and no mimetism so sukeul ml would still be stronger but also more expensive. They would make an ok aro piece or with the autogun ok attack piece

Golem2God likes this.
  3. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I still want to try a Haris with just 3 of the Double Pulzar versions for that sweet Burst 3 Pulzar. I am not saying it would be a sound strategy, but it could be fun for a few games.

ev0k, Metal730, Cothel and 2 others like this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Trying out weird/unusual things like that is what make games fun.

ev0k, nehemiah, Cothel and 1 other person like this.
  5. Metal730

Metal730 Well-Known Member
    Warcor

For the life of me I just can't figure out where all the points are coming from, how did they make them so expensive!

I will eventually get around to trying them out. Nimbus makes the triple pulzar interesting. It's just very order intense to set it up when I could just have a triad shoot normally. If dazers become super prevalent their multi terrain could also have uses.

I'm hesitant to talk bad about a unit before I try it out but I'm not sure why they designed them the way they did, they don't feel very Tohaa to me unfortunately.

Scactha, Cothel and Golem2God like this.
  6. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Maybe they are created for a future exalted sectorial were you can do "2 Chaksa aux. + 1 Chaksa longarms *special haris" dunno, and also i don't know if i would play them if they could link with 2 chaksas... lol

BUT! There are new Tohaa patches, and one of them is the Chaksa Longarms, ...catch 'em all!

7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

CC16, PH12, ARM3, Religious Troop... many expensive extras that wouldn't matter if they could shoot well. But they don't.

Metal730, meikyoushisui and Golem2God like this.
  8. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

Isn't religious troop a points discount skill?

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Probably not, because then the pricing would make even less sense.
    Although I might be wrong, I don't know the points formulae.

If they had at least Mimetism (just one or two points more)...

wendigo likes this.
  10. East of Irem

East of Irem Well-Known Member

There would be overlap with the sukiel if it got mimetism. I think they should make a neurocinetic hmg(?) longarm (or just port it over from aux). Decent PH, armour and religious might make sense in an ARO piece?

I would theorise that longarms could only be played outside their link options, links don't solve all problems and the competition for *link member* is very strong in those factions with longarms ava.

borings likes this.
  11. D6Damager

D6Damager Well-Known Member

Here's a secret: CB want to get rid of Tohaa....

Longarms probably won't even get a model at this rate (just like the Taqeul). They can point to low sales and squat vanilla Tohaa in N4 leaving the sub par Spiral Corp in its place. Then as more people play the new powercreep of O12, Dashat, and Foreign Company they can point to sales and SKU space again and get rid of more existing sectorials while creating new hybrid sectorials where players buy models from different vanilla factions and are therefore tempted to start another faction since they already own some models and it's not a complete army swap as the meta changes.

But that's just me being an optimist....

Golem2God likes this.
  12. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Metal730

Warcor

I like a tinfoil hat as much as the next person but what you're wearing is more like a tinfoil suit driving a tinfoil hybrid.

I'd hate to see you as a pessimist :joy:

14. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

uh, wha.... did you really just call Spiral sub-par?

Ignoring all the"CB is out to get Tohaa like the Wicked Witch of the West and Dorothy".... I mean, that hasn't been my experience at all with Spiral.

15. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

My favorite part is citing ForCo as a sign of power creep.

16. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

While I don't agree guys maybe not the best attitude to have to be rude to the guy. Hes entitled to his opinion as well.

I think a big boon to the Chaksa would be to let them link with other Chaksa. An Autocannon with a pair of baggage chaksa for support sounds like a pretty nice little unit to me.

Golem2God, Metal730 and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  17. Metal730

Warcor

Fair enough.

Linking with baggage chaksa would be too good though. There are already very good reasons to take them all, doubling down on those reasons to take chaksa limits listbuilding.

If they had a reex special triad I would be down though.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. D6Damager

D6Damager Well-Known Member

It was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but I'm not funny enough. lol!

Although I do really think Spiral Corp is slightly sub par (not just "plays different") to Vanilla Tohaa. Time will tell though if I'm wrong and I'm going to keep trying to play Spiral Corp as that is probably the only supported version of Tohaa from CB going forward for the foreseeable future.

Metal730 and Golem2God like this.
  19. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I mean, like 30 factions in the game are subpar compared to Tohaa, so it's not that hard to be worse than them. Spiral Corps is still in the top half of the game, IMO.

20. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

It's very hard to translate humour online - especially when so many of us have different native tongues. C'est la vie. :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation