1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerail Preceptors: Missing Parts?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by daszul, Jul 22, 2019.

1. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Just a quick question to those who already built them:
    Are the two tactical rocks for the beasts identical or did I get a mispack?

And just as by the way:
    Is it correct that the weapon mounts on their backs are a bit fiddly and leaving gaps?

Thanks!

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Mine were also identical, so I believe so. I was also very confused by this though, as one doesn't seem to fit in them at all...

3. Dreilide

Dreilide Well-Known Member

They are not supposed to be identical. One of them has a slot at the high point, and one has a slot more towards the middle, you should have different rocks. I believe you can send in the QC code and get a replacement.

*Edit*

I'm actually still assembling mine, I haven't checked the weapon fit yet!

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I assembled mine ages ago but I recall I had to do a lot of filing and filling to get a good fit on the weapons.

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I always knew I'd want to run them as two Surdas, so I just left the guns off and kept them for conversion use down the line.

Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  6. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

There should be two different rocks. But yes the weapon mount are not fitting to well. But i just used the model for a surda just like RobertShepherd mentioned. They are more usefull anyway.

7. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

8. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

Having assembled two sets of these guys now, I ended up having to secure all the weapon mounts with a large amount of green stuff and a liberal helping of super glue in order to create a large enough contact area to keep them attached. If there's a right way to do it that lets you skip this extra effort, I haven't figured it out.

9. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Leave the weapons in the box. After all, you'll almost never use the Mutan Symbiobeasts, only the Surda.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  10. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I agree about the Mutan. I've only ever used them in random lists, and I think the single or double Surdas are the clearly the better profiles.

That said, I think the weapons look really cool, and add to the appearance of the model. I would feel like I had to seal the gap on the saddles with green stuff in order to make it look right without the weapons, which doesn't seem like any less work to me.

I understand if you prefer WYSIWYG on your models. I do too, but Infinity has not been very accommodating in that regard, and I have given up trying. I have settled on fielding the correct unit models with whatever weapons they are modeled with.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation