1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense vs. coordinated orders.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Icchan, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

A hypothetical situation:
    I use a command token to move at least two troops, one in LoF an enemy trooper with Sixth Sense, one in ZoC of that same trooper.
    Enemy trooper declares delay because he has Sixth Sense.
    I declare BS Attack with both troops.
    He declares his ARO against my trooper that was out of ZoC but in LoF.

Allowed?

2. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

No, the trooper has to choose the target of the ARO and delay versus that one trooper. If he chooses the LoF one, he cannot delay; if he chooses the ZoC, he can delay but he can't charge the target of the ARO later (but he could still declare Dodge/Reset)

3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I do not believe this is correct. It's true for delaying against camo markers, but the delay from SSL2 is different.

4. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Delays against camo markers are specific to that camo marker, but sixth sense is indeed different. However, it does have this line:
    "In the Reactive Turn, Sixth Sense L1 allows its user to delay his ARO declaration until after the declaration of the second Short Skill of the enemy inside his Zone of Control."
    The second part of the sentence seems to indicate that the delay only works against the trooper that triggered the delay in the first place, so no delaying against a trooper in ZoC, then AROing against a trooper outside ZoC.

5. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

AROs must choose who is the target, even if you delay it. If that model ARO versus a model inside his ZoC, then it can delay; if it chooses an enemy outside it, the SSL2 is not doing anything for him.
    That line in SSL2 is assuming the unit inside the ZoC is the one against the model with SSL2 is reacting, but that's not our case.

6. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Delay is not an ARO.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think the camo marker thing is a good precedent. I would say that if you delay your ARO (via whatever rule), you can only then declare the ARO against a model that you could have held against. It's an extension of the use-it-or-lose-it principle that generally governs AROs.

8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

9. Sabin76

The way you wrote that is a little more lenient than the actual rules though. It sounds like what you are suggesting is that if multiple Camo Markers act (via Coordinated Order, for example) within LoF of a trooper, that trooper could delay against all of them. I'm not saying I would disagree with that change, however...

10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That was my recollection of how it works, but I'm certainly not infallible :wink:

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You are absolutely correct; you hold against a specific marker.

Coordinated Order example: Coordinating Marker troopers
    In her Active Turn, the PanOceanian player wants to coordinate 2 TO Camouflage Markers and 1 Orc Troop against the fearsome Raicho. The PanOceanian player spends a Command Token and a Regular Order, selects the Orc Troop as Spearhead, and declares the first Short Skill of her Coordinated Order: Move.

The Morat TAG can only declare its ARO against one of the three looming PanOceanian troopers, and chooses to react to one of the TO Camouflage Markers. Since he is reacting to a TO Camouflage Marker, the Raicho may delay its ARO, so it waits until the PanOceanian player declares the second Short Skill of her Order to see if the chosen TO Marker reveals itself before declaring ARO.

Sabin76 likes this.
  12. Sabin76

I see. I'm pretty sure you have to choose one to delay against, however. Then again I could be the one who's wrong here.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You are right. Posts crossed in the air.

Sabin76 likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As far as I've understood how delaying is intended to work is that you announce an ARO to delay, as in "I will delay declaring my ARO I gained against that trooper", and this is certainly the case for Markers. If Sixth Sense is meant to work by simply "I delay my ARO", then multiple trooper situations like in OP gets a bit weird...

toadchild likes this.
  15. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

So, wait for FAQ?

16. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

it isn't 100% clear, but all points towards you have to declare the target of your ARO as soon as you gain it; and then delay versus that one if you are allowed to. I'd play it like that until we get an oficial confirmation.
    In this case either you chooses the model in your ZoC and delay the ARO or you chooses the model outside your ZoC and you must expend it in that moment.

Icchan likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation