1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Players in Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'New Users' started by roobot, Jul 12, 2019.

1. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Hello! Me and a friend have returned to infinity after a decent break (end of N2) We are based in Belfast and were wondering if anyone knew what kind of an Infinity community there is in Northern Ireland! Thanks for any responses!

Shingen likes this.
  2. Shingen

Shingen Well-Known Member

Hi,

I’m in Dublin so can only help you to some extent (unless you decide to come down south at some point, then I’m happy to meet and play some games), but I think you may want to contact Killian, recently of the Beast of War crew, he was on one of the podcasts in November, if memory serves me, and was talking about Infinity in Belfast. I guess he’s known here as deep-green-x Hope this helps.

roobot likes this.
  3. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the reply! I used to play games with Killian back in the day actually! I'll fire him a message for sure! And I think me and my mate would definitely be up for travelling to Dublin for games now and again! Another guy we used play with, Mike Marchal lives down there now, but I don't think he plays anymore! Thanks again for the response!

Shingen likes this.
  4. Shingen

Happy to help mate.

Hope it works well for you.

And again, if you or any of your friends would like to pick up a game or get a demo in Dublin, I’d be glad to help, it feels bit lonely round here (Infinitywise of course).

roobot likes this.
  5. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Ha! I know exactly what you mean man! I have been listening to the White Noise podcast recently and all their talk of different metas makes me pine for the same thing! Got back in touch with Killian and we are going to get a game soon! I'd say the chances of a road trip to Dublin are definetly pretty good so hopefully I'll get a game with yourself one day! Is there any kind of a scene down there?

Shingen likes this.
  6. Shingen

Sounds great!

And yes, White Noise is notorious in making me envious as well.

As for the scene here in Dublin, you need to take it with pinch of salt as I only moved here last summer and don’t use Facebook (which apparently makes me both invisible and blind as well as deaf and mute…) but I only know some guys round here who own piles of Infinity minis and are not interested in actually playing the game. The shop I sometimes go to, had seen last game of Infinity which I didn’t participated in several years ago. Luckily last year a good player from Spain had some science business at Trinity and I had a gaming-buddy for a couple of months.

Anyway I keep painting minis and have 3d printed table-worth of terrain being ready for a great days of regular Infinity nights in Dublin (sometime later…).

7. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Ah having a regular gaming partner is great! I'm very lucky to have that with my buddy Phil! I am also like yourself in that I don't use Facebook at all! And that's really cool that you keep painting with a view to play in future, as it can be difficult to keep up motivation with such a limited meta! Dublin is only a train journey or road trip away and I have a few friends down there so keep me posted on any developments you have and I'll give you a shout if we ever have a wee tournament or big gaming night up here!

Shingen likes this.
  8. Shingen

I will obviously keep you posted mate!

And as the trains seam to operate both direction I’d happily join you for a small tournament of game day!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation