1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam's Finest: Ramah Taskforce Tactica and Hub

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Pride of Rodina, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

This may be a little off topic, but has anyone heard anything about when we should be seeing the nahab dossier? How do you guys thing they will represent airborne infiltration and/or regular infiltration on the model?

2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything myself but the unit icon gives me the impression that they will have compact looking wings. Something with a similar footprint to the Tiger Soldier but less Yu Jing looking.

3. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Running shoes. Apparently.

4. Kraken1130

Kraken1130 Well-Known Member

From the fluff regarding infiltration rules airborne deployment is mentioned, so I think compact wings or some sort of infiltration webbing would be appropriate for the Nahab. I think the infiltration/airborne infiltration piece is just when he was deployed thematically - either before the operation or during.

5. Havock

Havock Member

The OP is really out of date, maybe it's time for at least a new, condensed tactica topic sans the pre-release speculation?

6. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

It definitely is, but I don't know if anyone really has the experience and time to take that project on. I sure don't.

7. Havock

Havock Member

I don't think you need a large amount of experience with every troop profile to give a rundown on their abilities, other people can fill in blanks ;)

Koval likes this.
  8. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

We could probably make something communal happen; the Haqq community is generally pretty good.

Errhile likes this.
  9. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

I'd really like to see some Nahab concepts.

10. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

So I got my teeth kicked in pretty hard yesterday running RTF against Steel Phalanx. We were playing Limited Insertion supplies and my opponent ran two four-man Myrmidon links. One featured Phoenix (who I have really grown to hate) and the other featured Eudoros.

I ran a five man core (Tarik, Ghulam Doc+, NCO LGL, Khawarij Mk12, Ghulam), a Mukhtar Haris (Red Fury, Doc +, Haris Profile), the CoC Hortlak, and the KHD Nahab. In the first game, I deployed a little too aggressively and Phoenix put me in retreat before I could even take a turn. That error was on me. But the second game went much better. I took the first turn, dropped my Nahab in and killed two Myrms in Phoenix's link with my nanopulser. I secured one supply coffin and pulled back into cover. Then on his turn, Machaon got the Myrms up and Phoenix hunted me down badly.

Obviously, I need to get better at hiding my guys. But I also felt like RTF had a hard time with other elite factions. Myrmidons are better gunfighters than us, but also cheaper. So what should I do in response to this?

11. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

I've had no problems putting down the myrmidons with the red fury mukhtar. It's a pretty bad fight for them.

12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

You killed them then Machaon brought them up? This, o shaykh, doesn't add up.
    Unless, as I assume, you merely put them Unconscious, and I believe I don't have to explain the difference to a commander of your experience, effendi.

You put them on the ground - which is quite fine - but then you need to make sure they will stay on the ground.
    This is true about any model you make Unconscious, and twice so with those of G: Remote Presence (due to their two levels of Unconsiousness. This may also come to bite you in the rear in some scenarios if you're facing Shasvasti).

There are a few ways to achieve that:
    1. Use weapons that kill (with Shock or Viral Ammo). Though those are not everywhere, and Shock / Total Immunity is pretty much en vogue these days (apart from this not affecting several types of troops by design).
    2. Attack Unconscious models till they are Dead, fullstop. This is Order-intensive, but absolutely sures way of getting rid of them.
    3. Track down and kill enemy Engineers / Doctors / Paramedics. Doesn't help against models with Regeneration / Automedikit, and some armies' specialsits may be definitely hard to get, due to Hidden Deployment or AD.

Palomides likes this.
  13. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

This seems likely, given the use of a nanopulser. One solution would have been to use the nahab's SMG, but ODD may have made this impractical.

I'm curious about your comment regarding myrmidon being better gunfighter, given what you brought. The MSV on the mukhtar and khawarij generally tips that in their favor, and the shock on the red fury does a lot to shit down Machaon, as Errhile discussed.

Overall, though, you're right. There are plenty of sectorials that gunfight more efficiently than Ramah. But a lot of Ramah's gunfighters come with improved mobility. Myrmidons are a 4-4, but your haris is a 6-2. Ramah's biggest strength seems to be using mobility to take unfair fights.

Palomides likes this.
  14. Lazarus0909

Lazarus0909 Well-Known Member

Definitely want to push that mobility advantage. Realistically, you have simply great odds on the active turn hunting them down - you have great tools to get around and behind them, two very solid MSV2+smoke combos to push the hurt in the active turn, and of course lots of lovely fire (HRL Khawarij, Naffatuns) and Shotguns on almost every profile (+6 Shotgun vs. -6 ODD) if it all goes wrong.

It won't take many games for Phoenix to realize he doesn't much fancy a fight using 2 dice at 13s (10s if Muktar) vs. your 4-5 dice swinging back on 16s. And Agemas of course are just as vulnerable to high burst shooting or close range combatants as they always have been. Keep those guys ducking and that lets you buy some board control, complete objectives, gut their order pool etc.

Reactively a lot of it will be avoiding the fights you don't want to get involved in, so using mines (Tuareg, Maggie, Monstrucker) and flash pulse bots to chew through an order or 2, and then climbing plus, super jump, prone, re-camo, your own smoke etc to avoid getting chewed up.

More than happy to contribute to a Ramah tactica if folks are down.

15. KwarkyMats

KwarkyMats Well-Known Member

We're almost 4 months into Ramah and I'm wondering, has anyone had success with Zhayedans yet?
    Whenever I make lists, I feel hard-pressed including them. Especially now we have fantastic gunfighters like the Mukhtar around.
    Even Khawarij benefit from linking with cheaper troops, having uncommon skills and interesting weapon load outs.

If I were to pick Zhayedans, I'd only go with the breaker rifle as a solo piece or Haris configurations like these:

This Haris is primarily build around the Breaker Rifle profile to give it that extra burst. Leila tags along for longer range firepower and objective grabbing. The doctor is there to patch either of them up and any other troops you might have further up the board. The Boarding Shotgun should help against heavily armored troopers if you can't get a good shot with the breaker rifle.

ZHAYEDAN (Fireteam: Haris, Marksmanship L2) Breaker Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
    ZHAYEDAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)

This is one for ARO's. Before visual modifiers, you're always going to hit on 15's from 16 inch and up. The downside, it's nearly 100 points, which is a lot in an already expensive sectorial. On top of that, the game has been favoring aggression more and more. Strong pieces backed by cheaper troopers in a link team have no issues beating the ARO by the sheer amount of dice it can throw around. Smoke and MSV2 is also a good way to circumvent the snipers.

I'd probably still go for a cheaper solution. That would be to go for 3 Fanous and a Kameel, boosting their burst in the reactive phase. It's cheaper, provides repeater coverage and it doesn't hurt as much when you lose a flash pulse bot.

ZHAYEDAN (Fireteam: Haris, Marksmanship L2) Breaker Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
    ZHAYEDAN (Marksmanship L2) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    ZHAYEDAN (Marksmanship L2) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)

I'm still hoping they get a balance pass at some point. They're a bit too expensive for what they get. Automedkit feels pointless in a sectorial with 7 troops with doctor profiles. Marksmanship level 2 on all profiles would be fun (except maybe the Missile Launcher), but I can imagine a fully linked MML2 HMG being too oppressive. Although that already seems possible in Corregidor and Dashat (linked Spitfire remotes)

infyrana likes this.
  16. Kraken1130

I've had success running a Haris team with MML2 sniper and doctor because it operates sort of like a mini core team, giving a B2 BS15 (in good range) sniper on ARO duty covered by 2 good weapons to cover its weak points. I want to try the core team with missile launcher and sniper just to see what kind of fun I can have with Nimbus and a fully linked MML2 sniper rifle, but it isn't the most efficient use of points- as you pointed out, they're pretty pricey and the AutoMedkit while a cool and fluffy piece of equipment feels wasted on a faction with WIP17 doctors. Would be neat if AutoMedkit was automatic at the end of the turn or allowed you to spend the order the unconscious troop would have generated only to revive them, similar to AD only getting their order to walk on to the board.

infyrana likes this.
  17. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

I'll start putting together a framework for one.

This is the only Zhayedan team I've ever taken. It does so well against hard targets, and I took it to a 3-round event with Show of Force, because I dont own Maggie. I lost to an opponent who also didn't have a TAG the one game I played with it, so I dont really have useful data.

Has anyone tried a haris with breaker rifle/sniper/Leila? It's 83 points, and has every range band covered.

#777 Koval, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Errhile and infyrana like this.
  18. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Hey, guys! Had a long break after I ragequit from the game, and now, with the aquisition of Maggie and several successful games with her (both as an attack piece and an objective runner) I started wandering - how do links work with pilots? If the pilot leaves its TAG, is the pilot a part of the link, or does he count as a separate unit? Or maybe the TAG drops out of the link completely?
    Need to know that because I found running Maggie in duo with Rafiq (and in several months maybe even with a second Maggie) is extremely efficient.

19. Kraken1130

Hm. I wouldn't think it would be much different than, say, a member of a Tohaa triad team going from active to inactive symbio armor. It's not a perfect parallel but I can't think of another unit that shifts between profiles in a fireteam. The drone simply performs a move (if mounting/dismounting is a move, I don't remember correctly - if not it just idles) and Maggie pilot, still the link leader, steps out. That's how we've played it, anyways.

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

My guess would be that as long as the TAG remains operational, you are good (remeber that the pilot herself does not generate an Order).

But is it a very good question indeed.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation