1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operation Wildfire

Discussion in 'News' started by chaos11, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

2. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

So Cygnar arrived in the human sphere!

McNamara, Tourniquet and WarHound like this.
  3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Are we expecting this to be the video of the day or will there be another one with a preview of the rules etc.?

epsilon likes this.
  4. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Is that just based on the colour scheme? Because that's really the only part that resembles Cygnar to my eye.

toadchild, Xeurian and chromedog like this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Also the fact that they're the squeaky-clean protagonist moral license faction.

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's like ex-WM players taking up 40k ultramarines because they're also blue. They see anything blue as "cygnar".

7. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I'd say Cygnar are more like PanO - the most powerful of the nations/factions in the setting, and the most technologically advanced. Theres not really an O-12 analogue in Warmahordes (a central policing agency).

Xeurian, Berjiz and YTonic like this.
  8. harl3quin

harl3quin Well-Known Member

pics :)

Attached Files:

breaker_breaker likes this.
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I get the complaints that the Shas are a little too "Onyx", but I really like that new design.
    As for the O-12, just gimme!

I'm getting a Sammael from the (good) Hellboy vibe off the pre-release big beastie, and Valkyrie is awesome.
    The only thing I'm not really feeling is Hippolyta, maybe is the angle of the image (or maybe its being burned by too many "models charging with swords" that just don't look good).

xagroth and melkiach like this.
  10. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Hipolita? is Joane d'arc with Senator armour

Pen-dragon, xagroth and ev0k like this.
  11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The new Shasvastii still look too much Onix for me, I preferred when the Combined Army was less "unified". I also preferred the more reptilian look of the old Shasvastii.
    Still, now that we have a better look at the models, they look less Protoss-like that it appeared to be from the leaked blurred pictures.

ev0k likes this.
  12. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

I do love O-12 helmet design and that's about it. Both sets of O-12 and Shasvastii miniatures look somehow generic to me. They are nice but not I want to buy that box nice. Maybe I'm spoiled after so many operation boxes.

The exclusive minitures are not impresive either. Hyppolyta (?) is just terrible. Akward (at least from this angle) pose and fantasy like outfit. Valkyrie is not bad but she looks to me like posing for a selfie. Just swap that ax arm for one with a selfie stick ;)

KedzioR_vo, Ariwch and CabalTrainee like this.
  13. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Do we know who is the exclusive miniature guy ? He looks like a greek william wallace to me

CabalTrainee likes this.
  14. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

I really like all the minis! I think the Onyx look of Shasvastii results from the color choice which give the CA a very unified look. It would have been better if thay chose a more Alien color palette for the CA and especially the Shasvastii. Don't like the evil Sith red and black allover look on them.

BLOODGOD, xagroth and CabalTrainee like this.
  15. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

It is fun to me to see people so defensive instantly for a mild mannered joke.

Of course it is firstly based on the color scheme! But it is not about blue. It is about the whole colour scheme. Blue with gold helmets, gold knees and gold "thingy-on-top-of-pauldron" is the traditional Cygnar Knight. Aditionally the boxxy helmets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I for one actually like the o-12 models way more after these HQ pics. They looked way more generic in the LQ leak picture. But i can also take a joke.:face_with_rolling_eyes:

16. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

The models look great especially the Shasvastii but the O12 are a bit too recycled for my taste. Very familiar poses, like Asura Hacker, Zhayedan sniper..is that a mirror Liu Xing?. The sirius team lady is mirror Intruder sniper..
    Maybe I'm wrong, these are just a quick thoughts.

#476 Modock, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  17. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Hum, she's a gal. The mini is for Hippolyta.

I don't think the mini really looks good as an Infinity one. But it is nice if we look at it for Aristeia!

18. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

I'm .... somewhat underwhelmed. Not by the starter pack by itself, but by everything else. I like the new Seasvastii and O12 ( I almost wrote PanO. Maybe Blue wasn't the best color scheme for them xD ). But the exclusive preorder mini looks more like something for Aristeia while the cyber monster handler is a refit from Beyond Icestorm* (forgot what name the Nomadsniper had) and her cyber monster looks...rather dumb? I really hope for additional pictures on that one. I don't know. I'll definitely by the starter box. But O12'll get a different color.

* I don't mind refits, I just hate that particular pose.

19. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

You're looking at Intruder Sniper.

20. epsilon

epsilon Member

A little bit disappointed by hippolyta.
    The miniature itself is nice. But I expected to see a modern combat outfit not an aristea fantasy style.
    Everything other is fine.
    Poses are good, my opinion is that there is a limited number of poses which don't look silly or anime style.

I hope we'll get more information today at least some o12 stats, preferably ALL!!))

xagroth, ZlaKhon and Ayadan like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation