1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated FAQ Ruling on Forward Observe in fireteams

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Robock, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

quoting @Hecaton original post of a different thread.
    With the faq v1.7 that retracted that answer. How do we resolve the original question ? Starting with splicing it in 2. Here are my answers. They could be wrong.

1) Can the following stuff benefit form Fireteam burst ?
    Rule :
    Medikit : yes. Used remotely, it acts as a non-lethal BS weapon (even though it is not a BS Weapon, and even though it does not have the Non-Lethal trait).
    FO: yes. It is a form of an Attack with a BS Weapon.
    Discover: No. It only use Range MOD as if it was a BS Weapon, but is not a BS weapon for other cases like burst bonus. (It can still benefit from the +3WIP.)
    Deactivator: no. it is not a BS weapon. Even if the fact that it is an Equipment/Device is no longer a consideration by the FAQ, it still needs to be a BS weapon.
    Minesweeper: no, same reasons as Deactivator.

I think it is yes for some of them, because they were played as yes until the faq told us no. And that no was retracted.

2) Can the following stuff be used in Triangulated Fire ?
    Rule :
    • Allows the user to declare a BS Attack with one of his BS Weapons against a target
    While it works with BS Attack (which would include properly labeled skill like Deactivator and Minesweeper) it also require a BS Weapon.
    Medikit : no. It acts as a BS Weapon as said previously, but it is not a BS Attack short skill (nor a short skill with the BS Attack trait).
    FO: yes. It is a form of an Attack with a BS Weapon.
    Discover, Deactivator, Minesweeper: no, some are BS Attacks; but none are BS Weapon or considered BS Weapons.

*edited after ijw answer.

#1 Robock, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Ogid likes this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Note that Discover, Deactivator and Minesweeper don't mention being BS Weapons, so still won't get the Burst bonus and never did.

So MediKits and FO will benefit from the Fireteam Burst Bonus and can be used with Triangulated Fire.

3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

thank you. i've edited my post. so a No for most of them. Yes for Medikit/FO burst bonus. And Triangulated for FO only.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Medikits gaining B may not be a good thing...

BLOODGOD likes this.
  5. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Tell that to a Trauma-Doc! :face_with_head_bandage:

Section9, Hecaton, Arkhos94 and 2 others like this.
  6. ijw

I've been playing it that way from N3 coming out up until FAQ 1.6 stopped it. In terms of a single target it's pretty much a wash - the target is less likely to die but also less likely to be revived (unless it's an insanely high PH target like a Dog Warrior). It gets some use from trying to heal two targets at once, but in about forty games with a linked Rodok Paramedic I managed that exactly once, due to the rarity of having two Unconscious troopers that can be seen from the same space, that space not being covered by too many enemy AROs and actually having a linked Paramedic/Doctor in that area of the board...

7. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

it gives a good use for paramedic in fireteam other than button pushing. there was an old chart on when you should use the B or not. at least we have a faq now (1.7) that failed PH check cancel successfull PH check.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

From triangulated fire: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Sensor:_Triangulated_Fire is an Entire Order.

From Bonuses to Fireteams: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Bonuses

(sixth point in the Burst Support Bonus).

This would point to Triangulate Fire not getting the Burst bonus from Fireteams, regardless of the FAQ retiring the negative.

Also, http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Bonuses needs an update in the third FAQ entry (should now be slashed, I think) AND in http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/es/Bonos_de_Fireteam the first and third FAQ entry (the first at least, since it's slashed in the english version but not in the spanish version).

9. ijw

They get the Burst Bonus ... and ... they can be used with Triangulated Fire.

I wasn’t saying that Triangulated Fire gets the Burst Bonus.

And no, the wiki hasn’t been updated yet...

P.S. Sorry for not writing the first bit more clearly, to show that it was two separate things!

#9 ijw, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    xagroth and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation