1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player and experienced streamer.

Discussion in 'New Users' started by HexAppeal, Jul 5, 2019.

1. HexAppeal

HexAppeal Active Member

Hi all,

New here just picked up the game and love it! My name is Myk.

I am currently building back up my Blog and will hopefully soon be starting to stream games/record and YouTube.

I have streamed tabletop games previously such as GuildBall and Warmachine. Currently getting to grips with the game and getting some painting done. Then hopefully sharing some content.

2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Welcome. It'l be great to have some more content creators for the game. Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

HexAppeal and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Welcome to the Infinity universe!

There's a great community here, so if there's anything you want to know or need help with just ask.

It'll be awesome to see some more content online, I have a blog where I've been writing a bit on Aristeia! recently and one of our locals runs twitch.tv/knlghth00d which goes up on YouTube for Tempest Hexadome.

Where are you in the world?

Numazokola and HexAppeal like this.
  4. HexAppeal

HexAppeal Active Member

Been watching some of the Tempest Hexadome stuff already on YouTube.

I’m based in Sheffield UK.

Been building an overlay for the stream just need to source the victory points and frag token as a png then am good to go.

Only have the core box currently awaiting expansions and some custom meeple walls

Numazokola, AdmiralJCJF and Ramphus like this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

One of the thinks I like best about Aristeia! is that it plays just about as well right out of the box as it does with the expansions.

Maybe not from a competitive perspective, but as a game, certainly.

CAnon likes this.
  6. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

I'd say you can get pretty far (and indeed win) with just the Core box, given that the core characters tend to be the "purest" incarnations of their archetypes. No-one's a better Scorer than Gata (barring Bixie, situationally), no-one can 100 to 0 someone at range like Lunah (barring maybe Dart, if you build your entire comp especially to do so), and no-one is better at gatekeeping who gets to score or not than Hexxer (except maybe 8-ball, who is also Core).

My only concerns with them are that most tournaments tend to run Zlavin, and so you could easily miss out on the more common/popular picks (like Gata, Musashi, and Parvati).

7. AdmiralJCJF

It's funny, around here we don't see the attraction of Zlavin.

But it sure does seem to be popular, especially in Europe.

8. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly to make pick order more relevant.
    Because, sure, you might get "the best" character for the given scenario as first pick, but if your lineups are too similar then the opponent can use their two picks to take characters who you might be desiring for their synergies with your first pick (assuming they can stand on their own without that character in the scenario).

Plus, as you're aware you can be "locked out" of options and combos, it makes you consider not taking the most obvious or necessarily meta options, to increase your chances of getting those characters when you want.

As anecdotal evidence, i'm going to two tournaments over the next two months, and i've only taken a single core character in one of those two lineups (and he's 8-Ball, because there's two ziggurat missions) and no core in the other.

9. AdmiralJCJF

We like the Koorie Queen mod for that, and don't feel that the "locking out" mechanic is necessary.

And synergies are, generally speaking, flexible enough in Aristeia! that there are multiple options anyway.

10. HexAppeal

HexAppeal Active Member

Neary at a stage where I can start streaming :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. AdmiralJCJF

I look forward to seeing you online!

12. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Ive Iun tournaments in the north east and mid Atlantic and always zlavin, its the only way to play in my opinion.

It makes drafting an interesting and relevant part of the game.

13. HexAppeal

HexAppeal Active Member

Think it gets more interesting with the introduction of Nation Support.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. AdmiralJCJF

That might be enough to make me consider playing with Zlavin, but it still seems less interesting.

15. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Hey Myk, welcome to the game! Looking forward to seeing what you end up streaming for Aristeia.

Sheffield happens to be home to some very skilled and generally hilarious Infinity players, if you also play Infinity. Do you play that as well?

If you don't already know him, @Aspect Graviton is there and has some great tables, plays Morats appropriately brutally, and knows more than he should about dangerous high-end engineering. There's a club of other lads who play with him, and it seems like one of the more active local groups that I've heard of. Not sure what their Aristeia presence is like, but i bet there's a lot of overlap.

16. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Thanks for the kind words! I certainly do know Myk, and since you live in Nancy and play infinity you probably have a mutual aquaintance with the pair of us.

17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

That I do, heh. Should have figured, Sheffield can't be that big of a town.

18. HexAppeal

HexAppeal Active Member

I won some Infinity but haven’t played in years. With impending second child a I want a quick pick up put down game but with some complexity. Hence A! And yes I know @Aspect Graviton (unfortunately) ;)

#18 HexAppeal, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation