1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaksa Longarms

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I think fishmen (like the chaksa and the antipodes) were exalted by the Tohaa, so they are fluffy here.

Looking at Longarms, there’s nothing good about them. The hypothetical base profile (the one with Combi Rifle, that doesn’t exist) would cost 22 pts, for that it shoots worse than a fusilier. The actual weapons you would take cost 27 or 31 pts, for that you get BS11 and a wound.

It’s just pure bloat and uselessness.

2. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

3. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

So I tried to create a list with chaksa longarms as a core element.
    This is what I came up with:

Chaksa Longarms──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10
    CHAKSA LONGARM Missile Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    KOTAIL (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    KAAURI Sentinel Sniper / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 19)
    KIEL-SAAN Mk12, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 53)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    7 SWC | 296 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Or a list with even more Panzerfaust:
    Chaksa Longarms──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10
    KIEL-SAAN Mk12, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 53)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Breaker Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (+1 | 46)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KOSUIL Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    KOTAIL Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    7 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

The idea is to an insane aro presence if the enemy goes first you got:
    4 real chaksa missile launcher
    4 fake chaksa missile launcher (kotail and taagma)
    1 sniper
    2 Panzerfaust

In your active turn you still got the kotail, neema triad and kiel to act and coord order chaksa missile launcher to attack, these 4 should be able to kill almost anything with some coord orders and a bit of luck. Of course you should form the triad with taagma only in your turn if you go second.

Do I expect to loose if I play this list? Of course but it should be a glorious defeat.

Only question I got do Chaksa Longarms have Fireteam Duo?

#83 ChoTimberwolf, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Cothel likes this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Regarding the Duo question, I guess that the answer is NO because Tohaa is a Vanilla Faction and you need a specific EVO Supportware program to enable a Duo Fireteam in a Vanilla Faction.

And the list... few things for Active turn and fragile things in ARO. It might work if a couple of missiles hit, because they hit really hard and you can remove the oponent main attack pieces, but a BS 11, Burst 1 trooper will probably be removed in just one Order, despite the ARM 3. If you are lucky, the oponent will spend many Orders between the fakes and the real ones, but as you loose your real Chaksa you'll be left with few Orders for the next turns.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Yeah don't think they have duo in Tohaa but after the confirmation that we got the special triad with the reex...

Few things for active turn? Most of the list can be used active one way or another. The chaksas with coord orders. Kotail as kotail. Kiel also quite capable. Neema fireteam got some options too.
    But yeah this is more a joke/troll list to surprise the opponent with something completely unexpected.

I would say this list is okish bad against another LI list and completely horrible against a spam list

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I like these lists not because they are made to do well, but because they really mess with opponents. I don't care how bad a shot your missile launcher is, it's still scary and will force the use of orders. And when you do get that lucky hit off, it usually ruins your opponent's day.

Golem2God, Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  7. D6Damager

D6Damager Well-Known Member

It will only take one of the basic tactics in the game of smoke + MSV2 to completely wreck the 4x Longarm missile launcher list. You have no DTW cheerleaders or a link team to protect them from anything that can drop in, impersonate, or infiltrate into bad range bands for MLs.

8. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

They're just... Nope. They don't make sense, they can't be mixed in other triads ( would be sort of interesting in a tricore) and they are sooo expensive. I would have loved some high arm heavy weapon chaksa, with 2w ( not symbiont)in the range of 50-60 pts. A sort of yan huo. But this is just in the middle of nowhere.

I mean, we have the sukeul ml for few more points

9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

It says right on the tin in Army Builder "Fireteam: Duo". They are the only Fireteam: Duo in the Tohaa faction. Basically they're the equivalent of other Vanilla Faction's single Duo Link that need a Hacker remote to form. Except with Tohaa that is not the case as they don't have any remotes. Which means, in my opinion, that any two Chaska Longarms can group into a Fireteam without any outside help.
    This can be useful if the player wishes to go this route. A Multi-Terrain, Religious Duo that can carry a Missile Launcher, AutoCannon, Mk12+D-Charges, 2 Pulzar+Contender+E/M Grenade seems worth trying out on paper. However, BS11 does put a damper on the unit's effectiveness and loadout costs make them less appealing compare to other options. Which is a shame as it could have been a fun alternate option for player to use often.

10. Abrilete

I'm afraid that's not how it works: they have the Duo Fireteam rule because that rule is in their profile, but no Vanilla Faction can use Duo without the hacking program.
    Spiral, in the other hand, is a Sectorial, and as such they can use the Duo Fireteam.

#90 Abrilete, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  11. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

Guys, stop talking yourself into using Ckaksa Longarms. They're literally the worst profile in the faction.
    Everybody loves the Baggage Chaksa and their sculpts and I really hope the Longarms will look just as cool so I can use them as proxies for whatever floats my boat, though you'll never see me actually fielding them in their current state.

12. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

13. Golem2God

That is what I meant. Did my statement not convey that?

14. Golem2God

So you are saying that because Tohaa don't have that particular hacking program then no Chaska Duo? I can see that.

15. Abrilete

Precisely, sorry for being so unclear.
    I'm not completly sure, but I think that this question came up when the profiles showed up, and "someone" (maybe ijw?) explained that while the Chaksa Longarms had that rule because it was just part or their profile, they cannot use it in Vanilla without the hacking program.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Who care about TeamPro on them?
    Assisted Fire on the other hand would make them worth considering...

Golem2God and Abrilete like this.
  17. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

No, Tohaa follows the same rules as any other vanilla faction for Fireteams. The exception that allows Triads in vanilla is in the Triad rules.

As a vanilla army, Tohaa cannot form a Fireteam duo. It also lacks the sectorial army list that would need to specify the Fireteam, as both of these (being a sectorial and having and having the Fireteam specified on the list) are required to form any type of Fireteam.

Metal730, Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  18. Golem2God

@meikyoushisui Thank you for clearing that up. I'm glad to hear about the areas where I was wrong. At least myself and others know the correct stance of fireteams in Tohaa.

19. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

But you will never field one or even two

20. Abrilete

If I could at least make a Chaksa Longarms Duo Fireteam, maybe I'd try it once or twice.
    Just so I could say "at least, I tried".

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation