1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operation Wildfire

Discussion in 'News' started by chaos11, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Note that PanO had to completely redesign the Squalo chassis for the Drago, so it could carry a naval HRMC.

Yeah, 3mm cardboard is NOT cheap, relative to the 110g/m^2 cardstock that all previous Operation:Whatever terrain has been.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT give CB any ideas!!! :imp::imp::imp::rage:

And have specific bases for specific minis?

No thank you, sir!

Yeah, I'd rather have a simple piece of paper or plastic that you can glue onto the edge of the base, like the brass 180LOF markers Antenociti makes. Or paint!

Pre-marked firing arcs work fine in SWLegion, where you are gluing plastic minis without tabs to a base. I bought the E-Web heavy blaster because I like snow troopers. And I still messed up on basing that gun!

xagroth and Spinnaker like this.
  2. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Probably eight LOF groves molded in the plastic, just paint in the correct ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Henshini and Icchan like this.
  3. Scoria

Scoria Member

Is the store's Coming Soon page confused? It says the things are available on July 15/16, but I thought that was when we were supposed to start getting information that would cause people to jump in and preorder (and probably when the Gencon bundles are supposed to open).

4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

You guys keep the metal bar? I stopped to keep it as so I can put my minis how and where I want on the base. Plus, if you use alternative bases, you have to cut them anyway.

5. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

Probably means “preorder available on” i think the same thing happened with coldfront

6. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Does someone remember when was coldfront delivery last year ? I will be in holiday sometime in august and need to think where I will have my preorder send

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I dunno if @Koni or someone wants to clarify things but I'm seeing distributors on Facebook say the limited edition Valkyrie is only available to order if you buy a Wildfire+Advance release pack

ZlaKhon likes this.
  8. Scoria

Scoria Member

I think it'll be like Spiral+DF=Saito, and that just gets you her for free (and maybe waived shipping if you've added something like Reckless Hearts to get over 150), but you'll still be able to order her separately. At least from the CB store, that is.

9. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Distributors and retailers have access to all the special products (Advance Pack & Valkyrie) for the first time ever, and they have to order a minimum of Operation:Wildfire boxes to have access to them. Then, they're free or not to replicate our offer, that will be the same as always: Wildfire + Advance Pack = Valkyrie for free. Also, as always, you can buy as many Valkyries as you want on our online store.

Rizzy, xagroth, Melchior and 4 others like this.
  10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Thanks.

11. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

When I say "our offer" I mean our offer on our online store, you know. Sorry if that was not clear enough.

Distributors and retailers are not forced to do the same, but we recommend to do.

Cthulhu363, xagroth, Berjiz and 3 others like this.
  12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

@Koni Do you know when the preorder will be send (roughly) ? (so we can plan our delivery address)

Will the preorder be available at the interplanetario ?

13. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

@Koni, will we see 012 in army builder before preorder time ends?

14. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

As for the first question, I don't have a proper reply yet, sorry. We'll keep you informed.

As for the second question, yes, all the products will be available at GenCon & Interplanetario (except for the ITS 11 pack, this is not 100% confirmed yet, sorry).

15. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

There would be zero need for specific minis on specific bases, I think MikeTheScrivener is probably on the right lines of the bases will have some molded markings that show the 180 base halves, probably aligned along where the slot is in the center (so like one at each 'end' of the slot), the beginner hobbyist then can rely on the slot, getting a 'best fit' between the models facing and the LoF marks on the base, which at this stage in the hobby is perfectly fine. The more experienced can do what they do currently and pin the models to get almost exact alignment between the markings and the models actual facing.

All it does is shortcut that step for the new beginners where they have to try and paint that perfect 180 half of the base, or make a jig out of foamboard or whatever. FWIW i'd argue it's much harder to align stickers/AW brass etch/ freehand paint to the 'perfect' front 180 on a finished model than it would be to pin an unfinished model to an unfinished base in teh correct alignment, especially for the beginner that the product is aimed at.

AdmiralJCJF and Abrilete like this.
  16. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Does aynone know if it will be possible to get a full Shas army without buying defiance? That's still a dealbreaker for me for Wildfire.

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Consider how Coldfront *still* has not general release starters (nor there is another way to get the Ratnik, or the Naga Sniper now that the old one was discontinued...), and Wildfire will mark one year after Coldfront's publish...

So either we will see on August/september the starters, or they will remain a "must buy the 2 player box to get this"...

Abrilete likes this.
  18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

He is asking about Defiance I think, not Wildfire

CabalTrainee and xagroth like this.
  19. Scoria

Scoria Member

I'd guess that the new models for Defiance will end up being re-posed for Infinity releases, based on the "new pose versions of existing ones" thing. So if you buy Defiance you'd get a whole bunch at once, while if you only get Infinity releases you'll be waiting a while as they make their way through the release pipeline.

20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

I dont think they'll gonna release the Defiance figures for Infinity. It's a separate game. Compatible, yes. But it's easier to buy infinity models to get more enemies in defiance.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation