1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disengage Null State

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by HANGMAN, Jul 2, 2019.

1. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

Hello forums people!

I have a model engaged with a REM. The REM is in a null state. A fix-it box G:Servant of an Engineer comes around the corner to fix the REM my model is engaged with. What do I need to do to become disengaged from the REM in the null state? Do I have to dodge? Would it be at -3 since I technically don't have LOS outside of the engaged state? Can I just move away 1mm? Would I also get another ARO if I can just disengage?

Thanks!

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

So if you're still engaged with the REM at this point, there's nothing you can do, because as the G: Servant approaches your engaged trooper, they don't have LoF.

Instead, what you can do, as per the FAQ, is if at the conclusion of an order all the enemies you're engaged with are in a Null state or Immobilized, leave CC with no roll. This would leave you available to potentially shoot the incoming G: Servant (if you have LoF). But if you stay in CC with the Unconscious remote, you're SOL.

HANGMAN and Diphoration like this.
  3. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

FAQ Version: 1.4, Sep 2018
    Q: The second bullet of the Engaged state the text should be:
    A: At the Conclusion of an Order, the Engaged state can be cancelled when all of a trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state. When this happens, the trooper’s player must decide whether to keep the Engaged state, or cancel it by separating the trooper by 1mm from the adversaries. If all of an active trooper’s adversaries are in Null or Immobilized state the trooper can also cancel Engaged state by declaring Move (but following the structure of the Order) to separate from the adversaries.

HANGMAN likes this.
  4. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

At the conclusion of an order...it's ambiguous. Does that mean at the end of the opponents servant bot's order?

5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Your stuck. When teh REM you were engaged with went Unconcious, at that point you decided to remain in the engage state (not disengage) From that point on the only way you can leave is to kill the rem, (nock it unc after its rezzed again) or dodge away.

Given its your reactive you have no LOF to anyone outside the combat, as such there is no ARO which disengages you from this situation. so when the REM gets Rezzed you are still engaged with it.

Diphoration and HANGMAN like this.
  6. HANGMAN

HANGMAN Member

Thanks guys!

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yes, the English wording is slightly awkward here. If you look at the latter portion, however, it is referencing the order in which the enemy fell unconscious.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation