1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operation Wildfire

Discussion in 'News' started by chaos11, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It's not about doing well. It's about selling well! S5 figures sell really well because they "look" cool. And I agree. Hac Tao, Swiss Guard, Karakuri (now), Father Knight are all better than most S5 HI. But I have a feeling they don't swell as well as something that looks impressive.

Zewrath likes this.
  2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Or it's a sign that you understand the value of intimidation.
    Or that you understand that sometimes you actually need an effectively heavy unit.

chaos11, Stiopa and Spinnaker like this.
  3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

Or its so superior tech in a way that they shrunk an S7 into a S5. Mind blown... :wink:

4. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Vanguard Officer

I think that's a pretty unfair observation. S5 troops from high tech factions simply use the extra bulk because you can put more high tech stuff in it. Compare all of the 2W + NWI S5 troops in Combined army and Yu-Jing to the more basic 1W + Lo-Tech A units that Ariadna have.

I'd be shocked if anyone tried to tell me that Charontids or Su-Jians were "lacking in tech"

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, I don't really care about reasoning here, I just like SHI because they look cool.

It remains to be seen how much tech O12 is able to cram into S5 chassis.

xagroth, chaos11, kanluwen and 2 others like this.
  6. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think this will be a sectorial from larger O-12 faction. So it will have link teams.

7. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Too much tech. There's not even room for bullets, they put tech inside the magazine of the gun.

Xeurian, Cry of the Wind and Stiopa like this.
  8. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

All 3 of those existed before CB decided to proliferate S5 HI as a low tech thing to Haqq, Ariadna and Nomads. Also, Su Jian is technically a robot and other 2 are not human faction. So argument that S5 HI are low tech in Human Sphere stands and this is how CB originally marketed this to us.

Mob of Blondes, emperor26 and Zewrath like this.
  9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Su-Jian is not a HI, only in game terms. It’s a shape shifting remote controlled brute force robot.
    S5 on aliens are not humans and poorly, if even remotely, understood tech.

Also, your assessment about putting more tech stuff into it is wrong. Fx. The Yan Huo is not a high tech “SHI”, it’s a byproduct of a failure to fix those weapons on a TAG, while the Hac Tao/Swiss are nearly perfect S2 HI, who have the same protection and even better mobility and less clunky.

Hecaton and emperor26 like this.
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, you could actually make that argument. The Yan Hou is certainly proof of this

11. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

Arent the Daiyokai and Mowang 2 halves of a new S5 SHI that were in development. I figured CB abandoned the lo tech, lone wolf S5 infantry concept when making stuff like the daiyokai, mowang, Al Fasid, or linkable kriza or taskmasters. I feel like the only real perpetuater of this stereotype is the Azzy who was designed when CB wanted them to be more basic.

12. Spinnaker

I'm not arguing that the Yan-Hou is high tech, because it isn't. For the sake of this post, the units that I would consider "Hi tech SHI" are Mowang troops, Su-Jians, and Charontids (and possibly Kiel-Saans). I'm also not sure how the Su-Jian being a robot or the Charontid being from CA makes my point any less valid. They are both troops that make use of S5 to achieve durability that would not be possible if they were instead an S2.

I'm trying to argue against your statement that S5 is a sign of low tech, because anyone with hi tech can fit everything they need into S2. While it is certainally true that you can fit an awful lot into S2, what you can't get is 2W + NWI without having ALEPH recreation tech (i.e Joan, Sun Tze, ). Having S5 simply means you can fit in more stuff, and there is no reason that a high tech faction could not make use of that

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The high tech of the Yan Huo is how they miniaturized the HRMC down to the point where a S5 trooper can carry it (and the power supply for it).

14. Spinnaker

Actually that is a pretty good point - I guess my mind just immediately went to "slap the big gun on the big guy and call it a day" but it's the smallest thing in the game that can carry an HRMC

Hecaton, -Ghost- and colbrook like this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the Mowang is what the Shang Ji should have been bumped up to! (But that's another argument.)

Anyway, the O-12 look pretty cool but not OMG great.

However the Shasvastii!!! OMG those are great! I was afraid they would look too "human". But they still look nice and alien. I want them!

-Ghost- likes this.
  16. kanluwen

So...do people really expect no pseudo-Fireteams in this faction?

Triads, yo.

Melchior likes this.
  17. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

Ripping the console from power.

Holy mother of Mary. I'm in the twilight zone or something.

On another note:
    Shas look great!!

#257 -Ghost-, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Belgrim and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Pose the model to aim its main weapon-Recycled
    Pose the model not to aim with its main weapon -Not professional
    Pose the model at rest with its main weapon -Another model not aiming with its main weapon
    Pose the model with a secondary sidearm -Another model not using its main weapon
    Pose the model with its CC weapon -Infinity is not a game about swords
    Pose the model in another pose -silly

Just cannot win...

19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The mini was cast from metal that was collected from the production and/or miscasting of other works - Recycl... waaaaaait...

20. kanluwen

Just so we're clear, the reason it's being complained about? Is because (spoilers) they're becoming tropes at this point.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation