1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HB with Core team that's not Ghulams

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by yoink101, Jun 27, 2019.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

How do you go about building and using a Govad or Muyib core team? I usually find that I like a fairly static defensive team with cheap light infantry because I've come up against hidden missile launchers too many times to count. Plus, when I advance a core team to the middle of the table, I find it almost always makes it easier for my opponent to dismantle it.

Both Govads and Muyibs as a core mean I'm losing 2-3 other models (Farzans, Lasiqs, Ragiks, and the like) in favor of a core team that has +1 BS. How and why would it be worth it?

2. Kraken1130

Kraken1130 Well-Known Member

I think saying all you get is +1 BS is a bit too simplistic a look at the benefits you gain from going from Ghulam Infantry to Govads/Muyibs.

Muyibs all gain ARM2 and V:Dogged as well as BS12. Additionally, they can carry 0SWC heavy weapons (Panzerfausts), gain access to mid range assault/ARO weapons (HRL/Spitfire), and have minelayer profiles AND a smoke LGL!

Govads gain ARM2, MSV1, and the increasingly vital Veteran skill that make them practically immune to EM champs like Emily. Their weapons are more in line with Ghulam Infantry, but they also gain access to Number 2 and KHDs.

Both teams also allow you the option to field an Asawira with full core benefits, which could mean a BS17 Spitfire! Feels good to be like PanO.

So yes, you lose a couple of models but HB also has some of the best chaff units in the game (Mutts and Panzerfaust Daylami) to back up your more expensive core team. Even if you're looking for a defensive team, Govads and Muyibs both have their strengths over your standard Ghulam with Muyibs using Dogged to continue to be roadblocks and Govads having access to good ARO weapons and MSV1.

Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    ASAWIRA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    MUYIB Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    MUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    MUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    GOVAD (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    GOVAD Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    BARID (Forward Observer) Lieutenant Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    AL-DJABEL Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW, Knife. (0 | 35)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#2 Kraken1130, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. Ankaa

Ankaa Well-Known Member

I think which core fireteam you go with depends largely on what you want to do with it. You mentioned off the bat that you like defensive fireteams in which case the Ghulam are always the way to go. If your fireteam is doing anything other than aro-ing from a fortified building however, Muyibs are truly excellent, especially with the Asawira spearhead.

If you are spending multiple orders on your fireteam to get work done, the Muyibs will do the job. Between the 2 wound Asawira, the doctor, dogged and Number 2 the fireteam is very resilient. This lets you force through trades when you need a high priority target eliminated, secure objectives and claim zones pretty reliably. Dogged, Number 2 and fireteam bonuses also make them a huge pain to deal with on your reactive so their defensive abilities should also not be overlooked.

If you are really worried about hidden missiles and other nasty surprises, you also have the option to carefully advance through the cover of smoke thanks to the LGL profile although ghazi can also help with this regardless of fireteam choice).

4. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

This only partly meets your requirements, as I set it up to form either a Muyib core or a Muyib haris and a ghulam core, but this list worked very well for me. The HRL profile is just amazing for the point/SWC cost, the haris profile still gives a panzerfaust for ARO, and the minelayer profile adds a lot of additional tools. And Leila is just always amazing.

List 2: L&S mod 1

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    MUYIB (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    GHULAM Lieutenant HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3
    FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

oldGregg, theGricks and barakiel like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Muyibs also have universal Number 2, which means that the team is basically impossible for your opponent to break.

colbrook likes this.
  6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Yeah, the combination of having both Number 2 and positively bristling with weapons means I often reach for Muyibs more than anything else in HB. Dogged, when it matters, can also be clutch. Mind you, I don't often have to contest with hidden missiles and the like the way you do.

7. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hi,

I barely use the Ghulams Core in Hassasin, most of the times I prefer play less miniatures but better ones, and muyibs do the job. Govads aren't to me an option. Expensive heavy weapons because "MVL1" and "veteran". If we use the Govads Core then our Lt probably will be a Govad, or maybe a Barid hacker. And our ARO pieces will be in the Govad Core. If we add Asawiras or/and Leila, the result is we have only two or three Govads "max", them we couldn't do use of the "veteran" rule.

Muyibs are "multitool", as ARO pices the HRL is good enough and with dogge the "muyib" will be more hard to put down. Yes, most of factions have shock ammunition or habilities, but this ones put down a Govad, a Ghulam or a Muyib with equal efficiency. So, "don't worry", if you can activate dogge the Muyib is the best choice. They aren't too bad in CC, and with D-Charges can scare somebody. All the Myibs have Nº2, a plus now when you want to use the Asawira spitfire in a five members core.

And if we made the "sume" Muyibs are a little bit cheaper than Govads.

Best regards!

Cannon Fodder and Myomer like this.
  8. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Muyibs are my go to for HB. The are just too useful. Now with the option of taking an Asawira they got even better. I find they work best in lists with 12 regular orders, plus a couple irregular, impetuous.

vorthain, Xeurian and Urobros like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation