1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operation Wildfire

Discussion in 'News' started by chaos11, Jun 26, 2019.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

What would make better sense is to release a box of them without it being stuck in a Kickstarter. ;)

Pen-dragon likes this.
  2. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

well I think that all depends on who you ask!

4. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

that moment where the Mentor is the preorder exclusive model while the actual 2 factions are still unknown. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Melchior and atomicfryingpan like this.
  5. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

HAD?! Tell us the future, oh wise one! We crave for knowledge of the unfathomable!

Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  6. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I'm thinking its gonna combined army (shas) vs tohaa. The only other faction I could think of would be the foreign company.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm more convinced it's Tohaa after reading the teaser. You wouldn't "warn" O12 by blowing up their facility -- that's an act of war. You warn them by destroying the Tohaa there, and the Tohaa also happen to be a perfect example of a race that "keeps resisting the forces of the Combined Army."

chaos11, DukeofEarl and n21lv like this.
  8. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I just can't wrap my head around an alien vs alien box. I mean it's as plausible as anything else really but it just doesn't strike me as a likely thing

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Here's a little video relevant to your interests. First look at Taigha creatures. They look a bit larger than S1 too. Another "seraph" incident?

Arkhos94, xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  10. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I could see a box of 4 being put out and then 4 alt sculpts being in the Kickstarter.

Smiler and Cothel like this.
  11. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Didn't the Tohaa just get a box with a full army? Seems odd to release yet another Tohaa set right away. Also the destruction of a base can definitely serves as a warning.

"This will happen to your whole faction if you stand agaisnt us."

Of course that entirely depends on who actually wins. They'll probably make the CA win against for dramatic factor, but I'd like humans to win for once!

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I hope that you’re not required to buy an unrelated board game if you want to collect a reasonably complete Shasvastii or Combined Army force.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Agreed, I think it’s very unlikely that Tohaa will be in Wildfire given that Spiral was the big box just a few months ago.

Berjiz, ChoTimberwolf and Henshini like this.
  14. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

yes, they did – in the form of the Spiral Corps NA2 army.

I find that usually these teaser quotes hint at whats to come in the box, or whats next in the story – so combined warning O12 means that the box will be combined fighting O12. a similar pattern being with the JSA teasers.

I think CB got the taste of game cross-promotion and now wont stop

15. MicroWarp

MicroWarp Well-Known Member

Artwork directly mentions O12, people still think Tohaa. :expressionless:

Could still be Tohaa I guess...

#35 MicroWarp, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  16. meikyoushisui

No, NA2 did, and that's an important point. Most of the Spiral box is new, but Tohaa is in dire need of resculpts for older units. If we set aside the Sukeul and assume they're getting a repack, the following units are in pretty bad need of sculpts:

Sakiel, Makaul, Kamael, Ectros, Taqeul, and arguably the Gao-Rael (they're fine-ish but use the old ball and socket joints meaning a few years old at least) all either need resculpts, or in the case of most of the Sakiel profiles and all of the Taqeul profiles, sculpts at all.

Abrilete, Cothel and DukeofEarl like this.
  17. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

A thought on the logic of the base belonging to the faction that will be fighting against them in the box:

If you're still fighting with someone after blowing up their base, you didn't blow it up good enough...

It's not exactly unrelated though, and pretty much everything in the defiance box will be useful in Infinity,but if it was something that one of my armies had been waiting on for years I'd be very disgruntled... Or possibly impressed that a model the size of an S8 Ariadna TAG is included in a dungeon crawler...

18. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

A hard point against Tohaa is that CB removed the entire faction from their store. You can't even sort for tohaa anymore. All Tohaa units are under the NA2 Tag now. On the other hand they also removed the YuJing remotes from the YuJing Tag. (You can still find them in NA2) So yeah...

19. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

I think its tohaa because they discontinued a ton of those older vanilla sculpts. Now they come in with a new set of fresh sculpts for those units. We know O-12 will be in the game at some point but from one of the earlier satellites they made it sound as though that's still a while off and they will do a big announcement thing for that. I think they would be more likely to get their own army box.

20. meikyoushisui

That's a fair point, but keep in mind that most of (all of?) what's in Tohaa right now that isn't in Spiral is currently discontinued. It looks like both the Yaoxie and Yaokong remotes are missing in YJ, I wonder if the releases just get sorted manually but can only be in one bucket at a time?

CabalTrainee likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation