1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity PbP - Sunz Never Rest

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Solodice, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

[ Yes, Eddie and Amyaah are still in the store for the moment, we're about ready to bail, though. ]

[ Crap. So much for 'not being involved in the investigation,' the Crescent Eagles Triad has Mister Chao. I intend to rescue him, as I am recovering my bets due to race fixing. Agent Son is going to be pissed. Think you can track that van to it's destination, Nathan? ]

[ Alright, gang, should we give this data to Agent Lan? Remember, she is on our side and encouraged us to continue our investigation. But we can only check one place at a time. The Imperial Service could raid every single Great Wall Community at the same time. ]

2. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

Momentum: 7, Heat: 3

Piranha Market

@sonicReducer Give me an Analysis D3. You'll still gather knowledge on Great Wall Communities with no successes but more successes nets you better info.

Gated Community

Saito slowly makes his way over to the garage's backyard entrance. He checks the handle... locked. Best to give it the good ol' college try and pick it first before he had to resort to anything too drastic.

D2 Thievery Roll: 4, 9 = 2 successes

The lock gives way and Saito slowly opens the door. The garage is empty and checking in on his recorders... it would be that way for a few more minutes as the Triad and his friends continued to get rid of evidence.

[I'm about to tag up this Traid's ride and bounce out of here. They are working at break neck pace at getting rid of anything incriminatory and look to be leaving soon as well.]

3. Section9

[ Go ahead, Saito, that will help us out trying to figure out where Mister Chao may have been taken. But stay safe yourself! ]

4. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

Posting my rolls. It's D3, I won't use momentum and I don't have any Focus in Analysis so I'll just roll the 2 dice as normal
    1st roll = 13
    2nd roll = 3

just 1 success

5. Solodice

Momentum: 7, Heat: 3

Piranha Market

@sonicReducer Impi starts to pull the curtain back ever so slightly on Great Wall Communities. The talk on Arachne channels and findable transaction receipts definitely point to it being a front for the Crescent Eagle Triad. They have their headquarters up in En Gaung which is the second largest city and capital of Sabai Island. It is also Crescent Eagle territory.

Looking over the current gated communities Impi pulls up one that is under construction. It wouldn't be a bad place to take Chao and get some answers out of him... or dispose of him.

Gated Community

Saito tip toes into the garage and tries to hook up his recorder bug just under the lip of the engine compartment looking back into passenger compartment.

D2 Stealth Roll (rolling 4 thanks to the recorder granting 2 momentum): 19, 8, 14, 13 = 3 successes

Re-rolling the 19 thanks to Scout talent: 13

So 4 successes.

The bug is in place and now it was time to get out of here. Saito retraces his steps back to the work shed and gets back into the M&Q uniform, stashes his equipment in his duffel, and finally crawls into his car.

Momentum: 9, Heat: 3

#385 Solodice, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    sonicReducer likes this.
  6. Section9

Eddie curses enough to strip paint at about 50m in probably 6 different languages, there is English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and a couple languages you really aren't certain about but sound very angry over the ComLog's *beep* of profanity-censoring. "This is a hell of a lot bigger than I thought. Crescent Eagle Triad is far too big for us to take on without backup, I'm going to fill in Agent Lan and the Company."

[ Agent Lan, it appears that our local asset has positively ID'd several local members of the Crescent Eagle Triad, as well as a vehicle associated with Great Wall Communities being involved with Mister Chao's kidnapping. If you want to find him alive, it would probably be good to hit all those gated communities simultaneously. Or at least find his Cube, though I'm trying to prevent that ending. We are heading to a Great Wall Community still under construction, if the Service could hit the others. ]

Eddie also slugs another chunk of data to Sunz, letting them know that we have a probable location for someone who has assisted in the investigation and is in danger because of it, plus naming the Crescent Eagle Triad as the organization fixing the races for public announcement. And for the Tunguska banks to shut down.

7. Solodice

Piranha Market

[Understood Mr. Calverson. The dragon has awoken and will be hunting tonight. I suggest you keep your head down.]

Amyah and Eddie finish up inside and rejoin Impi and Konrad and proceed on their way to the under construction community.

On the drive a message from the Sunz reaches Eddie. From the time stamp its in question to the first update he sent them. The second one was probably still on its way to Tunguska.

[Message received. Client has indicated he will go along with the use of media before the race is to begin tomorrow. Individual names will be nice to have but time is against that. If any names are uncovered release them to the judiciary element for them to handle. Keep your head down and keep your distance from Yu Jing judiciary elements as you pursue your lead.]

Under Construction Community

Konrad pulls the SUV off the road. Up ahead is the front gate of the under construction community. Right now the main wall around the community is up, no security cameras though, and the front gate is just two steel doors to seal it off when construction crews are offsite.

Pulling up a schematic shows this community is like the rest. It has a few entry ways beyond the front gate. There should be single door entry ways that lead to paths snaking around the exterior and leading to walking paths.

Outside Gated Community

Saito drives his way out of the gated community. The booth guard doesn't even glance at him as he passes by.

The ninja doesn't loose sight of the gated community though. He pulls into a subdivision and get his eyes back on the front gate. A few minutes later his recorder activates as the Triad and two companions enter the car and begin to drive away from the house. They pull up to the gate.

[Eddie, do you want me to tail these goons or pass them off to the Imperial Service? The recorder can record to an internal chip if I let them go but it can't function like a tracker. I'll need to do it old school if we want to have their location.]

8. Section9

[ Tail them for now, Saito, but stay as far back as you can, I'll try to arrange a handoff to the Service without involving you. Give me their car description and license number, stay on them until the Service grabs them just in case they try to do something fancy like swap cars. ]

9. Daemon of Razgriz

Daemon of Razgriz Ninja sniper

Saito begins to follow once the pass by. Keeping distance so that he doesn't have visuals on the car per se. But rather staying close enough to just be out of site and rely on the gps ping from his recording bug. Occasionally getting close enough to re confirm visuals without drawing undue attention.

10. Solodice

[Still waiting to see what the team wants to do at the under construction community...]

On The Road

Saito tails after the Traid's vehicle keeping tabs on it.

@Daemon of Razgriz [Give me a D2 Stealth roll. Triad will be rolling a D2 Observation. This will be a face to face roll so the one with the most successes win.]

Triad D2 Observation (spending 2 heat for 2 more d20s): 12, 15, 2, 12 = 4 successes (2 is the Triad's observation focus number)

11. Section9

[ Agent Lan, our local asset has found some Crescent Eagle Triad members in a van after clearing out a safe-house. ] Eddie attaches the vehicle ID information. [ We are at a Great Wall Community that is still under construction, location attached, still looking for Mister Chao. ]

A sudden horrible thought strikes him.

[ Saito, are you headed in the rough direction of ] the location of the under-construction community [ the rest of the team is outside? ]

12. Solodice

@Daemon of Razgriz [The Triad and his friends seem to be heading to South Side of all places.]

13. Daemon of Razgriz

Negative Eddie. Seems they are heading in the direction of the town of Southside. Was there earlier in the day. Didn't notice too much out that way. Impi. Are there any holdings out that way I don't know about?

Keeping his distance as to not tip off the Triad. Saito puts extra attention into not screwing up the tail. Paranoid though, as it's his first tail since some unfortunate incidents in the past.

Stealth roll. Target 14. Burning 3 momentum to try to succeed in the roll.
    Roll is 11,8,4,8,12. WTF!!!!

Breathing in. And out. Saito fights against the mounting self doubt to maintain composure. Repeating the rules of tailing 101. Gradually adding additional rules, like a mantra. Saito maintains his distance. Keeping within glimpsing distance. Ever so occasionally, jumping near enough to make sure a switch hadn't been made. Saito keeps tailing his quarry.

Solodice likes this.
  14. Solodice

On The Road

Saito keeps eyes on the Triad and no one is the wiser it seems. The Triad and his friends head right into the sleepy South Side. He follows them to a familiar location... the Salty Marine. The car drives around to the back while Saito parks down the street. He waits a few minutes and catches a shipping truck leaving... its the same company that his illegal goods "fell off" when he was down here earlier. He follows the truck the farthest he could towards the docks until it disappears behind a security gate.

stevenart74 likes this.
  15. Section9

[ I'm assuming Saito is keeping the rest of us informed about this, and included said shipping truck's info in the Taclink? If so, I'm going to pass that to Agent Lan for action. ]

"OK, let's get this going. Nathan, are there any active cameras or other sensors on this wall you can find? Right now, my plan is to open the gate and drive in, as long as there aren't any sensors to worry about. It will be a bit loud, but a single shot to the top of the padlock holding the gate closed will get us inside in a hurry without having to beat up our ride."

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

"All clear, not getting any digital signatures. Place is quiet as a tomb"

stevenart74 likes this.
  17. Solodice

@Daemon of Razgriz [So this is a bit weird the Triads showing up at South Side. One, it's the main territory of the Panit Family. The Crescent Eagles Triad is currently trying to muscle their way into South Side and push out the Panit Family. Second, the Triad and his friends showed up at the place where you met Fredo Ocampo... one of the Panit Family's lieutenants. Is Fredo doing this on his own? Is the Triad doing this one his own? Or did the Crescent Eagles and the Panit Family come to some business agreement here? There are more questions then answers at the moment it seems. One thing is for sure is that the Triad and his buddies are looking to get themselves smuggled off the island.]

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. Section9

"Well, let's try to find Mister Chao." Eddie steps out of the SUV and walks up to the padlock. [ Eddie's Thievery is 12 counting 2 FOC, and I'm spending a momentum. 6, 9, and 16 on the dice, for 2 Successes ] "Nothing on one, slight click on 2...":laughing:

[ Agent Lan, we are entering the Great Wall Community under construction, trying to be quiet about it. This is the kind of place I would have stashed Mister Chao back when I was on the force, which is why we are here. ]

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Daemon of Razgriz

Relaying everything he's seeing through the tacnet and making sure his giest is keeping up with the video and photo evidence. Saito sends another packet through the tacnet for Eddie to pass on to Sunz. Feeling annoyed that the repeater has been spent, Saito laments lost tools.

He instructs Eddie on the situation.
    Boss. What do you want me to do. This one looks complicated to bust into by myself without intelligence first or backup.

stevenart74 likes this.
  20. Solodice

Under Construction Community

[Copy that. If you find anything of interest let me know immediately.]

The padlock pops apart with no problems. Seems even after decades of technological advances no one can make a padlock worth a damn still.

Inside its quiet... like that of a tomb as Impi mentioned earlier. No quantronic traffic and nothing coming up over Amyah's sensor. A few minutes slowly sweeping through the place and Eddie gets a bad felling that he might of trusted his gut to much. That is until Konrad calls out over the tacnet that he's found something.

The team converges on him and finds him looking at a slab of concrete foundation. He shines a light over it and it's still glossy... still wet. Amyah's sensor picks up 3 human shapes inside the newly poured concrete. Those 3 shapes are most likely Chao and his two body guards.

South Side

As Saito waits for orders he sees the same truck coming back out from the docks. He catches a glimpse of the driver and a passenger. He doesn't know the driver but that passenger is definitely Fredo Ocampo.

Section9 and stevenart74 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation