1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with part of Aleph Spec-Ops options (redundant weapon?)

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by RecklessPrudence, Jun 19, 2019.

1. RecklessPrudence

RecklessPrudence Well-Known Member

Hi, I didn't know where else to put this. So I was building a Spec-Ops option for my Aleph recently, and had 2xp left. Couldn't afford anything I really wanted, had filled up all three Skill slots, so took a look at weapons. Saw the Nanopulser at 2xp and thought 'why not?' - double direct templates can be fun, and with one slot already filled with D-charges, taking two of the other 1xp weapon options didn't really make sense with the rest of the build. Only to be unable to take it.

I checked in the Army forum if this was a bug, and was reminded that Spec-Ops can't take anything they already have. Only... both existing Spec-Ops troops for Aleph are already packing Nanopulsers, so is it an error that Nanopulsers are listed at all? I double-checked in my copy of Daedelus' Fall, and they're listed there, so... The Combi Rifle they both share is not on the list of weapons, so one of the mutual options wasn't offered as an upgrade, is there supposed to be an exception for taking a second DTW if you're already equipped with one? Is it a design error that it's even listed, or can we look forward to another Spec-Ops troop for Aleph (and thus presumably another Sectorial) soon, or what?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's not a bug, it's a rule that Army is bad at communicating.

You may not select options for your spec-ops that the spec-ops already has.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  3. RecklessPrudence

Yeah, I got that - but both possible Aleph Spec-ops options already bring Nanopulsers with them, so why is it an option? There's either a reason we don't know, or it was a mistake - if the latter, I haven't seen anyone else mention it, therefore CB may be unaware. If the former that's big news, considering it strongly implies a planned third sectorial for Aleph!

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

*shrug* While Aleph is not unlikely to get a Spec Ops for a future Sectorial that might not have Nanopulser, Yu Jing spec ops has Cube and Yu Jing are pretty good at giving all their citizens cubes (they also remove citizenship from individuals deemed too untrustworthy and having untrustworthy spec ops isn't likely)

My guess, particularly considering the mess of Yu Jing equipment list, is that the lists are simply outdated. Aleph list was probably made at a point in time when the OSS Spec Ops was meant to be a different unit - possibly an Apsaras, but who knows?

meikyoushisui and Robock like this.
  5. RecklessPrudence

Aww, why you gotta bring cold realism to the party? I was excited for either a new weapon option or a new Sectorial, and you point out accurate facts and give a perfectly reasonable explanation? Boo! Boo I say!

( :stuck_out_tongue: )

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yes, there are significant issues with the SpecOps weapons and equipment lists.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation