1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Speculo Killer

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Oni, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Hello,

Just stumbled over the new Speculo Killer Model.

CB_INF_Speculo.jpg

I personal really like the more "Human" approach, which kind of make sense due to mostly that kind of enemy. Just for the "Predator/Blade 2 Vampire" mouth im not shure yet. But a really beautifull modell to spread terror over your enemies :wink:. Maybe a bit over dynamic but if you jump out of the shadows/impersonation I guess its alright.

Greetz Oni

#1 Oni, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I like the idea, but not the execution. Hopefully rest of new Shas models will be more sensible.

xagroth likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm happy I have the old one... and I wish CB thought sometimes that people uses foam trays, which are impossible to use with this kind of models extending weapons way farther than their S...

4. Kwisatz Haderach

Kwisatz Haderach Zelenograd Shasvastii
    Warcor

From russian infinity group.
    Best July releases winner

Attached Files:

nakar, smog, Dimswitch and 9 others like this.
  5. eduiguima

eduiguima Member

Really like the new design, really like the predator mouth. The pose is horrible. I'll try to cut the tactical stone out and repose it, or depending how the mini fits together, do what someone suggested on FB, buy a Bit miniature and substitute the head and arms (a shame, because i really like the new Speculo coat)

RobertShepherd likes this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m not entirely sold on it, but I’m probably going to pick it up and see if I can do some reposing work on it.

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I actually think it would look a lot better with the weapons swapped.

WarHound likes this.
  8. Mysd

Mysd Member

Not a fan at all unfortunately.

As has been said the pose is incredibly ungainly and I'm not entirely sure how she's in that position? I'm guessing, from the flow of the cloak and the weight on the left leg that she's dropped in from above, but with the arm fully extended and her right boot on the stone, preparing the push off, it's as though she's lunging directly forward, but has mis-timed the thrust. They look like two completely different actions on two different axes of movement.

I was hoping for a passive pose in fully human form, representing the perfectly disguised, patient predator that the Speculos is, much as we see on the dossier.

Not the best start for the new Shasvastii line, but shows promise stylistically.

My Speculos (Agent Messer and Killer) are, and will remain, Morlocks - 'not-Joker' and 'not-Katana'.

EDIT: On the plus side, because that was all rather negative, I think having a generic profile is great and having it outside the starter box is a very good choice.

Also, though this isn't to my taste, I love that I can pick up a couple of Morlocks and have the (not-)Joker as my Agent of Chaos ;-P

#8 Mysd, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf, DaRedOne and xagroth like this.
  9. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Its terrible. And I’m not talking about the mouth. I’d actually consider putting her head on the old model’s body if I had the cash to spend on a model just for conversion purposes

10. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Doesn't that hurt without a saddle? :grin:

11. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The mouth would make much more sense if it had Protheion.

Ginrei and toadchild like this.
  12. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

This seems like a model that is tough to design. It's an alien that spends it's time looking like the opposition but unfortunately it can't look like every other faction. Choosing to make it look kinda human while wearing CA gear doesn't appeal to me at all.

I probably would've designed the model on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd make it extremely alien and different. Leaving players to either use their favorite S2 mini from other factions or use markers to represent Impersonation.

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

For me Messer is a perfect new-style Speculo.

WarHound, xagroth, smog and 1 other person like this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I wasn’t able to snag one from the special ITS box so I’m looking forward to the general release.

xagroth and Stiopa like this.
  15. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I like it though the mouth doesn't make sense. However I've been slowly collecting old basic troops (Zhanshi, Alquacile, Fusilier, etc) from each faction to be Speculo and I'll use the one for whoever I'm playing.

toadchild and Stiopa like this.
  16. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I grabbed that new Odalisque that came out a few months ago. Some very light scoring on her face, some minor modifications of her gun, and an alien paint job, and she makes for a great speculo with BSG.

WarHound, smog, Dedled and 2 others like this.
  17. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Pictures?

18. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I will pic it up and see how it goes together, I think the arms and head might go well on Bit's body.

19. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Regarding models as impersonation markers:
    I use a civilian model as impersonation marker, much more easy then having one basic trooper for each opponent ;-)

Ginrei likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation