1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberpunk 2077 RPG game play

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Space Ranger, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

There was a game (miniatures) years ago that went along those same lines. I want to say it was called Flintloque. It had a fantasy world that was set during the like the Napoleonic era. Horrible figures I thought back then and even worse now, but the story seemed interesting.You had orks, ogres, and fantasy creatures with muskets and cannons. I’ve seen similar things in anime too. They are not stuck on the “Tolkien” sense of fantasy.

jherazob and chromedog like this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yes, but Flintloque was posting givne fantasy races as given kingdoms in the Napoleonic Era.
    Not going ot work, IMO.

Give a look to the Wolsung though, it is made (as wargame, I don't remeber who was behind the RPG it is base on) by our good friends at Micro Art Studio. While certain races still have RL national vibes, it is less set in stone than it was in Flintloque.

jherazob likes this.
  3. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

So, 2077 got a release date in the last week. 16th of April NEXT year (2020). Cyberpunk:red will have a starter box out for gencon with the full rules out probably 4th quarter 2019 at the earliest.

I'll have to save up the $$ to get a machine capable of playing 2077. This venerable beast won't cut it. The 2gb DDR2 RAM, athlon processor and Radeon 4350 just can't cut the mustard for gaming. New Ram (what are they up to now? DDR5?) and new processor means a new mobo. New card as well.

I may as well just put that $$ into a PS4pro. It'll get used as a media server that way (it can play my media files as well as blu ray and dvd).

4. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Xbox One X is roughly 50% faster, depending on title.

Disclosure: I don't actually own any consoles, but I follow YouTube channels that cover the topic. For example Digital Foundry has done multiple videos on the subject.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Also worth mentioning that it looks like Cyberpunk is going to be a "Big Deal" game for Xbox. I would not be shocked to see a Cyberpunk 2077 branded One X.

6. chromedog

Yes, but I prefer the design of the ps. Controllers are also more scaled to my hands (x-box controllers are too large).

7. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'm going for PC myself. Not because of "PC MASTA RACE", just because of the potential of mods!

Pen-dragon, Icchan and xagroth like this.
  8. sonicReducer

sonicReducer Well-Known Member

Apparently the standard edition of the game comes with a pdf of Cyberpunk 2020, pretty cool.

I'm going PC, would like to get a physical box as CDPR put in maps and stickers and stuff

9. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

90% sure I'm going PC on this one, I would only not do so if it was a launch title for the new XBOX console they are working on and came as a special bundle

xagroth and jfunkd like this.
  10. chromedog

Yeah, but old CP grognards like me ALREADY have all the back catalogue 2020 (and 2013) stuff as hardcopy on the bookshelves anyway. So nothing new.
    I'd rather put the money towards Red, and then get 2077 5-6 months later. So at least half the bugs get worked out and/or patched around.
    (Yeah, I don't have any optimism when it comes to vidjagame QA testing. I have friends in that industry, too.).

#30 chromedog, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Errhile, ev0k, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  11. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Fair enough. There's something just off for me with the PS controllers. Can't explain it!

I'm seriously considering Red when it comes out as a first real foray into RPGs. I've dipped toes into the waters before, but it's always just been as a filler for groups that needed 'one last person'.

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

When the XBox first came out, you could buy 'Japanese' controllers that were about 75% the size. I don't have particularly big hands (well, wide palms with short fingers), so the Japanese controller fits me better.

Dunno if there is a Japanese wireless XBOne controller out there or not.

13. chromedog

PS controller fits nicely in my hands. Everything is close to the digit required to use it. Triggers are index and middle fingers. All the buttons are under my thumb and the left stick I don't have to stretch to reach. Not so with the xb one.

It's all so very hypothetical atm anyway. There being maybe 2 or 3 titles in games I actually would play (with 2077 being one of them) anyway (Absolutely NONE of my ps2 games were portable to the PS3 and none went online as dlc - and upgrading the comp/getting a console is low on the priorities.

14. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

I think it's the taper on the grip exacerbated by the double shoulder buttons; my hand cramps up quickly when I hold the controller.
    The Xbox "slim" controller became standard with the X360, replacing the original "Xbox hueg" controller; there's only the Japanese size controller now.

Abrilete and Lothlanathorian like this.
  15. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I hear you. I lost access to a big collection of favorite PS2 games when my PS2 finally died, and they wouldn't work on the PS3. If you still have your PS2 disks, check out PCSX2. It is a Playstation 2 emulator, and can play from the disk. Be warned your computer needs to have a little power to pull it off. My new machine is nothing to impress, but it handles it well. My old laptop nearly chocked trying to run it. I can confirm PCSX2 works on Windows and Linux if your so inclined.

xagroth, jherazob and Section9 like this.
  16. Section9

Let's see if my Dell can run it...

17. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

I liked the original Xbox huge controller, it was the only one that felt comfortable to use for many hours in a row. Modern controllers feel cramped.

18. chromedog

Thankfully the PS2 still works, and plays the discs fine. It's had it's drive replaced once (it's a bog standard dvd rom drive as far as the hardware goes. Gutted a cheap $20 dvd rom and swapped it out) but it's as good as the day I bought it :D It's just getting harder to find a tv that takes the inputs.
    The audio is fine, our old 5.1 system takes the optical output so I can play in surround.

I don't care that much that the graphics are 10 years+ out of the art, the gameplay of Deus Ex was awesome (plus, the Hong Kong level boss and my boss at the time had the same name. I took great joy in shooting him in the face in that game. :D
    There are a lot of games out there that are really "pretty", but the gameplay sucks ass. I grew up with Defender, which only had like 8 levels or something, but they repeated and got harder. The graphics were nothing special (now) but the repeated playability is what made that game.

#38 chromedog, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  19. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

They do make the bigger controllers for the XBone. It is called "The Duke."

Icchan likes this.
  20. Section9

hrm... I also need a USB connector for a controller, or a controller wired for USB directly... Ah, well, guess I will add that to the list of things I need.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation