1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krit “the Crit” Kokram

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by yoink101, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Man, I really hate Automedikits. They just aren't worth what you pay for them. 1-2 points? Awesome. 4 points? No way. Only on The Shrouded are they really a decent price, from what I can tell.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

He's also more likely to be in +3 for Emily and both of his wounds will be taken out by the same template whereas the Gongchengs will take at least two orders and force Emily to use the Normal grenades and as such can be salvaged by the Yisheng unless the Starco player is willing to spend essentially all 10 orders on killing the support.

This is my problem with CB's model for Heavy Infantry. The extra ARM and the extra wound makes the model twice as expensive but far from twice as hard to take out.

Gongcheng of equal value to Krit takes 2 times 27% chances to incapacitate. More if Emily can't move out from DZ.

Krit in a Zuyong link takes 1 times 19%, while risking having more members E/M:d. Less if the link is pushing across midfield.

Krit with the Guijia takes 1 times 23% to E/M... and risks the Guijia who is taken out on 22% chance

If a Gongcheng gets naded, they can potentially be picked up by the Yisheng. If Krit gets naded, he is so expensive that there aren't likely any Gongcheng around to fix him.

@Section9 that's a point of discussion. 11 models is only a drawback if you have to go first, but it's also a huge advantage in an army where model losses and order losses tend to hurt bad, but happens less. Refilling one order is often a boon. I think aiming for 12 to 13 models is better in IA because it allows you to stress less about getting first turn and in so doing risk gimping yourself on missions which don't require it.

For this reason whoever said Shang-Ji were the stars of the sectorial must've suffered temporary insanity. The real star is the Haidao and the biggest issue aside from a complete lack of grenade launchers on competent models is the way the Wildcard is limited.
    Also the lack of veteran or elite status on Shang-Ji is pretty annoying.

3. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You're mixing words in the statement. The exact sentence was " Liu Xing is the star of the sectorial and the core of Shang Ji its more powerful link". Still you keep your point though...

Mahtamori likes this.
  4. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

You must be wrong, I think you mean Daoying is the star of the sectorial, right? ;-p

5. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Tinbot coverage for your link, but I actually posted the wrong list. The one I had was a 4-man Zuyong that could fit in a little bit more beef into it, but that's not really relevant to the discussion at hand.

I know it's been repeated to death but I'm really sad with how much of a missed opportunity Shang Ji ended up being. I look at their statline and I look at their weapons and I think there's real potential there, but with their total lack of skills there's no niche they fill that can't be done cheaper by Zuyongs. I'd pay a couple extra points for Hyperdynamics 1 on the HRL, for example.

Maybe the rare case where you want to take a Zhanshi core you'd be able to slot in a Shang Ji Spitfire for a little more punch, but on the whole they're committing the most major cardinal sin in this game: being boring.

6. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

I think the mechanic that Krit adds is the ability for a zuyong link to attack upfield through em in the active turn.

For example without krit:

Zuyong link pushes up table and Tai Sheng pops around corner to lay a chain colt over sheskiin and several Nox troopers. Nox zapper Tai Sheng. Gongcheng must spend 3-4 orders moving a helper bot up to the fight to rescue her if possible. Turn over.

Example with krit:

Tai Sheng pops out as before, chain-colts several Nox and is immobilized and isolated. Krit spends one order to engineer Tai Sheng back in the game. Zuyong assault continues with 5 man link for 3 more orders...

That's a pretty big difference in order economy to recover from e/m nailing you during your attack. It'll be the difference between getting caught upfield in a bad position or maybe having 3-4 orders to do damage and get back a safe distance from the enemy in a good position. Or potentially having 3-4 more orders to kill stuff...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

All true but why not Haidao ENG for 11pts to 20pts less?

8. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Because you want the Haidao KHD or Sniper, and because Krit has E/Maulers.

9. Space Ranger

I'm not too keen on this. Going with the ones mentioned, Krit, Haido Sniper and KHD, Tai Sheng. The rest is the best I could fit.

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    KOKRAM FTO (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Chain-colt, E/Mauler / 2 Heavy Pistols, Knife. (0 | 39)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    3.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

10. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Feels very "all eggs in one basket"

11. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Screenshot_20190613-075411_Infinity Army Mobile.jpg

While I find him interesting upon my classic playstyle. Zhencha heavy IA falls to my personal taste, Guijia and Krit duo gives me a door kicking team; Altough Manned TAG got some penalties at repairing, still a pet engineer ready to fix him up wherever he goes means a lot.

He's interesting no doubt.

A Mão Esquerda and Stuffist like this.
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's a problem with any 5-strong HI Link Team. *shrug* Dunno what you can do about that but not play a Pain Train list.

Forté likes this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Don't take both the KHD and the sniper in the same list:

Kritical Hit V1

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    KOKRAM FTO (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Chain-colt, E/Mauler / 2 Heavy Pistols, Knife. (0 | 39)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Your run of the mill zuyong paintrain, except you pack E/maulers and an engineer for the ride. One thing to note is that you can totally kamikaze the zhencha/Lu-duan in an E/M template to open a path for the fireteam if needs be since krit can fix them once he gets there with the boys.

Kritical Hit V2

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    DĀOYĪNG (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper, Antipersonnel Mines / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    ZÚYǑNG HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This one is a bit more experimental, I'll need to test it to see if the daoying sniper is worth the sacrifice of both Tac Aw orders. ATM it's a much more defensive list, the fireteam won't push as far without Tai Sheng but I can keep the ennemy at arm's length with a metric ton of mines and E/maulers.

14. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

I'm of two minds about Krit. Part of me really wants to like him because his profile has copped so much flak (but I can understand why people would be underwhelmed). I think Krit does have his place in the IA Roster.

#1 He's a very durable engineer/objective grabber that can operate apart from the main Core Zuyong, Tai Sheng link. Great solo piece for the Xenotech as well with his FD1. Xenotech is "sometimes" hard for IA since a lot of their stuff is linked, REMs or are support pieces that don't really want to move up.

#2 If you link him in, he can play a strong dual role of ARO-Piece and linkable engineer, allowing you the space to free up other parts of the link for different jobs (for example, don't need to take the Haidao linked engineer...in case you wanted to take the Haidao engineer).

Is Krit a clearly strong + undercosted powerhouse? No. But I think he does have his place in the IA ecosystem as a fairly durable solo operator that operates apart from the Zuyong Core, or as a multi-tasking part of the Zuyong Core itself.

Haven't thought about the buddy-cop Krit + Guija Duo, but love the image of it.

Krit would have been infinitely better if you could link the Rui Shi into the Zuyong Core (like Dashat...), but it is what it is.

15. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I own them, painted them and wanna play them──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CCW. (2 | 88) [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. () KOKRAM FTO (Fireteam: Duo) Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Chain-colt, E/Mauler / 2 Heavy Pistols, Knife. (0 | 39) DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29) MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52) HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37) ZHANSHI Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15) ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13) ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12) ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12) WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

I actually really like this list. Was around what I wanted to try when I had seen people tossing around a mowang plus the duo for all of the IA big stick swinging.

#35 holycannoli, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Erbent likes this.
  16. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

LOL. Yeah, this was the final nail in the coffin for me.

17. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Welcome to IA

Forté likes this.
  18. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

I'm actually painting my IA now. Quite like the idea that I won't need many (famous last words).

Following this thread is actually highlighting ways Krit could really support an aggressive pain train. Interesting as when his stats dropped he got quite a bashing.

19. Space Ranger

I’m not sure if anyone else noticed but since Krit counts as a Zuyong and has the Duo Skill, he can also Duo with another Zuyong without the skill. Also, that Zuyong can be replaced by a Wildcard. This comes in handy in Vanilla with a EVO Remote too.

KOKRAM FTO (Fireteam: Duo) Feuerbach, Chain-colt, D-Charges / 2 Heavy Pistols, Knife. (2 | 48)
    ZÚYǑNG Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 29)

ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 30)

20. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Its all so very expensive. If I want an ARO piece and a doctor I'd take a Neuro-YanHuo and a Yisheng for better healing, more burst, better BS and less points.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation