1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB trolling?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If they are looking at the data of Sales vs. Use in a force. They only care about Sales. Doesn't matter if no one is actually using the profile. However, he's on the bottom of my "to get list." The top are things that I both like for the force as well as look good. Of the new Yu Jing, so far for me that's only Daoying. The Hulang is going to need to look really good for me to get. So far, rules-wise, most of the new profiles have been a bit disappointing for me.

Mahtamori and Azuset like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Unlikely. It's pretty clear that they use Automedkit to make certain profiles more expensive with questionable benefit. That would defeat the purpose.

3. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Have we ever received actual confirmation of this? It seems rather absurd the company that *could* just arbitrarily increase the points cost would instead force an overcosted parameter into the profile to keep it expensive.

Ariwch likes this.
  4. Hecaton

It's either that or they have no idea what they're doing. I mean, they're not omnicompetent, CB makes mistakes, but they know what they're doing putting Automedikit on certain profiles.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can only hope they are changing Automedki. I’ve used it in Combined and it kind of meh. But it’s better than a Medic. Fantastic on PH15 Sogorat! But it’s still better to use a doctor. If they had made Krit a Doctor instead of an Engineer I would take him! Nothing but fantastic when you have your link go down to then be brought back by a doctor. I’ve been on the other end of a Jannisary link all being brought back!

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Except that CB tries really hard to keep to a points formula.

Yes, there are times that they have issues getting everything changed, Bolts being the most recent example I can think of. Bolts should have had a cost adjustment when the Uprising stuff dropped, as Aragoto bikers got a new combi+LSG cost. Then Bolts should have gotten another cost adjustment when ColdFront dropped, as Yadu got a new Drop Bear cost.

We can argue about the points for any given equipment being too high, like ARM and CC. But that should be something that is argued as part of the formula, not hand-adjustments for individual models.

My question is why CB was aiming for a 40+pt HI Engineer in a sectorial that can't afford models that expensive!

Tibooper, Azuset and Hecaton like this.
  7. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

They obvs didn't want to be accused of yu jing favouritism and bias.

8. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I actually think the points formula is were the problem starts. Giving out points without looking at synergies is weird in my opinion.

Hecaton likes this.
  9. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Completly agreed here. And they do it sometime. For exemple Hospitalier Knight are clearly undercosted. But they are not owerpowered since they are supposed to be the base of most MO list anyway. Same thing with Zuyong. Same thing with ghazi muttawia.

For exemple, it's a poor decision to create a 12 pts SMG bounty hunter that is going to eclipse all other profils rather than just make the profil 2 pts cheaper in this sectorial. The combi, the boarding and even the sniper or redfury become options worth considering (make them BTS 0 if you need to justify it ...)

CabalTrainee likes this.
  10. Section9

There are some places where the points formula does account for those. Stats get significantly more expensive as they get higher.

But you're right that there are some synergies that haven't been adjusted for cost. Like SMGs.

CabalTrainee and Hecaton like this.
  11. Hecaton

Even in a vacuum, SMGs are undercosted.

12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Are Zyong's clearly undercosted? I've never heard this claim before.

13. Section9

Yeah, I've been saying that they are about 3pts too expensive for a long time now.

Admittedly, that's 3pts too expensive in terms of the army, not in terms of their actual statline. Their actual statline seems about right. 2W is (justifiably, IMO) very expensive in the points formula.

14. Marduck

Well, maybe not undercosted, but very optimized.

Compare this :
    ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)

0 SWC | 27 Points

Open in Infinity Army

And this :
    MOBILE BRIGADA Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

0 SWC | 34 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Could do the same comparing the hospitalier knight and the Orco. I don't think it's an issue though.

Point is that some troopers have very interesting stats and skill for their cost. Which is not an issue as long as they can't do everything and other troopers in the faction with different roles are less optimized.

Who thinks that a 13 pts combi bounty hunter in dashat would break the game ? That's a bargain for sure. But it doesn't change the faction internal balance that much.

15. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Marduck

With all due respect, you're comparing the Zuyong with an universally despised HI. But I will concede that the Zuyong isn't criminal in their costs and they do fine as budget HI (as long as we ignore Riot Grrls), however, I take issue with the statement 'clearly undercosted' which, as much as I agree with the fact that the Zuyong ain't breaking the bank, is a category I would ever place the Zuyongs into (Riot Grrls, Posthumans and the new SMG Jannesary fall in to those categories of undercosted profiles).

16. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

When compared to other Non-Impetuous HI, yes they appear to be undercosted. From memory, it was a pretty common claim when they came out.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Marduck

I don't think mobile brigada are undercosted for what they do. Compare them to Orco, Jannissary or even vet kazak and their cost seem to make sense to me.

The zuyong cost is probably ok with their stats. But the fact they are so optimized, just like hospitalier and riot girl, they completly outshine other regular HI. To make my point, maybe I should have compare them to the regular Invicible HI.

I don't pretend to be an expert as I don't play invincible army, but do you think there is room for the Shang Ji compared to the Zuyong ? If the Zuyong were 1W+NWI that could make sense ...

ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
    SHÀNG JÍ Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 37)

Same with the hospitalier and Orco. But at least they don't play in the same sectorial.

ORC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
    KNIGHT HOSPITALLER Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 32)

Nothing broken here. I'm just having these exemple to show that CB sometime make two very similars troops have different cost.

So they could decide arbitrarily that some troops should cost more or less to have a better balance. They don't need to make these weird SMG profiles everywhere, especially since SMG is such a good weapon. Same thing when they add frenzy (and btw, why frenzy ? Why not just regular impetuous ?).

#417 Marduck, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Urobros and Benkei like this.
  18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be slightly less ridiculous to just hand adjust the costs than having everybody and their dogs having SMGs and/or Frenzy to cheese the point formula. It's kinda sad when you have to cheese your own system.

Hecaton and melkiach like this.
  19. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

When I suggested something like that, I was reminded that Speculo killers have AM too. They should be Disposable(1) for such possibility, I think. Though maybe provide Shock Immunity until Disposed or be cheaper.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Nah, Impersonation should be priced according to the benefit they provide, instead of being cheaper than Superior Infiltration (let alone TO)

WiT? and Hecaton like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation