1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who are these Heroes?

Discussion in 'General' started by InventorofSoup, Mar 29, 2019.

1. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really impressed with that render. She's very very cool.

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Frankly it feels like the people praising this is why we keep getting the same weird, repetitive poses.

Technically speaking? The execution is great. It looks like a finely detailed model.
    Aesthetically speaking? This is bland as hell. It's the same "one gun aimed, one gun lowered" pose we keep seeing, over and over and over again. If you're this desperate for her to have some kind of weird three gun profile? Just sculpt it onto the SMG.

And for anyone wanting to debate that "no it really isn't all over!"
    -Patsy Garnet
    -Krit Kokram
    -Clipsos Redux
    -Khawarjis Mark 12
    -Yadu with HRL
    -Strelok with SMG
    -Hollow Man with Missile Launcher+Chain Colt

And of course there's more down the years, but that many within a relatively recent timespan just goes to show it's kinda ridiculous.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me to shut up or go away or whatever, but that's my opinion. This should be scrapped or reworked. It's not inspiring, it's not anything that I couldn't realistically convert. Isn't the point of this game supposed to be us seeing new heroes and/or sculpts added that wouldn't necessarily be in the "main game"?

Between the exceedingly bland and uninspired characters, the insistence on doing a Kickstarter, and this render?
    I'm safely saying that I am clearly not the target audience.

Golem2God, McNamara and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

What is up with the weapon swap on Uma? Wasn't she holding a rifle in the artwork?

barakiel likes this.
  4. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

In her initial artwork, it seemed like she was holding a multi rifle, but in the more recent art, she is dual-wielding smgs.[​IMG]

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

She throws a grenade she is one of the most natural poses from those you singled out.

Fair for the others, but most are dynamic and have some advantages in painting, or provide a much more interesting pose than the really few possible poses you can have with a huge tube of a weapon and are not repeats.

6. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

No repeats from the same faction.
    7 of how many hundred minis?
    Your argument is fallacious and it boils down to “it’s bad because I don’t like it”.
    You’ve already decided you’re not the target market.
    Further criticism is therefore unnecessary.

I am absolutely the target market. Defiance appears to be exactly what I always wanted from Infinity. I love this render.
    My opinion at a minimum is as valid as yours.

tox and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. kanluwen

Um, what faction do you think Patsy Garnet is?

Also, I didn't count the Echo-Bravo because I felt the Medic "gun" isn't really one--but it still plays into the sculpt style that I mentioned. I also left out all the "gun+random CCW for no real apparent reason" poses.
    7 of the most recent. Like I literally said in my post, I know this has a history beyond that but I shouldn't be able to find 7 that are within the past two years.
    If you want "repeat factions" though?
    Blackjack with AP HMG for Ariadna, Echo-Bravo, Crusader Brethren w/ MR/LFT--again, this is just brief flipping through what I personally own.

And hell, you can trace this as far back as the Swiss Guard w/ ML.
    I don't think you know what a fallacious argument is.
    You don't even know what Defiance is at this point beyond a "dungeon crawler".

Good for you that you "love this render". I expressed my opinion that it's a generic, uninspiring pose that has been far too overused. I picked 7 of the most recent items that I could find, and purposely left out at least one(Echo-Bravo) because I felt that would be a bit generous--and a whole other category. And I still managed to find 7 items with very little difficulty.

If you can't see that my criticism isn't leveled strictly at this product(which, again, we don't really know squat about beyond it will be a "dungeon crawler" and Kickstartered) but rather a seeming attitude of indifference that is creeping in at Corvus Belli?

Well kindly take your "further criticisms" of my posts and keep them to yourself by placing me on ignore. Have a great day!

8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

She is a Shasvastii anyway, and will die once she opens fire.
    True PanOs know where the banana mag must point when holding their weapons, even Angus does (maybe all the army was forced into this because of him).

9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Uhm, do note that the Angus mini has no weapons at all. Not even a knife or pistol. Hmmm.

I like the render. I'm not going to like the Wulver, because Ariadna, or the Nomad, because Nomads and Hacking. The Yu Jing? A ver.

I do like me a co-op dungeon crawler, so the minis are not going to be the main selling point to me. The quality of gameplay will be. Make it fun CB, and I'll buy it and play it, even if it contains minis for factions that I utterly detest. Well, mildly dislike.

#149 Red Harvest, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  10. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

It's a not-uncommon pose, but I think this is my favourite example of the pose, at least in recent memory. Not even sure why, I just think she looks cool.

11. Dragonstriker

I think I’ll just continue to point out your bullshit claims. You can put me on ignore. It’s probably better if you do that rather than continually demonstrating your unjustified arrogance and poor comprehension.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. kanluwen

And another wonderful example of the ever-so inclusive Infinity community rears their head.

It says a lot that your sig is a putdown of anyone who expresses issue with the setting's background which is full of issues but generally gets ignored because not everyone buys the books or really gives a shit about it.

I gave you repeat examples. You chose to ignore them because "you don't care what I own". You chose to ignore that the argument wasn't this exact pose but rather the continually chosen "one gun up, one gun down" that has cropped up more and more of late because of an insistence of WYSIWYG.

And the best part is that you continually try to push that I'm the one giving fallacious examples.

Golem2God, Barrogh and McNamara like this.
  13. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I think my only real issue with the pose is that I really liked the idea of the MULTI Rifle precision striker. I get how the double SMGs is fun, but one of the reasons I like PanO is because they're not an 80s action movie:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Maybe that is the reason she was sent on a suicide mission?

AdmiralJCJF and barakiel like this.
  15. Dragonstriker

Good Lord, you are a silly person!
    1. My sig is a quote from @psychoticstorm in the Uprising thread. If you paid any attention at all, you would know that it’s there so nobody forgets how the criticism of Uprising was responded to; i.e. I’m the person you are defending against me.
    2. You can’t claim the high ground while continuing to move the goalposts.
      You did make the argument that it was the same pose.
    3. I don’t care what you own because it adds no weight to your argument; the poses don’t change because you own multiple factions. The sculptors didn’t choose the poses as a personal insult to you.
    4. Irony; look it up
    A prophet is not respected in his own country, so if you’re going to be one crying as a voice in the wilderness you must expect to be challenged on your hypocrisy.

16. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Another glorious day in forums..

Sometimes it makes me curious; is it that easy to pick up a quarrel with other person?

Robock and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

If your discussion continues, I'll ban you for several days. This is a last call.

Take a breath and come back later. Is no needed to engage in that kind of discussions. You love the miniature? Great! You hate it? So sad, but hey, it's fine. You're looking for playing Defiance? I hope you'll love it! You're not interested on the game? Fantastic, I'm sure there are so many other interesting things for you instead of Defiance. But, c'mon, just drop your opinion and go for other things, no need to start fights.

Thank you.

Pay attention on the coming weeks, more renders will be shown!

#157 Koni, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  18. Dragonstriker

I’m looking forward to seeing them!

19. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

I like that render a lot. Btw what heroes/types you would like to see in stretch goals or addons? I would kill for spetznaz girl. No binoculars-mask, if not obvious sniper. Then more meaty body type.

Balewolf and ZlaKhon like this.
  20. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Ariadna: Spetsnaz/Scout Shotgun girl would be amazing.

Aleph: a crazy new Steel Phalanx Char, based on Myrmidons, very CC oriented.

Haqq: following the Ghazi Fluff, I’d like a worker thats a crew member of the deviance with some unexpected combat abilities thanks to chain rifle and jammer.

PanO: A Pilot type, not relating too heavily to any existing unit. And DEFINITIVELY a Fusilier Angus resculpt (with his bad luck, he ended up on the ship by accident and without Bioandra).

Nomads: A moran or heckler type.

Oyentido, McDevil and Ariwch like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation