1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIRD LI 300pts for Firefight, Safe Area and Biotechvore

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by mauriciorjbr, Jun 9, 2019.

1. mauriciorjbr

mauriciorjbr Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey all

I'll be playing in a 300pts LI tournament in about a month, with firefight, biotechvore and safe area as missions.

I'm planning on building the lists around Cutter, as I think he can thin down my opponent quickly in direct gunfights, and with only 10 orders, I can make it count.

To back him up, for firefight and biotechvore, I plan a kamau Harris, a machinist and kamau hrl. For safe area, I'll switch the kamau Harris for Patsy. A ZC killer hacker will provide hacking cover.

For the rest of the group, I thought about bringing a kamau sniper core, or maybe a kamau + 2 fusileers and another ZC, this time with sensors, as if I jam someone, it'll hurt the opponent's order pool.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

The cutter supported with a Zulu khd and a machinist seems like a way to go. I wonder if this is an opportunity to bring a couple of orcs along with your Kamau sniper in the other core. An hmg or Feuerbach could be pretty brutal against hardened targets in a limited insertion event.

Actually, in my mind, because of the likelyhood of heavy infantry fireteams and TAGs, the crocman assault hacker is a serious consideration for a limited insertion format.

mauriciorjbr and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  3. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Got to love it when a stupid phone browser lags and leads to a double post...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Rather than leaning into the Haris I think you are better off keeping the Machinist safe and instead lean into the Zulu Cobras. Something like this:

Varuna Immediate Reaction Division
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    CUTTER MULTI HMG / . (2.5 | 115)
    [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    MACHINIST (Varuna Div.) (CH: Mimetism, Stealth, Aquatic Terrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    ZULU-COBRA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    ZULU-COBRA Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

sirsagrell and yoink101 like this.
  5. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I run something VERY similar, but instead of the Fusilier Hacker, I run a Fusilier LGL in the link, I make the ZC Sensor a ZC Sensor LT (though YMMV on that) and run a Kamau HMG instead of the ZC Spitfire. I usually run the Kamau HMG unlinked, but will sub him into the link once the Sniper goes down.

mauriciorjbr and yoink101 like this.
  6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I feel like the Zulu-Cobra is such a popular Lt option that the Fusilier becomes a pretty solid "hidden" Lt choice.

I have to admit to being somewhat torn on the ZC Spitfire vs the Kamau HMG, I quite like both but they actually fill pretty different tabletop roles.

7. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That's entirely valid, but I think it very much depends on what you're planning to use your ZC Sensor for. If you're using him as an aggressive piece to capitalize on camo'd surprise shot triangulated fire assault pistol use then Lt isn't for him (as I've been using mine in this role a lot lately, I've been giving Lt to the Fusilier instead). But particularly if you know you're facing a lot of regular camo, I like to have him hang back and trigger dropped sniffers using his Lt order.

I haven't tried the Spitfire option. My opponents have been playing against enough VIRD, though, that they now look at my deployment and go, "Those two camo markers in the DZ are Helots. One of the FD camo tokens is a ZC with Jammer and the other is a ZC KHD." It'd be pretty funny to rock up with 2 ZC Spitfires and let loose.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation