1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB trolling?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Second chances are a time-honored thing in Chinese literature.

Judge Dee's assistants are all former bandits, for example. He kicked their butts and gave them a chance to serve him while following the rules, or as Magistrate he'd have to punish them for their crimes.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

• USER WARNED: INSULTING LANGUAGE
    I was like... sure ok well let's tell Krit to fuck off and just Wildcard a Tinbot in for the Guijia because that's going to be alot more useful to it than a massively overcosted Engineer.

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    SHÀNG JÍ (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CCW. (2 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()

2.5 SWC | 131 Points

Sure. Then I thought about it for about 5 more seconds and remembered the Guijia is overpriced garbage that can't keep up with anything because the faction can get a Burst 5 BS14 HMG for either way less points or basically the same cost with extra bodies and NCO depending on how you feel like building the Haris.

GROUP 1[​IMG][​IMG]3
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) MULTI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)

2.5 SWC | 132 Points

I honestly wasn't expecting them to buff the Guijia because they're idiots who don't really know what they're doing, but god damn am I disappointed everytime they fail to do so.

3. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Tai Sheng can't go with a Yan Huo haris without the Shang Ji haris wildcard providing the haris skill. Remember the Haris is 2 Yan Huos and a Zhoung. But yes your points about the guijia are valid

4. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

The profile is live in army.
    Must admit I simply don't care at the moment. Not gonna plan with him in my lists, not gonna buy the model (I use the limited crane for Tai Sheng).
    Overall a very uninspiring update.

5. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This must be a mistake.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

12 freaking points more than a base Zuyong combi...

Blech.

Let's see here, Automedikit is 4pts, Engineer is 4pts, E/Mitter is ~2pts, E/Mauler is 1pt. And he's +1CC, +1WIP, Kinematika L2, and Courage. So pricing checks out. I really think that the Automedikit should be dropped, it's of dubious value and lots of points.

But why did CB want a ~40pt HI engineer? IA has enough trouble bringing in all the necessary tools for a game as it is!

archon likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think Automedikit should be changed to be useful instead. For 4 points, I'd say it should [optional automatic] on entering Unconscious (like a more sophisticated adrenaline syringe automatically stabbing your heart) and should otherwise provide a MOD to Doctor rolls. Regeneration is kind of in the same boat.
    Both should be compatible with CT reroll.

That said, he's not got the gear necessary to take the sectorial from bottom tier to top tier anyway so I'd honestly send him back to the drawing board where hopefully Shang-Ji and Guijia are already, even though fundamentally these three units are not the Problem with the capital P, but the problem can be found in the sub-30 fireteams and skirmisher units.

Section9 and ambisinister like this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Ah good point I forgot about that.

Personally I'd probably be more likely to just cheapen the link up and run something like this instead

[​IMG]3
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) MULTI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)

2.5 SWC | 113 Points

If the lack of a DTW truly is a problem swap the Zuyong for a Shang Ji. The Yan Huo Haris was something I wanted to play around with but Dahshat came along and swept my attention away for the moment.

#368 Triumph, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  9. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Look, you can be dissapointed as much as you want with every thing we do. But it's time to stop using innapropiate language and insulting people.

10. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Nevertheless his profile is a bit disappointing.

Before Uprising I was getting all CB releases for the armies I play but nowadays I just buy miniatures with profiles I use. Sadly I see no reason to buy Krit for IA or vanilla, even though I like the miniature itself and Krit's fluff.

11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Apples an oranges in that haris comparison mate.
    S7 6-4 3W ARM8/11 in its strike piece, compared to whats effectively 4-2 S5 ARM5/8. Sure the B5 is analogous to the DAM16 but the haris overall is significantly slower than the Guija Duo.

That guija duo is actually really nice, a TAG with a Tinbot B on top of its BTS6 is impressive and the DTW watching the TAGs back is the best thing both the Tikbalang (mines) and Seraph (Auxbot) have access too. getting it with a free order is no slouch

12. Mahtamori

It's not exactly free.

It's 3 points extra, restricted to specific loadouts that all cost SWC, that can be spent only on the model it is attached to, and tactically it inflates the target value of the model in question which can lead to some impressive resilience problems on unlucky ARM saves. The saving grace is that you can bust the 10-order cap in an order group, otherwise it'd been a pretty bad deal compared to a 10 point Fusilier order that doesn't have to be anywhere near the Tikbalang.

This is not a complaint or criticism, I'm just noting that the rule makes adding such a model much more of an interesting choice than you'd have at face value.

13. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Im not comparing the Guija to a tikbalang. Im comparing it to the yan Hao haris.

But the 3 pts are duly noted.

14. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Wasn't he bs14 before or am I imagining it?

15. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

Is Krit-Guija Duo legit only for IA or to vanila with evo too?

16. Mahtamori

Vanilla doesn't have any Sectorial Army List to give you Special Fireteam Duos, so it's legal for IA only.
    When using EVO the skill program makes use of a passage of text (that doesn't exist for Haris, for example) that I have bolded below from the Duo state in order to allow you to form the Fireteam Duo (since TeamPro dictates you form the Fireteam using standard rules, the program itself is insufficient). Any other Fireteam relies solely on a copy paste the latter, unbolded, part of that sentence.

Both members of the Fireteam: Duo must belong to the same unit, or those combinations of units indicated on their Sectorial Army List.

P.s. I should add that this strict rules mechanical interpretation is not universally shared, but that it still arrives at the samr outcome that the interpretation that f.ex. IJW has (where the interpretation is that TeamPro is sufficient and that the Sectorial Army List is exclusive to dictating which Fireteams of any kind are allowed)

#376 Mahtamori, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    gorin likes this.
  17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I think you're remembering the WIP, rather than the BS.

ObviousGray and Mahtamori like this.
  18. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

And Tai Sheng has BS14

19. gorin

gorin Well-Known Member

Why we should ignore this part?

20. Mahtamori

Vanilla doesn't have a Sectorial Army List.

toadchild and ijw like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation