1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plast Craft Yu Jing Table

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by SupersexyJohn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SupersexyJohn

SupersexyJohn Well-Known Member

So I decided I am going to build the table from the promos of the Yu Jing table. I bought the first 3 buildings for it. This is going look awesome when it is done! I will be buying multiples of the same building and I don't want to use the same billboards and ads for each. What does everyone think I should use to keep it looking the same?

[​IMG]

chromedog, jherazob and Zewrath like this.
  2. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Look on the internet for images that you find enought infinity and print them with good paper or sticker paper. With a bit of plascard you can make very decent ads.

Belgrim, SupersexyJohn and jherazob like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You could also raid MAS for adboards.

And honestly, many other companies make some variety of ads.

If you're going to make them yourself, look for classic cyberpunk images, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, etc.

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

If you want different holos, don't use sticky paper, print them onto white paper and take to a copy shop. Get them copied onto transparency film (2x per ad you want). Unless you have a laser printer and the right films and you can DIY. (Use the right ones for your copier. Wrong ones run the risk of melting inside the printer and killing it.)

There was a mostly plastcraft table being played on at my club's 92 player event on the weekend. I didn't get photos of it, because it got set up on the saturday morning (most of the shots I got were friday afternoon setup).

Belgrim, SupersexyJohn and jherazob like this.
  5. SupersexyJohn

Those are great ideas! I do love the other holo ads from other companies, but I wanted them to be similar in style and size. I think I will take the route of finding my own and using the transparency film. I finished building them and I have to say I love them even more. I was surprised how small the boxes are. Without further ado here they are!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

edited: I deleted them from my google photos and didn't realize that would block them here!

#5 SupersexyJohn, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Demotron, Belgrim, Golem2God and 4 others like this.
  6. SupersexyJohn

I just ordered my next batch!!! Miniature Market sent me a restock email and I couldn't resist. They were out of the Shopping center unfortunately. There has only been few terrain pieces that has made me this excited. These buildings and the Tinkerturf terrain. Don't get me wrong I love a lot of other terrain but I don't have the time or patience to get it to the paint level as other people on here. As an example I built a full modular city for 40k using the original GW buildings and TTcombat gothic scenery but that has stayed unpainted for years!

upload_2019-6-21_13-55-36.png

7. SupersexyJohn

I also backed the Laser Terrain Co city board. So that should look really good with these buildings.
    upload_2019-6-21_14-14-57.png

Belgrim, Golem2God, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  8. SupersexyJohn

I got the next group of buildings, bridges, and stairs done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I want each of the "same" building to be slightly different.
    The armory I am going to get a different Billboard and I put the ladder in a different spot.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    For the Yellow building I didn't put on the top fan and I will get a different billboard also.
    [​IMG]
    For the Sushi building I flip flopped the sides, and roof. I will also get different billboards.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    On a side note I wish there was a way to flip flop the back stairs.
    [​IMG]
    For the next one I might make is so the ladder goes straight up and put the railing on the right side.

9. chromedog

I moved the ladder to the roof around to one side on mine.
    But I also extended the walkway around to the side in order to do that.
    [​IMG]
    But I also changed the upper roof piece because the corflute wasn't cut quite right (the corrugated plastic board) to 3mm foamed pvc.

I also lit it up.
    [​IMG]

However, I have a supplier of foamed PVC sheet not far from where I live, and it's cheaper to use than foamcore.

10. SupersexyJohn

That is awesome! I didn't think about having the walkway go around. I will be stealing that idea. On at least one of each building type I plan on buying two and cutting them up to make them 3 stories high. Another idea that I keep going back and forth on is platforms. Obviously they are not going to sale the ones from the promo pictures. I was thinking about buying the ones they did make and use the buildings I cut up for the walls.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. chromedog

The little (brown) structure around the side fits a dumpster into it - which can be moved out to provide more scatter terrain.

I've got a few other pieces on order, but will also be using those as a guide to add a few more buildings to my board.

SupersexyJohn likes this.
  12. SupersexyJohn

Slightly off topic, but I played 40k this weekend, but wanted to show off my terrain here.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Space Ranger likes this.
  13. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your Google drive hosted image are not forum friendly :/

chromedog likes this.
  14. SupersexyJohn

That is disappointing. I was going to be lazy and not upload them anywhere else. I will put them in my Photobucket and fix it later today.

When I was putting away the terrain I remembered the core space terrain from Battle systems had some signs. So I added them to the Sushi Corner building.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. SupersexyJohn

When I use a computer I can see the images, but when I use my phone I can't. Google is weird! Round 2 and fingers crossed!!!
    upload_2019-7-9_16-19-42.png
    upload_2019-7-9_16-20-24.png
    upload_2019-7-9_16-20-44.png upload_2019-7-9_16-21-5.png upload_2019-7-9_16-21-42.png upload_2019-7-9_16-22-1.png upload_2019-7-9_16-22-30.png upload_2019-7-9_16-22-47.png upload_2019-7-9_16-23-11.png upload_2019-7-9_16-23-30.png

Berjiz, Oyentido, Koin-Koin and 4 others like this.
  16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you care or not, but both of those are explicitly Japanese signs (so they work together).

And it has been way, way too long since I tried to translate anything... :flushed:

17. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

My understanding here is that, on your computer's browser, you're logged on your google drive account, not on your mobile's browser.
    As your pic on Gdrive are not shared, they can't be seen.
    A good way to checked if links are tied to an authentication is to open the page in a private tab.
    For your defence, the forum has its own issue.

jherazob likes this.
  18. SupersexyJohn

That is good. I was just hoping they match. I was kinda curious what they said though.

Ok that makes sense! The second time I used a snipping tool and that looks like that works.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  19. SupersexyJohn

I placed an order from Miniature Market for 3 shopping centers and Fedex lost my package...

20. SupersexyJohn

I see all my pictures except the ones I used a snipping tool are blurred out. I guess I will only use the snipping tool from now on. The forum is to smart for me! I played around yesterday and switched up some of the signs on the duplicate buildings.
    upload_2019-12-4_8-4-38.png upload_2019-12-4_8-5-27.png

I ordered 12 buildings on Black Friday. The tracking says it will get here next Monday. So I will have more buildings to show off. My plans for 2 of the sushi corners is do one with only the close windows and the other with only the counters.

Also here is a link to my photobucket with all the blurred out pictures.
    https://beta.photobucket.com/u/Supersexyjohn/a/4ef707d3-646b-48a3-a077-2c11ba5f94a5

Demotron, Xeurian, chromedog and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation