1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strategic Deployment and Fireteam creation timings

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Barrogh, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's possible I misunderstood entire Fireteam creation thing, but it doesn't hurt to clarify it too, then.

AFAIK creation of Fireteam is performed after all models it is supposed to include are already on the table. At that point you appoint Team Leader and make Coherency check.

So technically, how does Strategic Deployment confer benefits of Forward Deployment to Fireteam members if they must be deployed before being assigned to a Fireteam, and so before getting improved deployment rules?

Or do you just re-deploy those troopers afterwards, accordingly to newly acquired rules?

BLOODGOD likes this.
  2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Strategic Deployment says that the skill owner must be placed first on the board, with FD, and then you place the rest of the fireteam with FD. So, using this skill does restrict you a bit more than usual fireteam creation during deployment.

inane.imp likes this.
  3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I know, but I was under impression that nothing can be a part of fireteam before being placed on a table. If anything, I don't think something not on table can pass a coherency check that is required right after placing Team Leader marker.

4. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

it cannot pass, but it also can't fail it even when it is on the table. Say you declare a fireteam, place a model, check ZoC, find he's out of ZoC, coherency is not failed (which would result in being out for fireteam and wait on your active turn to spend a token), rather you just adjust his position. The rule says to check and adjust coherency during the deployment phase. (with the exception if checking during reserve, only the reserve can be adjusted but no one else).

#4 Robock, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  5. pseudonymmster

I don't believe you get to readjust the reserve model.

"However, this adjustment is not allowed regarding the last figure kept back as reserve, nor during the deployment of that model (or models if any rule, Special Skill, piece of Equipment... allows to kept back several in reserve)."

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Coherency#DEPLOYMENT_PHASE_COHERENCY_CHECK

6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i see. I always thought "this adjustment" referred to moving other troopers so they are all inside ZoC, but it looks like the last model(s) itself can't be re-positioned during its own deployment.

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That's correct - you don't get to adjust anyone when deploying the reserve.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation