1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uhm... things might've gone out of hand a little...

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Varsovian, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

So, lately I was looking at my bookshelves, with all these Infinity boxes on them... then, I did some counting... and it hit me:

My Infinity buying really got out of hand at some point, didn't it?

Right now, I have ALEPH, Haqqislam, Nomads (oh, so many Nomads...), as well as some Mercs and most of the Druze mini-sectorial. Overall, I own 200+ Infinity minis...

Considering that my usual tempo of painting is one mini a week, it seems that it might take me over 4 years to paint all this stuff. If I refrain from painting and just keep assembling, I'll still take over a year to assemble all of these minis...

Yeah, maybe I got a bit too enthusiastic about this hobby... :open_mouth:

Or maybe not? How many minis do you own, people?

ChoTimberwolf, Cothel and Abydog like this.
  2. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Have you played a game yet?

Keyrott, Superfluid, n21lv and 8 others like this.
  3. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Nope!!!

But I hope to - soon, as soon as my chosen mini transporation bag arrives...

4. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

I’ve got a quite diverse selection of Aleph minis - all painted up.

A nomad project that’s gone into a slump - and I should probably pawn them off.

A lot of terrain that needs paint.

An Ariadna werewolf project that just waits for me to put in the order.

But most of my painting goes towards other stuff at the moment.

Luckily I really wouldn’t want to play anything but my Aleph anyway :)

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Well, I've started Acontecimento, and since this left me with some Naga minis I've started Vedic-centric Aleph as my second army.

Then I had an occasion to buy some Phalanx on the cheap, so that got into the mix as well.

In search of something that plays completely different I've started Shasvastii. They're mostly shelved for now, waiting for the rebalance, though I might use them more often. They're fun to play.

In the meantime I've got quite a lot MO and vanilla PanO units, which I've started to sell off recently. Aside from SAA I'm not having fun with current PanO.

And I'm looking for something else to add to my collection this year. Maybe IS, as I already have Aleph and few IS units (Hsien HMG, Crane LE, Ninjas), or might just go for JSA, who knows.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Started back many moons ago intending to buy Haqq starter.

Bought PanO, next week bought Nomads, next three months bought Haqq Starter.

Fast forward a few years I've rotated through all of them including ISS (old ISS). Sold all of them and now play glorious Combined Army.

The game is very accessible for new factions and stuff. It's great!

Stiopa likes this.
  7. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

*Looks sideways at his second Red Veil Starter, his four Feldherr bags full of assembled and primed miniatures, his suitcase with a Bandua Nepo-Oimiakon Table Bundle, and the unassembled Objective Room he won from the Wotan Haqqislam Prize giveaway; then looks to the Kingdom Death Monster Core Game and minis waiting for magnetizing...* I don't know, I think you're just one of us...

cazboab and theGricks like this.
  8. DruidNei

DruidNei Well-Known Member

Started with Nomads few years ago. Now those 30+ Nomads are mostly based and primed waiting to be painted someday. Then I've bought something like 25-30 Vedic Aleph models. Those are still bare metal. I'm waiting till sectorial hits to decide whether to expand or sell those.

End of last year I was given Morat starter and it has grown into about 20 Morats in various state of painting and assembly. Let's not go into details about two full WFB armies that I've never painted.

This hobby makes you buy way more things than you will ever finish.

DukeofEarl, Barrogh and Golem2God like this.
  9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

True so true. Except with me the problems is coming up with alot of conversion ideas but wither not having the bits or the skill needed to complete them. Too many ideas floating in my mind that I would like to become reality.

10. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

It’s quite simple. Stop buying minis, when you’ve got stuff waiting for paint :)

11. Masterofmelee

Masterofmelee Japanese Secessionist
    Warcor

You my friend have an Iron Will!!! ;)

Belgrim and Golem2God like this.
  12. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Funny enough, I usually try to do that unless I have about 85%-90% done with something. Sometimes it does not happen, but usually I keep to it.

regelridderen and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  13. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Oh sweet summer child....

*looks at the THREE full Red Veil 2 player starters, 2x QK starters, 1x EXTRA Haqq Red Viel Starter, and 2x Red Viel Expansions*

I went through a "I NEED THIS FOR CONVERSIONS!" phase and had more money than sense...PS I gave away, NOT sold, the Yu Jing Portions to a friend who wanted to start Yu Jing.

At One point I had Ariadna, Aleph, Yu Jing, Pano MO, Nomads. I sold all but Aleph, and bought all current releases for Haqq back when the new Maggy released. That was a LOOOOONG period of painful building....

14. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

I’m reforming my ways to be honest.

I still have more stuff bought than painted for my Nomads but I am on a strict sell more than 3 times the value on eBay of old stuff I will never use before buying more stuff.

15. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you are doing it right

16. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I have most of Aleph and most of Nomads. They're both sitting around 1/3rd ish painted, fortunately that means I can fiend mostly or fully painted armies because of infinities small scale. I also tend to prioritize painting my favorite profiles...

Anyway I don't own anywhere near too many models... thats not possible!

17. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I have models from every faction. Although I’m trying to sell my Ariadna atm because they’re the faction I’m least interested in (although I do like the Russian stuff so I might end up buying them when they come out!)

Teslarod likes this.
  18. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Willpower combined with rigid self-discipline. :D

Comes from starting gaming when I had a job that didn't pay that well. You learn to only buy the stuff you will use.
    Did it for so many years that when I DID get a job that paid much better, the habit was already so ingrained, it's hard to break.

Bright side is that I don't have a backlog of hundreds of minis to assemble and paint, so there's no real downside.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  19. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

*looks in shame at his dozen morat models that have never seen the table*

Belgrim likes this.
  20. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

build your rodoks

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation