1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aristeia! Uptake in the UK

Discussion in 'News' started by thephantomartist, May 29, 2019.

1. thephantomartist

thephantomartist New Member

I'm curious as to how popular the game is in the UK. I picked it up on release (collector's edition), went all in on the acrylic walls and alternate bases but couldn't find a game and wound up selling for far less than I'd invested. Seeing the guys over at Battlehammer playing I thought I'd give it another go and so bought the base game and all the first loads of expansions. I've tried at least 4 clubs within sensible driving distance and they have either never heard of it or nobody is interested in playing.

I emailed my local Warcor yesterday to see if there were any upcoming events (Wayland games used to hold semi regular events and is about an hour and a half's drive from me, but I'd be prepared to do that for a day of gaming) and he replied with the following:

"I’ve been trying to get a few more into it but it says that in our area people are saturated with other interests and so it is unlikely we will run any/many AGL events."

I take part in a Tabletop Simulator tourney, but it's not the same as meeting new peopleface to face and playing with models. Is it worth me hanging on or should I just sell up and find another game to play?

2. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

If your local store has a facebook group try offering to demo the game to people, its a fairly easy game to get people hooked on

3. Dayman

Dayman Member

Due to work and family commitments I don't get to gaming clubs much, but like you I'd be happy to travel for tournament days.
    That said I haven't seen any advertised in my neck of the woods. (Durham/Newcastle)
    That said, Ive brought it along to work board games nights and the guys have loved it. It seems to me to have a very high conversion rate (people trying it and loving it) but it's the getting people to try it in the first place that's the problem.

I think what CB have done with foreign company/soldiers of fortune is a good call, and they could do with pushing that further.
    By lowering the barrier to entry for current infinity players, (downloadable dashboards, and maps of the hexadome) people could use their existing minis (if they have SOF for foreign company etc) to try it out without the need for purchase of the core box.

That could work for existing Infinity players anyway. Not sure what to do for board game players to hook them in. Hopefully the positive reviews will speak for themselves over time.

4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

If you're on eastern end of the M62 we play in and around hull.got a small meta but enough to run small leagues and events of 6 players

5. Ramphus

Ramphus Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

I am in the process of arranging some tournaments in the midlands (Nottingham area) - I am just waiting for the venue to confirm and then I will post up dates and so on :)

A fw of of are also playing in Nottingham, I also know of a group in London, and a few players in Stockport.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation