1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are fireteam restrictions adding value

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by spears, Apr 10, 2019.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I remember when I had my interview with White Noise, and they were so shocked that I played 4 games at a 5 game event against Vanilla armies...

While using a Vanilla army.

2. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Was that at INZO last year?

I think I played all 5 games vs vanilla armies there and was one of the vanilla armies you played.

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yep, at INZO.

The only Sectorial I played was @Vaulsc with his Imperial Service in the last round.

4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Most of the top 5 and top 10 potent armies for Season 1 are Vanilla Factions.
    Guess that makes the White Noise Meta the irregular one?

Fireteams getting crazier and crazier might just be an indicator that Vanilla is getting out of hand and CB are trying to make Sectorials that can keep up.

5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I don't disagree, but what would be your top 5 or top 10 potent armies?

And what is the White Noise Meta?

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Not mine, I'm talking about ITS overall statistics. Winrate and average tournament points earned.

The White Noise guys being surprised about people playing Vanilla Factions in tournaments makes them /their meta the irregularity as Vanilla Factions are the most popular overall.

meikyoushisui and ZlaKhon like this.
  7. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Mine were all against vanilla as well except for starco in round 4. I was also a vanilla boy.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

From my understanding there were only 3 of the 18 players running sectorials. But at NatCon it was 13 of the 19 players, so I'm not sure INZO was particularly indicative of the meta.

9. SKOZZOKONZ

Only 3 vanilla at natcon? Does that count toha as a sectorial because they have fire teams?

10. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

3 of 18 running sectorials at 2018 INZO. 13 of 19 running sectorials at 2019 NatCon

11. SKOZZOKONZ

Right, I misread.

12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think Vanilla should get a severely limited fireteam. Meaning only 1 and can even be a special fireteam that must be made up of those exact number of troops.

The troop should only be the base troop for each and must be made up of 5 troops. No wild cards or add on. That’s it! The team cannot reform if the link breaks. Sort of how it is in Ikari.

PanO: Fusiliers
    Yu Jing: Zhanshi
    Ariadna: Line Kazak
    Haqqislam: Ghulam
    Nomads: Alquciles
    Combined: Morats
    Aleph: Dakini

I think this would encourage using these figures and is a good way to get new people into doing other more complicated sectoral. Many might take them to be just defensive troops but that’s kind of what they are. Also, you don’t have to take them at all. There’s going to be many times you are not going to want 5 of that troop.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more factions with more interesting options than "core plus Haris plus duos." Foreign Company with Enotomarchos or Triad for example!

Tourniquet and McNamara like this.
  14. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

There are more tools becoming more widely available for dealing with Fireteams. Jammers, Dazers, White Noise, AD without a template. In general Fireteams are becoming something that is more an additional tool than a full force multiplier.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation