1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariadna mountain outpost (Hidden base - WIP)

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Imp, May 22, 2019.

1. Imp

Imp Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ! For my first post on this forum (yeah !) I want to show you my Infinity table. I work on it since November, I have post some pictures on the Infinity french forum and I do the same here if it can provide some inspiration.

The idea is that the base undergoes Antipode assaults (or other joyfulness of Ariadna's trade conflict) which explains the decrepit state of the outside but that the heart of the base (at least his entrence) remains operational. The table allows movements on the outside and inside and prevents snipers from locking the table. The table is divided into two parts: an outdoor jungle field that represents the surrounding forest, and the entrance to a hidden base in a mountain, like cheyenne moutain in Stargate SG-1(best serie ever ^^).

The table is almost finish (we can play on it) I need to take pick attention on detail, ad an Ariadna logo, and other little stuff really helpful for the atmosphere on the table. In term of gameplay I need build stairs to offer a better acces to the top of the table, and maybe make a watch tower somewhere (or a two level building for the courtyard). Enjoy the pictures !

Step one (November : 3 day work)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 2 : (January : 5 day work // painting and tree)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3
    (March : Building and Painting of the courtyard) The table was in disposition for his first battle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

The table looks awesome! I would love to play on it.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Agreed!

I do have a couple suggestions for the walled area:
    • razor wire coils on top of the walls, and running up the face of the cliffs to the overlooks. You can buy etched brass razor wire from Secret Weapon Miniatures, (edit)~$16(/edit) will give you enough to do the entire table. Just mind those edges, it really is razor wire and the points will catch on EVERYTHING. Don't worry about cutting yourself on it, the brass razor wire isn't stiff enough to cut skin.
    • add sandbags or something to partially repair the breaches in the wall.

#3 Section9, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  4. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'm getting a big Metal Gear vibe from this. Very nicely done.

I agree with Section9, some temporary "repairs" for the gaps in the wall would add to the feel. I would also add debris around the gaps to make them look more recent. (Unless you're going for an older gaps feel)

5. Imp

Imp Well-Known Member

Thank you for the comments !

Actually, the barbed wire is in my plan, that's part of the details that I have to add to the table. I also think to make additions for parts of walls destroyed but surely mobile reinforcement to vary a bit configurations, and probably less than an S2 to allow access to the yard.

Section9 likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing it finished!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation