1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ES]/[EN] Prospecciones en el borde de la humanidad 2019 PROYECT.

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by mikgar, May 19, 2019.

1. mikgar

mikgar Well-Known Member

English below.

Orbital Industries es una de las principales empresas aeroespaciales de Yu Jing, su privilegiada posición entre las industrias asiáticas fue fruto de los años de investigación en tecnología grabitacional en el albor de la exploración de los agujeros de gusano. Actualmente es conocida en toda la esfera humana gracias a la fuerte inversión que realizó en el equipo de Aristeia! homónimo que luce el logo de Orbital y los colores morados en los hexadomes de las ultimas dos temporadas de AGL y en el circuito AEC!

No obstante orbital no es solo entretenimiento, gran parte de su éxito proviene de las patentes aeroespaciales y su fuerte investigación en nuevas fuentes de energía e ingeniería inversa de tecnología alienígena. Y hoy precisamente nos encontramos en una de sus laboratorios ultra secretos, al que hemos podido acceder gracias a Mikgar, responsable de propaganda de Orbital Inc. ¡Acompañanos!

- “Vince McMahogany en Nanoides, el programa que te muestra las entrañas de Aristeia!”

ORBITAL5.png

Tras esta introducción os quiero presentar mi primer proyecto gordo de escenografía, a desarrollar durante todo este año. Crearemos una mesa de juego de Infinity temática paso a paso e intentaré ir documentando semanalmente los progresos en este hilo.

Hoy la presentación.

Todo surgió tras ver la escenografía de la serie Cósmica de Warsenal, flechazo directo. Tengo una filia con la exploración espacial, películas, series, el trasfondo de infinity, me flipa.
    Así que tenia que hacerme con una mesa de Cósmica, si o si.

Aproveche el Black Friday pasado y me hice con unos cuantos kilos de madera desde Estados Unidos, concretamente 23.
    cajote.jpg

Así que después de esa inversión no pensaba montarla y pintarla sin más, había que ir mas allá.

En este hilo quiero ir recogiendo mis progresos, pediros ayuda o consejo para proseguir y en definitiva construir una mesa de juego y cerrar el año con el máximo de elementos posibles con la misma ambientación. Intentaré publicar los sábados el progreso semanal.

Empezaremos con la estructura de la propia mesa que serán tableros de contrachapado decorados para representar la superficie de un planeta árido tipo marte. Posteriormente le daremos a los kits de Warsenal propiamente, pintado y montaje (será largo, tienen muchísimos detalles) y posteriormente me dedicare a hacer otros elementos caseros grandes y pequeños: coberturas para el juego, grandes accidentes geográficos, lo que se nos vaya ocurriendo para mejorar la mesa. Quien sabe quizás encontremos la tecnología extraña que estamos buscando en el planeta, o suframos un ataque alienígena, es el año alíen en Infinity...

En fin al tajo, ¡Nos leemos!

[​IMG]

Orbital Industries is one of the leading aerospace companies of Yu Jing, its privileged position among Asian industries was the result of years of research in grabitational technology in the age of the exploration of human esfere wormholes. Currently is well known thanks to the strong investment that Orbital made in Aristeia! Orbital logo and the purple colors figth every weekend in the hexadomes of the Human Spheren the last two seasons of AGL and in the AEC!

However, orbital is not just entertainment, its success comes from aerospace patents and its strong research into new sources of energy and reverse engineering of alien technology.

Today we are in one of its top secret laboratories, which we have been able to access thanks to Mikgar, Orbital Inc. Marketing manager. Come with us!

- "Vince McMahogany in Nanoides, the show that shows you Aristeia! insigths"
    ORBITAL5.png

First of all sorry for my english, I will be using Google translator and my own corrections to do de English part of the post, but dont be afraid to participate, I can read and understan english although I will need some tricks for write this post. After this introduction I want to present my first attempt to design a thematic Infinity table. And I will try to go documenting the progress in this thread weekly step by step.

Presentation:

Everything start after seeing the scenery of Warsenal Cosmica series, I fell in love. I have something especial with the space exploration, movies, series, the background of infinity...
    So I had to get a Cosmica table, yes or yes.

Last years Black Friday I purchase and recive in spain a few kilos of wood from the United States, 23Kg of Cosmica.
    cajote.jpg

So, after that investment, I must do a very good job asembling, painting and made a great table.

In this thread I want to collect my progress, ask for help or advice to continue and finaly build a game table and finish the 2019 year with as many elements as possible with the espacial exploration thematic. I will try to publish weekly my progress on Saturdays.

We will start with the structure of the table itself, which will be plywood panels decorated to represent the surface of an arid planet like Mars. Later I will try to get the warsenal kits properly painted and assembled (It will be dificult, they have a lot of details) and later I will dedicate myself to making other big and small household items: coverage for the game, big geographical accidents, whatever we can think of to improve the table. Who knows, maybe we will find the strange technology that we are looking for, or we suffer an alien attack, 2019 is the alien year in Infinity ...

Let´s do this!

timberfox, Krofna, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  2. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

¡Hostras! Ya hay ganas de verla acabada y de que me invites un día a catarla.

mikgar likes this.
  3. mikgar

mikgar Well-Known Member

Inspiración:

Lo primero que me planteo terminar es el tablón sobre el que asentará la escenografía. Muchas veces es una de las partes olvidadas y que pude deslucir el resto de elementos y no quería que me pasara lo mismo. Aunque hoy en día hay unos tapetes flipantes con muchísimos detalles y con neopreno que te protegen las miniaturas, voy a optar por hacer una mesa de juego fija con unos tableros modulares ya que así me permitirá texturizarla mucho más e incluir más detalles.

Así que aprovechando esa ventaja que podemos tener con una base fija lo primero que hay que hacer es buscar la inspiración e imágenes de referencia.

Afortunadamente gracias a la NASA y el proyecto InSigth tenemos un montón de imágenes reales del suelo de marte, lo cual es genial. Voy a copiarlo y a intentar reproducirlo, siempre manteniendo la idea de que es una mesa de juego y tiene que ser practicable para las miniaturas, así que eminentemente tendremos que usar grandes planos y no puedo meter mucha rocosidad para que no sufra el juego.

Pero como se puede ver, en Marte hay mucha, mucha arena, rocas desperdigadas, rocas muy laminadas, desniveles tipo duna, montañas. Y poco cráter, a pesar de lo que hemos visto miles de veces en la escenografía de workshop.

En los siguientes pasos veréis los dos elementos principales que voy a agregar a los tablones, inspirado en las imágenes: una zona de borde de cráter: que no va a ser ni una sexta parte de la circunferencia, porque los cráteres en marte son muy grandes. Y una zona rocosa pero plana, practicable para las miniaturas.

Aquí unas cuantas fotos que usaremos de inspiración:
    [​IMG]

Inspiration:

The first thing I want to finish is the plank on which the scenery will settle. Many times it is one of the forgotten parts in scenary. And that could tarnish the rest of the elements and I dont want the same thing happen to me. Although today there are a lot of neoprene mats full of details and neoprene that protect the miniatures, I will choose to make a custom game table with some modular boards as this will allow me to texturize it much more and include more details.

So taking advantage of that we can made in a custom base, the first thing to do is look for inspiration and reference images.

Fortunately, thanks to NASA and the InSigth project we have a lot of real images of the soil of Mars, which is great. I'm going to copy it and try to reproduce it, always keeping the idea that it is a game table and it has to be practicable for the miniatures, so eminently we will have to use large empty space, and we cant put much rocks on it so that the game suffers.
    As you can see, on Mars there is a lot of sand, scattered rocks, very laminated rocks, dune-like hills, mountains. And despite what we have seen thousands of times in the workshop scenery there are no little crates.

In the following steps you will see the two main elements that I will add to the planks, inspired by the images: a crater rim area: that is not going to be a small part of the circumference, because the craters on Mars are very large. And a rocky but flat area, practicable for the miniatures.

Here are a few photos that I will use as inspiration.

2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6 (2).png 6.png 1.jpg

Krofna, xagroth, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  4. mikgar

mikgar Well-Known Member

no dudes en que la catarás, pero de momento esto esta muy verde, aunque espero como digo en el post tenerlo acabado para final del año. ahora mismo estoy acabando de texturizar los paneles y espero pintarlos en breve. Con la base ya terminada se puede ya jugar y empezar a meter los edificios, espero que el verano sea fructífero.

Engorn likes this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing the results!

6. mikgar

mikgar Well-Known Member

Creando la base.

Como comente previamente uno de los primeros pasos seria crear la base de la mesa. Elegí hacerlo con paneles de madera para poder texturizarlos y añadirle más detalles de modo que toda la mesa fuera más rica.

Así que lo primero era crear la mesa propiamente, utilizaría tres paneles de 60x120 cm de modo que uniendo dos tableros tuviera para generar la mesa de Infinity y tuviera un tercer modulo para crear una mesa de 180x120 cm para poder utilizarla también para warhammer 40k u otros juegos que usen una mesa rectangular. Además con eso tendría tres tableros individuales que me dan más posibilidades de combinación una vez le meta los elementos fijos como colinas, cráteres etc. para que me permitan varias configuraciones al formar la mesa de Infinity.

Para generar los tres paneles compré tres paneles de contrachapado de 1cm de grosor y varios listones de madera de 22mm para hacerles un bastidor trasero que les diera rigidez.

Lamentablemente cuando pedí los paneles me vinieron combados, como se puede apreciar en la foto. Así que lo primero que tuve que hacer fue intentar enderezarlos, aplicándoles un poco de humedad y mucho peso enzima, durante unos cuantos días. Aun y así no quedaron del todo rectos, por lo que tuve que tomar una segunda medida.
    IMG_20190211_190633.jpg

Pensaba crear el bastidor con los listones para todo el perímetro del tablón cortándolos en ángulos de 45 grados y añadiéndoles algún refuerzo interior. Iba a encolar el bastidor al tablón con cola para madera, pero dada la curvatura del tablón además de encolarlos los fije con un montón de clavos al bastidor para intentar enderezar más el bastidor.

Ahora mismo no tengo fotos del trabajo en este paso, podréis verlas cuando veamos el siguiente paso que fue crear los elementos fijos de escenografía del suelo.

Un saludo.

IMG_20190410_191150.jpg
    imagen de los bastidores, en un paso posterior

Creating the base.

As I commented previously one of the first steps would be to create the base of the table. I chose to do it with wooden panels instead of a matt or other provisional thing in order to be able to texture them and get more details and make a better table.

So the first thing was to create the table properly, I would use three panels of 60x120 cm. Joining two boards I will have the infinity table and with the third module I can create a table of 180x120 cm to use it also in warhammer 40k or others games that use a rectangular table. Also with that I would have three individual boards that give me more possibilities of combination once I put the fixed elements such as hills, craters etc to allow me several configurations for the 120x120 infinity table.

To create the panels, I bought three 1cm thick plywood panels and several 22mm wood slats to make a rear frame that would give them rigidity.

Unfortunately, when I asked for the panels, they came to me warped, as you can see in the photo. So the first thing I had to do was try to straighten them, applying a bit of moisture and a lot of weight, for a few days. Even so they were not quite straight.

I thought to create the frame with the slats for the entire perimeter of the board by cutting them at 45 degree angles and adding some interior reinforcement. I try to glue the frame to the plank with wood glue, but with the curvature of the planks I fixed them with a lot of nails to the frame in adition to the glue, to try to straighten the frame more.

Right now I do not have photos of the work in this step, you can see them when we see the next step that was to create the scenography elements of the floor.

Attached Files:

jherazob, xagroth and Koin-Koin like this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Un poco tarde... pero dos cosas por si alguien se anima. En tiendas de arte venden bastidores sólidos, incluso algunas pueden hacerlos a medida; son justo esto, una tabla con listones. Si llegan curvados, reclamas. Y ponerlos con los listones vistos y usar láminas de espuma dentro permite hacer trincheras o lagos, en vez de limitarnos a colinas.

A bit late... but two things just in case someone gives it a try. In art shops you can find "3d canvas" (3d panel? solid canvas? 3d board? maybe only a local thing for now...), some even accept custom orders; they are that, a plank (plywood or MDF) with reinforcements. If they arrive bent, you complain. And flipping them so they form a box where to place foam planks lets you do trenches or lakes, instead of limiting to hills.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation