1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Guijia or not to Guijia?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Spauracchio, May 13, 2019.

1. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Hi all!
    I'm an Infinity newbie (have some games under the belt with TAK and MRRF) and I recently fell in love with the Invincible Army! There's an Infinity Tournament coming in my city and since it's in a very friendly environment I'd like to partecipate (if only to practice and learn a bit more!) and use the occasion to jump aboard the Invincible Paintrain!

The missions are Power Pack, Comms Center and Deadly Dance. Army size is 300 pts.

I thought of this list for Power Pack and Comms Center:

IA Yan Huo Duo
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Duo, Tactical Awareness) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

For Deadly Dance I thought of this other list, using a Guijia for the bonus points:

IA Guijia

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    ZHANSHI Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 16)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    SHÀNG JÍ (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    PANGGULING (Total Reaction, Repeater) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    GŪIJIĂ MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / AP CCW. (2 | 88)
    [​IMG] GŪIJIĂ PILOT Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. ()

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm not really sure of it tho, since the Guijia isn't really worth its points in gold... Are the bonus OPs a valid enough reason to use it?
    Also, didn't really use any FD/Infiltrator since 2 over 3 missions have Exclusion/Saturation zones: should I use them the same?
    I was trying to do an Hac Tao substitutive list for the Guijia but it's being pretty hard so far!

Thanks for your help!

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

When you're going into Deadly Dance, everyone is going to be packing the big guns to kill TAGs. It's a shame, because the Guijia is the most awesome TAG model in the game, but I really can't recommend taking it in a game. Especially not in Deadly Dance.

3. IAGO242

IAGO242 Executive Officer

Take it for fun :)

Spauracchio likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@Section9 Guijia is one of the best TAG designs for sure.

Her main issue in my opinion is Guijia is a standard TAG, simple cheap and reliable, but nothing further than that, if you choose to use her you need to utilise her mobility advantage going over things lower than her silhouette and her firepower, but you need to keep in mind she needs the same care as any TAG from hacking and anti TAG weapons and repairing her has its risks.

Spauracchio and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Thanks a lot for your advices!
    I think I won't go with the Guijia, since I wasn't already sure. I thought of this other list specifically for Deadly Dance, as a substitute for the Guijia's one:

IA Deadly Dance

[​IMG]10
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    PANGGULING (Total Reaction, Repeater) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    SHÀNG JÍ MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 40)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) MULTI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
    YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm trying to pack some heavy anti-TAG firepower, while still having some ARO presence and hacking defense.
    Also, should I try to add some FD/Infiltrators?

Thanks again!

6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Why are you putting the Multi HMG FTO Yan Huo in there without anyone to make a fireteam with him? He's already not very good to begin with, but without a fireteam, there's no reason to take him over just another HRMC. Use the Missile launcher FTO if you want to run a haris (and then actually run a haris), or grab the neurocinetics ML if you want an ARO piece (...without courage). But the HMG Yan Huo is mostly a waste.

7. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Don't Guija - DOUBLE GUIJA!

Because we can.

Invincible Army

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    SON-BAE Yaókòng Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 17)
    HǍIDÀO Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'll be using this list in the next local tourney. Sometimes you gotta go big. Are there more practical ways to play? Sure! Are there more awesome ways to play? Hell no.

So while I respect your decision, I must say, sometimes it feels great to throw caution to the wind. :D

Good luck!

WarHound, Thandar, Bohrdog and 3 others like this.
  8. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Don't you prefer a Yaozao instead of a Warcor? So your engineer can cover both of your TAGs.

9. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

That was the original thought, but with a Warcor I can use command tokens to get a tenth regular order, and even put the Haidao in the Zhanshi link. With him being my only engineer, I think having SSl2 and B2 would help keep him from getting punked if I'm going second. I will try both ways, for sure.

10. Stuffist

Ah, very good points indeed.

11. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I'd recommend not bringing her ever. Maybe then CB can look at ITS stats and see it's never being taken, and consider that may mean a revision of the profile is needed.

csjarrat likes this.
  12. Stuffist

I'd recommend bringing at least 2 at each event, win everything with those masterpieces and collect fame and glory.
    I don't think the Guijia is dumbshit; it just competes with Kuang-Shi pack + Yan Huo which does better at similar price... But it is okay-ish and both versions are fucking awesome models! I build lists with my heart instead of my brain, so... GUIJIA \o/

Bohrdog likes this.
  13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Even if the Guijia under its current profile wasn't trash, you still wouldn't take it to Deadly Dance.

Deadly Dance basically has a 50% chance to require you to shove over onto your opponent's side of the table to control. To achieve this the TAG needs to either be cheap enough to be considered expendable, see Gecko/Anacondas, or be difficult to get to grips with such as those with a marker state.

The Guijia is neither. You push it over to your opponent's side of the table it's getting possessed or killed through conventional means, and it costs too much SWC and points to throw away for one turn of scoring.

On a side note, Deadly Dance is a terribly balanced mission that needs a hard rework. You can get utterly fucked by the starting rolls and start the game without much of a chance.

Sedral likes this.
  14. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

I thought to Duo him with the other Yan Huo or, if things go wrong, with one of the Wildcards. Thanks to your suggestion I think I'll downgrade the Shang Ji to a Combi Rifle one and get either a Neuro ML or another HRMC Yan Huo.

This almost made me willing to try the Guijia... Not in this Deadly Dance, but maybe in the future! Thanks for sharing it! :grin:

Thanks for the explanation!

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be honest, in the Double Guijia list I would prioritise getting an Engineer with Yaozao - as many Yao Zao as possible - and the Haidao is a bit expensive for that. The reason is that the list's hacking defence is low and a bunch of Yaozao can be used to keep up with the Guijias in order to get them Engaged if they get Possessed. Pos profile sucks in melee so Electric Pulsing the TAG shouldn't be a problem if they attempt to break free.

Stuffist likes this.
  16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's an amusing list.

Honestly, about the only TAG list I would take in Deadly Dance is my 'Samurai 7' list (Domaru+Tanko link, O-Yoroi, Yojimbo, Keisotsu hacker, doc, and engineer). And I'd plan on losing the TAG.

17. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

This is the best answer!!! DO IT!

Thandar likes this.
  18. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

This is sadly true. I'm playing Deadly Dance with IA too next tuesday (against a Tohaa opponent fielding a Gorgos) and playing with the Guijia sucks because the mission is designed for TAGs in marker state, plain and simple.

I'd also mention that the anti-TAG mechanisms are plenty and some of them really cheap. I'm taking a linked Son Bae for example, that's 17 points that can be buffed to ignore cover and blow up any TAG without negative visual modifiers in a couple of orders.

19. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

A Guijia vs a Gorgos is a pretty even playing field, they are both not great. Just watch out for all the K1 tohaa can pack.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Having access to Snipers on cheaper troops does a lot for a sectorial's ability to provide defensive support to a TAG. Have you tried making a defensive Fireteam using Zhanshi and a limited SWC budget?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation