1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperD's Nomads and PanO

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by SuperD, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

A definitely-not-my-lieutenant Intruder and a pair of a bazookas who normally pretends to be a Daktari in most games.

Attached Files:

2. Frostphoenyx

Frostphoenyx Well-Known Member

The skull-like painting is nice, and so is the cloak. Really dig the fact you didn't use red for your nomads.

3. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That NMM on that intruder is boss, dude. Well done!

4. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. Here's the latest editions.

Everyone's favourite mash-up of comic tie-in, diversity hire and name-only-a-mother can love - Massacre! Plus the ever handy Tomcat Doc.

Attached Files:

5. Frostphoenyx

Very nice. Keep up the great work :)

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

The NMM is very well-done. It looks different, more gritty, more scary. Congrats and keep the good work!

7. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

If the NMM looks more "gritty" - it's probably more due to practicality than intent! NMM can be so exhausting to paint I usually shade more than I should to hide portions of armor to reduce the workload. Thank you for the comments though!

Two more additions - Spitfire Hellcat and Intruder HMG. Plus a group photo with the Terrible Trio.

I'm not pleased with the tactical rocks under the Intruder's foot but there's a tournament on Saturday so I won't have time to fix it. I will saw it off and replace it with something more industrial in future - I can probably make his posture more vertical at the same time.

Attached Files:

8. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I love those skulls, dude.

9. WolfofWinter

WolfofWinter Well-Known Member

These look superb, and goddang! I want to try NMM, but seeing this, I'm not sure i'm up to that lol!

Very nice work!

10. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Fantastic job. Keep it up

11. Frostphoenyx

More ! I need more ! :heart:

12. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

I've been really rushing the painting this week to get ready for a tournament tomorrow. Bandit KHD and Morlock are ready to go. Most of the previous units were dudes so it was nice to paint some femme fatales. While the guys need heavy weaponry to do their work, these ladies are happy to stab things with pointy sticks. My original plan was to use 2x bandits in one of the lists but I had four test games this week and they performed poorly... so I'm having second thoughts but it's too late by now! The third picture is a group shot of my bandits and morlocks.

Attached Files:

13. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

Looks awesome! How did you do the head on that far left Morlock? I'm mostly interested in how you managed to make that super short cut hair on the side look so real!

14. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

3-4 coats of watered down grey glazes is all it takes. It's very easy, just quickly wash it on then wipe up excess out of recesses, wait for it to dry then repeat. Just be careful not to make it each coat too thick or it will get splotchy.

jherazob likes this.
  15. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

A couple of PanO test models to break up the Nomads. Let me know what you think in regards to colours.

I've tried to do everything opposite to the Nomads earlier - light where they were dark, No-Metal-Metals as opposed to NMM etc... Jade green is my favourite colour ever produced so I'm happy to find a home for it in another game system.

Attached Files:

Section9, Danger Rose, taylor and 2 others like this.
  16. WolfofWinter

WolfofWinter Well-Known Member

Reeeeeaaaaaallly like these, that's a great color scheme you have going there, bravo!

17. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

The next two PanO dudes - Nisse and Akal. I used the same basecoat on the cloth and the bases to try to link them together. Group shot has the comparison with the old brown and the newer yellow/brown - better or worse?

I'm also using a grey background for pictures as I think the white was washing out the contrast for the lighter colours.
    DSC_0469.JPG DSC_0471.JPG DSC_0474.JPG

#17 SuperD, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  18. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Interesting colour choices - BUT I LIKE IT! Keep it up man. It's alternate schemes like this that really encourage players to try their own.

19. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Man, those PanOs look amazing! You almost make me want to try my hand ath them. Almost.

20. SuperD

SuperD Well-Known Member

It's been over a month since I had paint time so I'm happy to show off some Easter work! My nomads are getting light on diversity these days - almost veering into Bro-mads territory so it's time to add in the femme fatales. On the right, we have the push-up bra with an attitude - Moira with sniper with her rifle taken from the Intruder. On the left, we have Loupe's younger sister, Soup Balboa! Her panzerfaust is a kit-bash of GW parts. I'm looking forward to adding the Moira to games - either as an ARO piece or proxying for the wonderful EM grenade launcher. Soup may not get alot of playtime as I think she only really fits well in a limited insertion list. She could also proxy as an Alguacile missile launcher although I really like the wildcats when playing Corregidor. Both of them could be a good proxy for Emily in Starco which may be may most common use for them given how awesome that profile is! I spent an extra hour on both models compared to my usual paint-time (5 hours each on these two) to put a bit more attention into the blending, particularly on the faces, and I think it shows.

DSC_0508.JPG DSC_0510.JPG DSC_0502.JPG

Section9, zapp, grampyseer and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation