1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June!

Discussion in 'News' started by kanluwen, May 2, 2019.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Any speculation on why the cost is so much higher that previous Operation boxes?

Smiler likes this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's a combination of a normal and the beyond box.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Sabin76

That would be quite odd, but I also wouldn't put it past them, nor would I be disappointed in it.

Robock and ZlaKhon like this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the first time they've actually acknowledged that faction starters can't just be 6 models all the time?

5. Sabin76

Assuming 9 + 9 = 18 models compared to the 12 you got in the Onyx box, that falls directly in line with the pricing (+ ~50%).

6. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

It's 10+10 usually.

7. Sabin76

Ah, 7 + 3 (Operation + Beyond). My bad for taking Kan's word for it.

Well, if that's the case, it could just be a slight discount on a bulk purchase?

Splod likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

6*2, plus 1*2 for the box = 14, add the 3*2 for the beyond, 20. And finally add the exclusive for 21. Plus book, 3*2 dice, and terrain...

I hope it will be Shas terrain, frankly. And for the mission to be in a shas "hatchery", the one first blown during Paradiso...

9. kanluwen

Just so we're clear:
    Onyx Contact Force was a 300 point army box. It consisted of a 6 model starter set, a 2 model box of the Remotes, and a 4 model box of Rodok.

What I'm referring to is the fact that the actual starters which are always 6 models, whether or not the points add up similar to other faction starters.

2 player starters are set up of 2 6 model starter sets+2 models for each faction that are exclusive to the box, and a VIP/Exclusive model that's in the box as a preorder benefit---putting you at 15 models in the 2P starters, until the preorders run out and that VIP/Exclusive is gone forevers.

The "Beyond" sets are just that--Beyond the box. They're not figured into anything beyond how to advance from there.

What I'm hoping for is that they've realized 6 models for something like USARF or Shock Army? It doesn't work. It needs to be at least 8-10, or it needs a heavily pointed model in there.

#169 kanluwen, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say they did. USARF has its own army box, not an OPS box... that one is TAK, with the hammer dude (about 30pts more expensive than the naga sniper several of us has converted to combi). But remember, too, that the OPS boxes are intros to the games, and the removal of skills or gear can bring down a piece's "cost" substantially.

11. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

As well as the Securitate Feuerbach!

If this box will contain metal minis for the SoF then the second hand market will get flooded with the Shas models of that box as even many Aristeia players may want them.

12. kanluwen

USARF's Army Pack is something that could go away at any time, same with JSA's.

Remember that they do sell the USARF starter by itself as well.

I'm aware, just like I'm aware that they give premade lists in there for people to use. Going strictly off what's in the box, I can make the TAK side heavier in points than the OSS side...but it requires it to have been a preordered set with the Wardriver Hacker and the Tankhunter to be CoC.
    Tartary Army Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8
    RATNIK Heavy Rocket Launcher, Heavy Shotgun / Heavy Pistol, Trench-hammer, Knife. (2 | 44)
    VETERAN KAZAK Lieutenant AP Rifle, Light Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 37)
    TANKHUNTER (Chain of Command) AP Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    SCOUT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    WARDRIVER Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 19)

3 SWC | 182 Points

Open in Infinity Army
    vs
    Operations Subsection of the S.S.S.
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7
    SHUKRA (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    YADU Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, E/Marat, Drop Bears (Throwing Weapon) / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
    DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    DEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
    NAGA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)

2 SWC | 165 Points

Open in Infinity Army

That points difference will vanish quickly though with ALEPH units, while TAK might have a hard time doing anything.

xagroth likes this.
  13. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

So uh, Gamenerdz already has July preorders up. https://www.gamenerdz.com/infinity

Operation Wildfire (Release data TBA)
    Zondnautica
    Kriigel SMG
    Speculo BSG
    Arjuna
    Irmandinhos BSG

xagroth, Section9, Berjiz and 4 others like this.
  14. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Wildfire will be a GenCon release. It was announced at the end of the year in a blog post (https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/item/613-what-will-2019-bring-from-corvus-belli) that there would be a new "Battle Pack" at GenCon. Battle Pack has only been used for Operation boxes so far.

15. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Might be O12 :thinking_face:

Azuset likes this.
  16. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Would be nifty though.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Remember that you probably need to paint them, and may even need to post a battle report to get the offering fully accepted! :laughing:

Except that MRRF was mostly lost when their transport planes were shot down (over water, IIRC).

But it would make an excellent battle box!

[​IMG]

Must. HAVE!!!

18. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

man... rereading their fluff just makes me want to play them again.

maybe its because its convention season or maybe its just me, but is CB getting more transparent about their releases? it seems like everything on this list was shown or spoiled to some degree, I think I've seen the renders off all of these prior to them going up for preorder. Discounting the Operation box of course.

19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think it’s convention season. Although they keep adding more seminars to their schedule, which does result in more previews.

20. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

It was officially answered, no O-12 in 2019.

ZlaKhon and meikyoushisui like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation