1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Well, It seems we tried to kill same guard, and Uja would be faster to take him down I believe.
    Shall I edit my post then?

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Well that was unintentional. My bad I guess. If it is not hard then I guess editing your post would be reasonable.

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Got myself up to date. Since Uja's post had explosions going off, I took that as my cue. I feel like I went a little early, I was expecting all the charges to be set and then detonated simultaneously.

OTOH... 19 Dam 29 Dam in a single attack. I think that building / anybody inside it is in a bad way. :grin: (I rolled 3 effects on my Damage dice...)

It'll take me 2 more action rounds to get ashore unless I rush. That'll allow me to clear out the remaining troops covering the south.

The real question though is, was I noisy enough? (I fired 2 Unsubtle weapons in 1 round....)

Edit: to clarify the Damage of Tony's weapons because I made a couple of mistakes.
    Panzerfaust should be 2+7& Vicious 2, Piercing 2, Spread 1, Unsubtle when fired by Tony, and the Spread damage should be 1+4&.
    EXP Grenades are 2+6& Vicious 2, Piercing 2, Spread 1, Indiscriminate (Close) , Unsubtle when fired by Tony, and Spread at 1+3&.
    Combi Rifles with AP ammo are 1+7& Vicious 1, Piercing 2.

Re: Reloads. From previous conversation I'm tracking 2 reloads for the Panzerfaust, 2 reloads for the Chain Colt, 6 reloads for each GL, and (?) reloads for each Combi. I haven't fired the Combi next, but the way I'm burning through Momentum means I may need to burn resources instead next round (Poor Light makes it just that much more difficult m'kay).

#863 inane.imp, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. Beodren

Well, I am editing Alistair attack on final sentry to be double tap, and removal of the corpse from the sight then. I will add that once inside Scot pulls the trigger on detonator.

5. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Checking the various placements on the maps and when possible will create something anew (Tomorrow, 25 of April is a big festival here in Italy, and I'm extra busy for Holiday-Related graphic works for Restaurants and Cafes). . .

For the sake of speeding up things let's assume that BOTH Alistair and Uja had retrieved their "Heavy Gear" stuff and were able to don it quickly (for the Morat it is a simple task of "Attacking" various Heavy Plates to the Symbiotic Undersuit, while Alistair has just to morph into Dogwarrior, don a Big Brestaplate and grab a Shield+Sword+Molotok). . .

@Beodren

Remember that the Heavy Plate has Heavy Infantry protective stats for the Torso and Head, and the Heavy Riot Shield even heavier; You could swap between "Three" configurations (Shield + Molotok; Shield + Sword; Sword + Molotok, with the unused Weapon resting on a hook on the breastplate back). . .

@Golem2God

You will have the AD Superjump effect of the Jetpack, and be able to carry Boarding Shotgun + Underbarrell Grenade Launcher paired with EITHER a Heavy Shotgun "Sniper Light Grenade Launcher" or a "Trench Hammer" (stats similar to a Teseum Claymore). . .

@inane.imp

You could easily infer that Your "Hacking Warfare" is wreaking a lot of chaos in Enemy Comms (scrambled to the point of UTTER confusion) and could proceed at the intended Target Zones. . .

The Gecko Suit could VERY easily climb up the Boat Loading Concrete Platforms, but if You want to avoid the risk of "Bottlenecking inside the cramped Warehous" will need a couple of Pilot Rolls (Diff. 1) to climb the Wharf Seaside parts of the Port-like structure. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

Just out of curiosity, what is this holiday called and what is it about?

7. Beodren

Got it and Alistair would try to get the gear, while sentries try to get into cover or put down the fire. I stopped actions since I was unsure of final sentry fate. I am certainly ready for some more shooting.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. inane.imp

Just reread this. It's possible that I didn't explain it well enough. The only hacking Tony and Betty have done is defensive: I haven't done any aggressive Hacking. They've beefed up the TAG's firewall and did some passive surveillance.

Tony will work that out over the next couple of rounds. Depending on what the reactions of the defending forces.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. stevenart74

@Golem2God . . .

That Holiday is called "Liberation's Day" and is more or less when, during WW2 the German Occupying Forces abandoned Italy; it was formerly a "National Unity" festival, even if Left-Wing Radicals tried a lot to usurp it as if there were ONLY "Communist Partisans" and NOT (as if was in reality) Anti-Nazist Freedom Fighters that had NO LINKS with Stalin's worldview. . .

@Beodren . . .

That final sentry is dispatched anyway, no need to stress about it. . .

You could easily gather the gear, morph into Dogwarrior Battleform and start blazing away. . .

@inane.imp . . .

I wrote in a somewhat confusing manner; what I was trying to imply is that Tony's defensive counter-hacking has confused whatever attempts of the Drone Sentries to locate You previously and are in disarray for the surprise attack. . .

. . . . .

@ALL PLAYERS. . .

Now at the moment, with the disappearance of so many Sentries, the explosions of the D-Charges and a sudden appearance of a Military-Grade T.A.G. shooting away from the seaside, the Drones of H.I.VE.M.I.N.D. are executing what is a well-done "Simulation" of the typical "Opposing Force" of the Minotaurs (Irmandhino Smugglers of Teseum, Cateran Bandits, Wulver Thug Criminals and generic "Ariadnan Neer-Do-Wells") would do if taken by surprise by a competent Merc Fireteam. . . . .

Namely running around (like headless chickens) screaming and shooting away without much Tactical Awareness. . .

. . . . .

You could decide what kind of Tactic would be better to enforce (funnelling the remaining Enemy Forces through a "Killbox Lane", besieging them into undefendable positions or engaging them in a "Moving Blitzkrieg" Battle through the ruined compound) and I will modify the map accordingly. . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  10. stevenart74

Have some serious issues with Work and Family in those upcoming days (nothing dire, just "Piling Up" of MANY deadline schedules and relatives checking ALL together) so take Your time to plan the desired outcomes of the Map. . .

Describe what preferred instances of actions You'll would like to see and I'll plan the next Map accordingly, when I can. . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

Can do. I'll get right on it. I believe, with upmost faith, that everything going on in your life will work itself out. Prayers included.

12. inane.imp

I'm not 100% certain what you're after.

I'm assuming "to crush our enemies, to see them driven before us and to hear the lamentations of their partners of choice" isn't what you're looking for?

13. Golem2God

From where I left Uja off, I can see a drone trying to face shot him. Then after taking that threat out Uja will have to deal with the perched sniper which will take some tactics and maneuvering to be successful at dislodging the robotic rifleman.

14. stevenart74

Have STILL some rather annoying issues with Family and with Work Deadlines. . .!!

Will try to post something meaningful whenever will be possible. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Golem2God

@stevenart74 I'll wait no matter how long it takes. I just want your family & work issues to go smoothly for you. Not to mention end up being in your favour.

16. Beodren

@stevenart74 @Golem2God @inane.imp

Sorry for silence! I am back and better than ever.
    As for handling the remaining threats, I say we flush them towards main gate slowly, take out the evac transport and get ourselves a good killing ground.

I will try adding post about Alistair gearing up and transforming.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Golem2God

@Beodren Oh good. Sounds like a plan. I'll get to playing out Uja's facial confrontation with a drone and the nearby sniper.

18. stevenart74

Sorry, but still have A LOT of issues piling up for Household Maintenance, Job Problems and Family Emergencies. . .

As usual nothing SUPER serious, but many, Many, MANY little annoyances all together. . .!!

Bad period, very bad period for Me. . . . .!!!

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

inane.imp likes this.
  20. inane.imp

Cheers they'll be handy.

This is a large part of why I keep pushing back on new toys other than the relatively stock Gecko. I already have 5 weapons I need to track (Combi, LGL, Chain Colt, Panzerfausts, Pistols) and with Tony's Augmentations the bonus momentum gives all of those weapons an effective Expert +1 trait so it's not like they're ineffective.

Also, the Nomad and PanO final drafts are available now. Literally the first thing I did was build an Uplifted Feline pint-sized criminal enforcer*, the second thing I did was build a min-maxed Uplifted-Cephalopod hacker (Hacking TN of 18).

* Don't call him Puss-in-Boots: he likes to play with his food.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation