1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Article On Main Page

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Someone, May 14, 2019.

1. Someone

Someone Active Member

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Actually the HI part is legit. CC part, hmm, I think CB's overrating Hulangs.

emperor26 likes this.
  3. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Yeah, we remain the HI faction, and that is definitely a trait to emphasize, but the samurai reference and 'good at CC' definitely seem to ignore that whole Uprising thing and how it changed who we are (our samurai all rebelled and left!) or how we play (our units pay a CC 'tax', but the profiles that were actually effective at CC are no longer available to us).

I know 'the Heavy Infantry faction' is a little lacking as a descriptor, so you need something else... surprised they didn't go deeper in on the versatility, the tenacity of Yu Jing. In game terms we may not be the best shooters, the best doctors, the best hackers, but we've got good 'generalists' who can serve in multiple roles (useful when, as they inevitably do, the plan falls apart and you need to pivot to something new), while in fluff terms every time PanO holds on to its Hyperpower status (and particularly when hit by the significant loss of population, territory, etc in the Japanese secession) the StateEmpire doesn't give up, it just tries a different approach and keeps striving to take its rightful place as leader of the Human Sphere.

4. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Well, technically, most of our troops have better CC than their equivalent in other factions... But CC 0-18 is actually irrelevant because of how CC works (B1 means you only want to be never miss a kick, and if possible score a nuts critical hit).

We still have a couple of pieces that can CC in corner cases, though. And most of our (well, my) lists includes 1+ of them (Monks, Kanren, Ninjas, Crane... Even Hulang!). It sometimes served me well, but this is not something to count on.

5. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Monks are extremely good at CC and disposable enough to throw them into the crit roulette, I have added Al Jabel and McMurder to my monk CC kills achievement list not long ago :D

anyway you shouldnt expect top pro competetive advice from front page

6. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Yep. In my local meta, Monks are dreaded 'cause they once added the Avatar to their long list of victims. :D

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I seem to recall Oniwaban or one of the other JSA being part of that article not too long ago, so it has been recently updated.

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Number of troops with Martial Arts in each Faction. (Vanilla) Not taking in AVA into account.

So what was that about them being the Close Combat faction? Flipping PanO has more CC troops, especially Heavy!

And don't give me the "But they have higher than average CC". It's the least used stat in the game behind Size! Also, JSA has the same thing. For CC the most important thing is Martial Arts or Protheon which drastically changes CC.

This has been one of my biggest frustrations with playing YJ. They don't live up to the hype.

Aleph 13
    3 Heavy (2 profiles of Achilies)
    4 Light
    1 Medium
    5 Warband

JSA 12
    1 TAG
    5 Heavy
    4 Skirmish
    2 Warband

PanO 10
    8 Heavy (2 profiles of Joan)
    1 Light
    1 Medium

Yu Jing 8
    3 Heavy
    1 Medium
    1 Light
    2 Skirmish
    1 Warband

Ariadna 7
    3 Light
    1 Light
    1 Heavy
    2 Skirmish

Nomads 7
    1 Heavy
    2 Light
    3 Skirmish
    1 Warband

Haqqislam 6
    1 Heavy
    3 Light
    2 Skirmish

Combined Martial Arts 4
    2 Light
    1 Skirmish
    1 Warband

Combined Protheon 4
    1 Medium
    3 Light

Tohaa 4
    1 Heavy
    1 Light
    1 Warband
    1 Skirmish

9. Someone

Someone Active Member

It’s close to be fine, really only one word needs to leave the part below to be okay. Probably just a copy paste error.

I agree on Monks being good, anything but another cheap war band doesn’t want to get in CC with them. Never killed anything amazing with one but put a wound on Achilles once which was worth the 5 points.

Mahtamori likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

I've gotten Monks in CC maybe a handful of times after years of playing. And that's with actively trying to get them into CC sometimes.

One thing also to mention is that YJ has crud as far as CC weapons go. Yes they have 2 guys with Mono. Great against HI and TAGs. Mediocre at best against everything else. The only Monk anyone takes only comes with Shock CC. Of the Heavies only the most expensive ones have DA.

#10 Space Ranger, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  11. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

You know what? I'll give them a pass of the CC praise.
    Since for all it counts, at least by their metric of martial arts, we are indeed above the average faction ( Fourth most MA units, if I am not mistaken. ).

But there are TWO things I feel gripes about.
    Firstly the samurai part. We have monks, we have ninjas, the samurais were cowardly little backstabbers with no honor that fled. Is just one small detail still.

But the part that really grinds my servos...
    They said we have TAGs at the end. We don't have TAGs, we have a single TAG.

This is highly misleading, we only have the Guijia, that only qualifies us to have a single TAG, not multiple TAGs.

I cannot stand by such grammatical and factual ignorance.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  12. Someone

Someone Active Member

We play YAMS sometimes which may help. It’s more of a late game occurrence I think and having a 4th round helps there. I rarely spend orders moving much beyond impetuous and he’s usually there for smoke.

13. Space Ranger

No s in Ninja.

Edit: sorry i'm wrong we get 2! Now slice everyone up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maksimas likes this.
  14. Maksimas

What's YAMS...?

15. Someone

Someone Active Member

Yet Another Mission System, it’s a card based alternative mission system. You draw cards to determine what’s the mission. It’s easier than ITS. We switch between ITS, YAMS and 20x20 which is a dice based system.

16. Maksimas

We had a recent 20x20 tourney actually, with pre-determined missions.
    Was fun.

Also, that explains it I suppose.

17. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is pretty misleading. I know it's probably just an old copy/paste job, but a lot has changed and this article might do more harm than good. YJ has maybe 4 units that are actually legitimately good in CC. We still pay the CC tax, but it comes with no value. The mention of 'samurai' does nothing but open up old wounds.

To put it more boldly, CB already has a reputation of not really liking YJ as it is. They last thing they need is to look even more out of touch with the faction and its base.

#17 Weathercock, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  18. Zerooness

Zerooness Member

This is looking troublesome.. not only fluff wise. maybe we should involve CB staff into this discussion. maybe they arent aware of this. *and of the blog misleading new players
    Edit: OR this is foreshadowing, that we might get a new tag and samurai and updated rules.. well maybe

emperor26, Thandar and Space Ranger like this.
  19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

One of these days I'll convince people to play a TACOS tournament... Looks very fun and engaging (card-based, always 5 cards on table, objectives are shared in a pool, and at start of each of your turn you get the opportunity to discard a card and draw a new one)

Hecaton, Stiopa and Space Ranger like this.
  20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

How often do you give the monks an entire order pool of their own to play with when you're trying to do this?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation