1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patsy in the core?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Rocker, May 8, 2019.

1. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Have you a link to pics made at German championship?

Ayadan likes this.
  2. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I couldn't find a link to any pic dumps that are still hosted somewhere, but I have them on my phone. Just send me a PM and I'll get them to you (I feel it would be too off-topic to post like 50 pics in here..).

Doa and Ayadan like this.
  4. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

No, it's normal since if you felt like this, that's I said it badly.

That's it.

I mean it is impossible to get into CC with move+move + move+CC as shown below (it's made with Paint so things lack a bit of accuracy but I think you'll get what I mean):
    [​IMG]
    (it's here even impossible to reach the DT by CC even with the WIP roll without revealing when throwing smoke and this costs only two Palbots)
    And here it is just the DT, two Palbots and a Fusilier. Add 8 guys or more, the side of their bases and FT bonuses and you understand that segmented DZ forces Impersonators/Oniwaban to fight a lot to reach their main target. So, in this condition, being a HI prevents you to get killed straight by BS attack with BSG. You could use Combi Rifle/SMG but you would be shooting at not great odds against PanO troopers with FT bonuses. So, yes, you could Smoke + CC your way through the deployment of your opponent but it is order intensive and since we are talking about Varuna, there will be here a good and easy Jammer coverage so you'll have very few occasions to do this before getting isolated.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
    And you'll see that Limited insertion lists are really playable on this kind of table if you make a good deployment.

EDIT: @Doa: I think it is made in paper.
    @Marduck: how did you made those?

Doa, daboarder and ZlaKhon like this.
  5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Great sketch! Good argument for using a 2 wound Datatracker, I completely agree.

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

And this is all on a table where it would be very difficult to keep any 1 particular non-Marker troop alive. Start playing on a table with buildings that have internals, and you can start forcing that assassin into more and more useless fights, blocking doorways with sacrificial troops, decoy markers, mines and camo tokens and you can force that assassin to expose themselves a handful of times a turn (even if its just 2 or 3 times before they get to your DT thats cost the opponent a minimum of 4-5 orders turn one if they want to maintain their marker state.

For Varuna specifically you can then throw in Jammers but all PanO sectorials have the tools to make this a dangerous play for the assassins. ASA can spam a truly terrifying number of mines in and around its DZ, forcing an assassin to risk the dodge or order intensively discover+shoot them. And MO and NCA have access to TO reactive pieces.

After all this the opponent then has to fight a linked HI unit that stands good odds of surviving the attack relative to a LI.

Its also a set up you only really need to use for a very limited and specific set of factions, JSA, Haqq, Combined army (Potentially spiral Corp, though they arent CC threats really)

Against other factions you dont need to set up like this and the factions with good solo assassin pieces like above are rarely factions which specialize in utilizing tools like Spec-fire. allowing for a tighter defensive set-up.

#86 daboarder, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Musterkrux and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. Deltervees

Deltervees Crash Test Dumbass

The terrain comes from http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/index.html

Doa likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation