1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maestro vs NWI

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by CodeMOIN37, May 13, 2019.

1. CodeMOIN37

CodeMOIN37 Member

Evening all,

Apologies if this has already been asked somewhere before:

How does NWI affect the use of the Maestro hacking programme?

I was in a situation yesterday where I dropped a Nahab killer hacker in range of my opponent’s repeater. I was thinking, “meh, I need him there and he’s got NWI”. My opponent argued that Maestro doesn’t allow the use of NWI, as it sends you straight to the unconscious state. I wasn’t sure but thought they were probably right so didn’t argue, however looking at the rules text for NWI it seems I may have shortchanged myself?. It seems that the activation of NWI is only possible during the unconscious state and removes the null label. You could also take this to mean that maestro has no effect on a trooper already in NWI. Has this situation come up before and what would be the correct interpretation of the rules?

Cheers

2. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Maestro does not affect targets already in NWI. NWI is already an Unconscious state, so Maestro cannot do anything else. It most certainly does not prevent its' use.

On a side note, if a model with 2W and NWI gets hits by Maestro and fails its save, it would go immediately to NWI but could not be killed via Maestro.

toadchild, BLOODGOD and Mahtamori like this.
  3. CodeMOIN37

CodeMOIN37 Member

Thanks for replying. *sigh* I was thinking that might be the case after rereading the rule!

I know for next time and I know next time to argue my point if I think I might be right!

Nemo No Name likes this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

@ijw
    I think it was concluded that, as redacted, Maestro forced you directly to Unconscious without being able to activate NWI/Dogged... (I think the first discussion was Umbra H+ Vs Scylla, quickly followed by the Asura H+ as a target for Maestro).

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No, that was not the conclusion.

That would directly contradict both the Maestro text and the activation text for Dogged/NWI.

Maestro:
    • Failing one BTS Roll causes the target to lose all points of his Wounds/STR Attribute and enter the Unconscious state, or equivalent, signified by an Unconscious Marker in base to base contact.
    Dogged and NW are covered by 'or equivalent'.

In addition, NWI/Dogged activation:
    The trooper entered the Unconscious state and his player announced he would activate the Special Skill No Wound Incapacitation, whether in an Active or Reactive Turn.

So the target enters Unconscious, and anything that would normally trigger when entering Unconscious can be triggered.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Translation: Don't Maestro anything that has NWI!

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the correct translation :P. Maestro has powerful MODs and can bring a 2W NWI hacker down to a sliver of life (as it were). Just don't use it after that.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

That list I think starts with the Asura and ends with the Charontid, both in their hacker profile, and both alone in that list... XD

9. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

this question come back every few weeks/months.

@Koni : could we put in the solved rule question (or even in the FAQ) ?

inane.imp and xagroth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation